Author Topic: RAT Ends: General Madine  (Read 3229 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
RAT Ends: General Madine
« on: December 30, 2004, 02:28 AM »

JD.com is proud to present our first ever Review-A-Thon...  It's a way we're going to clean out some old reviews we've got backlogged and get a little something for you, the viewer, to read over theholidays.

And we bring not only the Endor Wave to a close here, but our holiday Review-A-Thon also comes to a screeching halt.  We'll be leading into the new year with the OTC figures and VOTC while we build into the POTC, so keep your peepers peeled to the main page for those. 

Yes, I wanted to end the Endor Wave with a doozie, and boy did I.  I have to say this figure topped many-a-fan's wishlists for some time, and not only does he nix off another vintage figure that needed done, but he also makes for a GREAT figure in the end.  The Endor Wave's General Madine (Endor Strike) actually, for a boring old dude, is a great action figure...  Amazing!

The funny thing with Madine is that he's got more arm articulation/poseability than the Saga Endor Soldier, Saga Endor Han, or the Saga Hoth Soldier...  What the hell is that all about Hasbro!?!?   ???

I mean, don't get me wrong here...  The figure has ball/socket elbows, poseable wrists, etc...  I love it, it's great, but how can you screw over army builders in the articulation area, but give it to a guy who did nothing more than point.

Hey, I don't make them, I just critique them, and in my view Hasbro really needs to make sure EVERY figure who picked up a gun should have these arms that Madine has.  Great stuff here.  I can't wait to do a Madine shooting it out of a sticky situation diorama...  becaus I can!

OK, but what else is up with Madine?  Well, he's pretty cool for sure.  He does flesh out those vintage resculpts we all want too, so that's all good stuff.  He's got the most poseable arms of a basic figure...  well damn near ever.  I'm amazed really.

Read the full review for his negatives, but really this is a figure I had to own a few of when he became readily available in the OTC line. 

And with that, I'm thanking all you readers out there who read through my reviews as well as those who came in to participate.  I appreciate the feedback and your personal opinions.  Feel free to make your own reviews too...  We don't discriminate.  The more the merrier I figure.

Thanks guys, and I look forward to doing more figure reviews from now till the cows come home.  And once again a thank you to the staff here at JD who helped me get these all together and posted.  Hopefully we'll have a steady stream of reviews in 2005 folks!

Hell, I may even start reviewing packaging...   :-\  Not much fun, but whatcha gonna do, ya know?  Some of you guys seem to dig it.   :P
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: RAT Ends: General Madine
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 11:25 AM »
I'm surprised there have been no reactions to this figure yet, especially since it's a well done figure that seemd to come in under the radar. Great review Jesse and I totaly agree!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 07:15 AM »
Thanks Anton...

Madine was underrated by many.  I know when clearances arrived I was looking for him just for simple headswaps.  He had a lotta look-a-likes behind him so some good generic headcasts and you've got some good Rebel Spec. Forces officers to chill with Madine.

The guy had some of the best arm articulation of any figure though at the time...  The irony that it was used on Madine is just too funny though.  Especially when Lando was released right with him and really a "main" character like Lando (who had a gun accessory too) is the one you'd think would get that kind of extra attention, haha.

He's a cool figure though...  One of the ones that made OTC special to me.  Some nicer leg articulation would've rocked though now that we see what ROTS has done.  Just knee ball/sockets, but as it stands he's got arm articulation that should be the bare minimum in this line I believe.

When Madine can hold a gun better than any Rebel Soldier figure to-date, I think we have a MAJOR problem.  :)  Hasbro needs to get off the pot on this one and resculpt all 3 styles of Rebel Trooper methinks!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 12:41 AM »
Jesse, I would love to see the Rebel Troopers with the articulation of the Obi Wan Pilot.
Just this last week I found a "returned" Madine and picked him up for $2 at Walmart. I also love this figure and was glad to get a second one, especially at that price!
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2005, 01:42 AM »
Trying to get some headcasts going for customs using Madine.  I love the figure.  I had him in a "defending" pose with a blaster for a while.  Funny how a boring guy with a supercuts hair-do can be such a great figure just based on his arms being fun to pose. :P

He did nothing and yet I've got him in a pose on my rebel shelf holding a blaster and tearing up some Imp Stains.