Author Topic: Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.  (Read 63829 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Terminator (Aliens, Predator, Etc.)... 4" Scale.
« on: January 28, 2005, 01:09 AM »
Sounds like it's maybe coming...  No pictures yet, but I guess some stuff was previewed this past year at a show.  It is indeed in the Star Wars scale as well.

Veeeerrrrrrrryyyyy interesting.

I'm wanting some resistance fighters and Endoskeletons!!!  An Arnold figure for customs is just gonna be funny as hell too.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 03:07 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: Terminator Toy Line... 4" Scale.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 04:25 AM »
Hmm... who's making this?  Could be cool.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 05:30 AM »
Palisades, who cranked out those 1:18 scale figures for Army of Darkness.  The Terminator line's described specifically as "an army builder" line.

OOOooooooo *Drool*

I'm not even THAT into Terminator, but I can see the potential for that film's "universe" being a kickass one to get into with soldiers and such...  And of course I'm open to any new "fodder" arriving for customizing,b ut I'm thinking some of this stuff could be kick ass on its own too.

I dream of the day they make a super articulated 1:18 scale Predator/Aliens line with Colonial Marines...  I can only imagine the coolness that would spew forth of a toy line like that.

Those AoD figures are articulated nicely but I hear they're fragile ala a McFarlane figure.  I gotta find some of them to buy even in my area to see first hand.  I wanted some skeletons from them anyway.

Terminator could kick ass.  Who doesn't want a custom Star Wars senator that has Arnold's head on it, ya know?  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2005, 09:27 AM »
Soundes interesting, but there are too many lines i would love to buy but not enough money or space to get them.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 1, 2005, 08:57 AM »
I had absolutely no interest in Army of Darkness. Never saw the Evil Dead movies. But I couldn't resist picking up almost every 4-inch figure Palisades offered for that line. By comparison, I'm far more interested in T-2, so like you, Jesse, I'm drooling over this announcement. I'll have a 4-inch scale Iron Man leading my Clone Troopers into battle against a few endoskeletons and a platoon of battle droids.

I dream of the day they make a super articulated 1:18 scale Predator/Aliens line with Colonial Marines...

No Colonial Marines yet, but if you don't mind building the Aliens and Predators yourself, check out these Snap Kits. I have a Warrior Alien, a Grid Alien, and a Predator and they're pretty frickin' cool. So long as you dip the parts in boiling water before you snap them together, they're pretty easy to put together and look great alongside Star Wars figures.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: February 1, 2005, 09:26 PM »
Holy **** MisterPL, you sir rock!  :)  Now to figure out where they are to order at AHQ.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 1, 2005, 09:54 PM »
 :-\  Well, it seems like they don't have many of them, and those they do have are sold out for the most part (not all)...  That sorta sucks.

I wonder where I could get a case, and what it'd run me?  I'd dig having one of those chase figures, bigtime!

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 2, 2005, 02:10 PM »
Yeah, I'm hanging on to my McFarlane and Kenner Alien Queen figures until I decide which one is closer to the 4-inch scale. (Suggestion?)

Hopefully ActionH-Q will restock. The kits ran for about $10 each, but a bit more for the chase figures as I recall.

And don't forget there's a 4-inch Star Trek line coming out in Japan as well. No word on who's doing it, but since Art Asylum has worldwide rights to the property, they're acting as creative directors and are reportedly offering a convention exclusive this summer. Should be interesting.

Hopefully we'll see something at Toy Fair. Can't wait to see the T-2 line.
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 2, 2005, 09:01 PM »
The aliens...  That's a toughie on scale because they varied in the films even, but the costume was actually a guy in it in the original alien, and also in Aliens too I believe (at least at times), and so the height's about that of an average dude...

I've never compared the kenner figures to Hasbro SW figures, but if I held one of those aliens next to VOTC Han, Bespin Capture Han, etc. and it matched up fairly well (little taller but looked like an average size guy in a big costume), then I would think highly of the scale... 

I want to get some of those figures.  Some are in stock I just am not real high on fundage right now...  I could definitely at least use an alien and a predator...  Just something for a little taste of what the others would be like.

This talk of 4"-ish scaled figures really has me jonesing even more for figures in this scale.

LOTR right now would be my ultimate pick for the 1:18-ish scale treatment...  Star Trek would be right up there though so those sound intriguing.

What I like about those kits you showed me Mr.PL is that they appear to actually yield a VERY poseable figure.  As poseable or more so than most any SW figure short of perhaps a SA figure.  I'm intrigued and may just get a couple of what they do have to test them out...  Pose 'em next to a Stormie squad like they're ripping them apart. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: February 2, 2005, 09:04 PM »
BTW,

I hope the T2 line isn't limited to like Arnie, an Endo Termie, or things like that...  The line was described specifically as an "army builder" toy line... 

Could it be we'll see resistance fighter/Endo Skeleton 2-packs?  Perhaps a vehicle or two?  That'd be some ideal stuff.  The human resistance aspect of the Terminator series always intrigued me more than the time-travel storylines...  I preferred the flashback scenes MUCh more.  That's a series unto itself that I'd watch intently.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2005, 12:02 PM »
I've never compared the kenner figures to Hasbro SW figures, but if I held one of those aliens next to VOTC Han, Bespin Capture Han, etc. and it matched up fairly well (little taller but looked like an average size guy in a big costume), then I would think highly of the scale... 

The Marines were slightly larger than 4" scale, but not quite 6" scale IIRC, but I've had the Scorpion Alien in my Cantina setup for years so I'm used to his size, about on par with, uhm, Muftak. The Kenner Queen is quite a bit larger, but she's packed away right now.

I'm really looking forward to seeing these Terminator figures. The Army of Darkness ones were very well-made, so my expectations are high.

And those Predator/Alien "snap" figures are sweet! I'll have to definitely keep my eyes peeled for those.

About the only other thing I'd need to complete my ultimate fanboy sci-fi battle set-up would be an army of ED-209s.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 4, 2005, 10:05 AM »
That Scorpion Alien is my favorite of all the Kenner figures (although I have a special place in my heart for the Monket Alien). Unfortunately, it's pretty cartoony compared to the Snap Kits version.

Takara is also offering 4-inch scale Alien vs Predator figures this year, though all I've seen are prototype images of the Aliens, including a Queen. No idea if she'll actually be true 4-inch scale, though. I suspect they'll cheat, but you never know. (Hey look - a link to pictures!)

And it looks like the emphasis is going to be on the Future War for the Terminator line. Palisades doesn't have likeness rights to Arnold. They can come close, but not TOO close, which is interesting now that he's an elected official. Maybe they should offer a Governor Schwarzenegger figure through the club just for head swaps. ;)
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: February 4, 2005, 11:14 PM »
I hope that's the case MisterPL...  Even if no Arnold comes through, I'd take whatever they threw at us if it's from "the future" era of the Terminator films.  To me that's the era with the most toy potential...  The films themselves really only offer you a few main characters and that's it.

A couple terminators, or variants of the same terminators, and the Sara Connor, Jon Connor...  Whoever the hell the dude was that banged Sara in the first film (I totally forget his name now).

If it's resistance guys, I'm in for maybe even multiples.  All I know is an Endoskeleton is almost a given and that'll be great SW custom fodder for a Phase 1 Darktrooper base.  Add a cleaver/shield and maybe a repeater, and you're set practically.  Tons of other figure potential too with resistance dudes.

Haven't seen pics of those Terminator figures by chance, have ya? :)  Toy Fair's got more this year than ever that piques my interest...  beyond Star Wars of course.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 4, 2005, 11:26 PM »
Don't worry Jesse, I'll try and cover the entire Toy Fair, not just the SW related stuff.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: February 5, 2005, 02:01 AM »
I just watched T2 last night, and I think 1:18 scaled Hunter/Killers (those badass tanks in the future sequences) would totally kick ass.

Plus, I'd love some Star Wars-scaled Endoskeletons. I can't wait to see this stuff, or if my HK dreams will come true. :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk