Author Topic: My collection boxed up and home construction photos  (Read 50758 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: My collection boxed up and home construction photos
« Reply #120 on: June 4, 2010, 03:57 AM »
Your yard looks fantastic Brent. 

I like the waterslide idea too.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 4, 2010, 03:47 PM »
It's funny, once the pool was in I talked to the wife about a waterslide  :D  I was talking about one from the roof of the two story house but she didn't find it so funny.  That said, the usual slide for a pool these days runs around $4000 installed  :o  Don't see it happening.  Not much out there for used slides either I'm afraid because no one realizes what they're worth plus the older ones probably don't meet safety standards  :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 4, 2010, 04:41 PM »
No slide aside, love that pool and deck man.  Very cool setup!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 3, 2010, 10:11 PM »
So maybe I should post some pics of toys?  Probably a good idea.  Not much happening besides insulating the garage anyway.  Aiming to get the electrical, lighting, subfloor and drywall done in the basement this winter so those can come later. 

The most suitable thing to show I guess is the vintage stuff in storage, so carded and boxed stuff for the most part.  I needed to see what I had and where I was so maybe I can figure out where I'm going ultimately.  Vintage prices don't seem to be waning at all so I'm not sure if I even want to try and finish out some of the aspects of the collection.  I'm really happy with the loose collection and am only missing a few pieces I want that way. 

So, let's start with carded vintage figures.  Star Wars cards first and at one time I had a goal of getting all 12 12-backs for $100 each.  Not going to happen, I know, but these six I scored for under $550 total.

Obviously the more expensive ones are left and some of these (C-3PO/Leia) are not in the best of condition.  I really wanted to finish out these but now not so sure.

Other SW carded figures:

The Gonk Droid is what is giving me the willies with carded stuff.  I bought it sealed and the glue just dried up, as a result of time and the whole bubble, figure and all, fell off. :-\  Is that the future for all the cards?  The other R2 is a 21-back without the UPC.   ::)  Don't ebay drunk, especially when you're eyeing up something like a 12-back R2. 

Empire carded stuff:

The second Imperial Commander has a good tear out of the front that's just beside the glare.  I got it with a lot for a good price, so didn't mind owning it but the other is much sweeter.  Both are 41 backs.

ROTJ stuff:

I got a great deal on the two pack and even though the bubble is just smashed I still like it.  Hey, for $10?  The Vader and Obi ar emy stand ins for the 12-backs and I really dig the trilogo stuff and was making a great start on that stuff just before the market exploded.  I know some stuff was going to be outrageous anyway but most of it went nuts.  So I'm good for Jedi with Jedi cards or preferably trilogo cards.  More of those below:

I was farting around on the mini-rigs for a while too.  I was after MISB or mint with box and all inserts.  Some came in lots so that explains the duplicates.  The triplicates I'll blame on booze/ebay combo again. 

I wanted some loose beasts and managed to score some boxes with them too.  One Tauntaun has the inserts, the other doesn't but both are solid belly.  The box on the Wampa is beat but the figure is nice and white. The combat glider and speeder bike are both sealed.

A few odds and ends as well.  The X-wing is opened but has the inserts and I think the stickers are still on the sheet.  The cloud car is essentially loose.  The land of the Jawas playset is complete but mostly loose and no inserts.  It's pretty beat up.  The Dagobah playset is still sealed, but water damaged on one side and the bottom, still in really nice shape though.

Finally a couple of loose ends.  My only carded POTF figure, a B-wing pilot (I opened a damaged but complete A-Wing pilot to have a second loose one with my Droids figures).  Finally a carded Sand Skimmer.  I'd like to finish those out carded but I'm not sure I'm up for the $60-80 they'll command for each. 

So some pretty glaring gaps left to fill, especially if I stick to my original release card approach (ROTJ/trilogo being interchangeable).  I've got about 35 of 92 figures.  Ugh.  Might be time to sell or specialize. 

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 4, 2010, 02:11 AM »
Some great looking stuff there Brent.  I'm still amazed you paid less than $100 each for those 12-backs.  Patience pays eh?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 4, 2010, 09:03 AM »
Great collection of vintage Brent.  Some of pieces are in really amazing condition.  Hard to believe that stuff is 30+ years old.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 24, 2010, 08:11 PM »
You have a pool and you didn't invite me up???? :-*  I saw Frankenberry cereal the other day and thought of you - nice to see your figures finally made it out of their boxes!!   :)
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2010, 01:48 PM »
You have a pool and you didn't invite me up???? :-*  I saw Frankenberry cereal the other day and thought of you - nice to see your figures finally made it out of their boxes!!   :)

You are officially invited up next summer.  Road trip to the northwoods!

Frankenberry?  Heh.  I still have two boxes and they might have come from you Beth.  Methinks it's time to crack one open.