Author Topic: What does your JD forum member name mean?  (Read 26490 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: What does your JD forum member name mean?
« Reply #45 on: January 3, 2004, 12:50 AM »
Where do I begin...

EN.IGIGI is Summerian for Lord(EN)of those in orbit(IGIGI)For those of you unfamiliar with what this is refrence to,heres a clue...go out and by the 12th Planet by Zacharia Sitchen.Also...the IGIGI were the olden gods to the Babalonians,but I won't spoil the books for ya!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 3, 2004, 01:10 AM »
I was Slave_531 which was just my favorite Star Wars ship (Slave I), and my birthday (May 31). I changed my name to Diddly Squat, because a lot of the members at RS (Mostly n00bs)don't seem to know diddly squat (Bangs, Durge, etc.). I started liking the name more than Slave_531, so I changed it to Diddly Squat at all the forums I visit.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #47 on: January 3, 2004, 01:19 AM »
Oh boy, I get to tell my tale again!!

When I was signing up at RS, I was looking for something that didn't really involve a Star Wars character's name or use the word 'Jedi', so my options were quite limited, as you can imagine. So, I initially came up with 'Lucas' Missing Integrity', based on my dislike at the time for the man. But, I didn't like it, and I gave up. A couple of days later I was going through my collection, and I realized I had something like 15 Darth Vader figures, and I noticed a lot of them had features that could easily have been combined, and therefore, less Vader figures. I figured Hasbro knew what they were doing, and had no integrity in the lot of them. (They are a corporation, after all.)

So BAM!!! Hasbro's Missing Integrity.

I shortened to HMI because it's handier and stuff. And it didn't fit anywhere else I tried to sign up at.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 3, 2004, 05:49 AM »
Guttersnipe....hmmmmmmm.
It is just a stupid word that I don't really know if it exists at all. I will have to check on that. It is used clearly in the put down sense
i.e. You Damn Guttersnipe.  
Maybe it means what it says:
Gutter - Side of road or the lowest one can be (in the gutter)
Snipe - A wading bird (J/K) or, To snipe like sniper.

Shooting from the gutter (I think ;))

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 3, 2004, 12:51 PM »
Well, my origional name on most star wars forums was Darth Mange, but upon my leave from SW collecting for a while, I took a new name, and kept up with my JP collecting. When Andy came up with this Apocalypse thing, I jumped at the chance for the name Famine.

There you have it.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

obi_robz

« Reply #50 on: January 3, 2004, 01:36 PM »
It's the short form of my name.

Offline Jedi Idej

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 3, 2004, 02:26 PM »
A carry-over from BHC.

Never joined a forum until then, so to get into the spirit of things, and to be cool in a conformist kinda way   :-*, I used Jedi.  Couldn't think of anything else so I just reversed Jedi into Idej. A palindrome, as Czar of the BHC pointed out a while back.

Turns out I wasn't very original, either. I tried to register Yahoo, Hotmail, and Excite email acounts but variations of Jedi Idej were already taken.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 4, 2004, 07:15 PM »
Um...I've tried to remember when i made this name at RS, but the reason why eludes me.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 4, 2004, 07:58 PM »
didn't we do this already?

anyway....

back in the day when i first got online i was using the abomination known as aol. so, you were forced to pick a screen name. of course, i went for the name of my favorite sw character, boba fett. but, alas, it was taken by some other fanboy already. and i didn't want to be bobafett213251, so i tried the "other" boba fett, jodo kast. but that, too, was taken. so, being the amazingly creative person that i am, i took the first two letters the first and last name of jodo kast and the first two letters of the first and last name of boba fett, and came up with jo ka bo fe. and there you have it :)

Offline Darth Paul

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 5, 2004, 10:32 AM »
Back in the day, I thought it would be terribly clever of me to call myself Darth Paul.  Paul being my name, and rhyming with Maul  ::)
Now I use it at several sites, including BHC, rebelscum,  and snowtroopers.ca.  It has too much history attached to it to change it now,  original as it is.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #55 on: January 8, 2004, 02:21 PM »
Lando is a Scoundrel.  :-\

Actually, my cousin and I joke around about Lando all the time, and I was more of a scoundrel when I came up with the name, so I just went with "LandotheScoundrel". Though at GH its one letter too long, so I had to use "LandodaScoundrel"...lame.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 8, 2004, 03:32 PM »
I got my nickname at work. I sign off on artwork approvals using my initials and one of my colleagues started referring to me as "MisterPL." It stuck. So when it came time for a CB handle screen name, I went with that.

Pretty exciting, huh?
Post sober.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2004, 12:10 AM »
#1 1998 just so happened to be the year I got married, most of my friends were unmarried at the time and to them I became...Old

#2 After a very successful Fantasy Football season in 1998 (I think I went 15-2 and set many scoring records), my league mates thought I was way too cocky.  Hey, drafting Randy Moss, Randall Cunningham and Fred Taylor deserves some degree of cockiness...Cocky

There is a rapper of the Wu-Tang Clan that goes by the name of Ol' Dirty Bastard...who goes by the initials ODB and whose popularity peaked in 1998 as well.

Somewhere in late 1998, my friends put the three above together and started calling me OCB...the name has been with me ever since.  It is also is a fine buffet house as well, the Old Country Buffet, of which I have no affiliation  ;)

Some of you around these parts may want to know whats behind my recent new persona...I'll let this speak for itself

Sincerely,

Mister 5000

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2004, 01:16 AM »
I had a GUT FEELING (Nod to Devo) that thats why you chanegd your name. 5000 posts  ;D
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 01:17 AM by Playgirl Betty »

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2004, 06:38 AM »
Congrats, GNT’s Mini-Member...ahem, sorry…I meant to say GNT’s “Mini-Me” :)

My own name reflects the fact that I shall be leaving you soon. I decided that instead of deleting myself, I should just quit posting for a while. Most of you are great, but there is still an RS-like atmosphere here (increasingly so) that I can obviously get my fix of elsewhere.

Avatars often go with name changes, so here are the ones I’ve used to far. With 5 days to go, I am currently on the Jackson 5. Since you are all mostly North Americans, I should explain that the last one was a guy hitting a “Six” in a Cricket match.

Edit:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2004, 08:47 AM by Obi-Robz (3 days to go) »
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)