Author Topic: Polish Bootlegs  (Read 26378 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Polish Bootlegs
« on: January 7, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Just received these two 3rd generation Polish bootlegs in the mail.  8) 
Big Thanks to John Alvarez.   :)

You can read more about them in the archive.

3rd Generation Polish Bootlegs

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
Re: Polish Bootlegs
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2005, 07:11 PM »
Those look pretty good, I'm surprised for bootlegs that the paintjobs are so clean. I just finished reading the archive article and it brings up a question.  Assuming new molds had to be made for the 3rd gen bootlegs, evident by the fact that 3rd gen figs are smaller than 1st gen figs, why not just make molds of kenner figures so that say a Prune Face has all of the appropiate parts.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2005, 08:07 PM »
Very Cool!
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Those are very nice Dale! Good addition to the collection :)

Offline HWR

• Jedi Initiate
  • Finally I have returned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 8, 2005, 04:32 AM »
Cool bootlegs Dale, and I must say they are in very good condition, often bootlegs are of poor quality.

-H
Collector of vintage loose Star Wars figures and variations.
Three time sponsor and presenter at the Celebration Europe Collector Track.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 04:16 AM »
Did you guys catch this auction?  Damn fine shape.  8)

vintage POLISH bootleg BOBA FETT !

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 09:47 PM »
I picked up these 3 over the past year.  8)

1st Generation AT-AT Driver, 3rd Generation Zuckuss & 3rd Generation Leia.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 10:19 PM »
That Leia kills me.  She puts monkey face Leia to shame.  :D

The cool thing about those bootlegs is that they are painted very well - I always pictured bootlegs having terrible paintjobs, but these are done quite nicely.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 10:29 PM »
Cool pickup Dale, the Leia is pretty neat I think.  The paintjob on the face gives it a bit of Japanime charm to it. Are those arms supposed to be from Klaatu?
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I'm not sure what those arms are from, sort of gives her that General Leia look. She is suppose to have a white cape which was included but it may not be original as it looks like it was cut from a white kitchen garbage bag.

I received this beauty in the mail today.  8)  Gotta love that saber sword!  :D

3rd Generation Darth Vader.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Yeah the Leia does have a "officer" feel to it.

Nice pickup on the Vader, the sword looked very familiar and I couldn't place it at first. Then I realized it's shortened version of a sword that came with the 3rd version of Snake Eyes from ARAH...

http://www.yojoe.com/action/89/snakeeyes3.shtml

Ironically, for a time my Jedi Luke used this sword in place of his lightsaber.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 01:11 PM »
The Leia arms are the ATAT Driver. As for the Joe sword there are others. In recent years information has surfaced that the company that made the 3rd Generation SW bootlegs also made a pretty hard to find set of GI Joe bootlegs as well. That would explain the inclusion of the Snake Eye sword and others. I'll be updating my article in the coming months to include this information. Several hybrid Joe/SW figures have also surfaced. I helped Shane acquire one of every bootleg Joe weapon and a Hoth Rebel with GI Joe legs. I'll be adding a pic of that to my article as well.

For those with an interest in these bootlegs who have never read my article it's the best information available online or in print. Have a read:
http://www.toysrgus.com/images-speci/polishboots/index.html
I'm due to add many more color variants and some new 3rd Gen information but as is it'll give you a great start in learning about these lines.

Dale, neat stuff. If you ever want any more just LMK and I'll see what I can get you. ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

John

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 2, 2006, 10:47 AM »
I remember seeing some of these on e-bay and thinking someone was insane for charging so much for what was obviously a kit-bash fake. Little did I know.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 8, 2006, 01:18 AM »
Several hybrid Joe/SW figures have also surfaced. I helped Shane acquire one of every bootleg Joe weapon and a Hoth Rebel with GI Joe legs. I'll be adding a pic of that to my article as well.

John, do let us know when that pic is up, I'm real interested to see how the hybrid looks. Assuming an ARAH style set of legs was used a lot of work would have been necessary to get them to fit with the Rebel Solider. Is it just the legs themselves or is the pelvis/waist used as well? Either way would have it's own unique difficulties in meshing with a vintage SW figure.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 9, 2006, 03:37 PM »
when that pic is up, I'm real interested to see how the hybrid looks. Assuming an ARAH style set of legs was used a lot of work would have been necessary to get them to fit with the Rebel Solider. Is it just the legs themselves or is the pelvis/waist used as well? Either way would have it's own unique difficulties in meshing with a vintage SW figure.

Shane would be a much better person to ask what figure, or time frame, or series, the legs came from. In this case it was just legs. They were rubber and had the same leg pins as a 3rd Gen SW figure. They basically painted the legs grey to match the grey soldier and "VOILA". It's pretty neat. IIRC There's also a Lando General out there with both legs and arms belonging to Joes. I'd like to get pics of that too.

I've got some other stuff lined up but I'll try to get that up soon. For now drop me an email southside_201@yahoo.com and I'll send you the pic to see.

John