Author Topic: Look what I just scored!!!  (Read 18345 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Scored 3 HUGE EP1 figs today!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2003, 11:41 AM »
NRG on trilogo? ;) ;D  Does it need a home where it won't be discriminated against for it's trilogo-ness?

Removing price stickers is easiest with goo-gone.  Nothing works better.  Just drop it on, leave stand for a couple of minutes then peel off the sticker like it was just sitting on top, rather than stuck.  Wipe off the residue and no damage, no discolouration at all.  I won't remove a sticker without it now. It just makes it so easy.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2003, 12:33 PM »
I'll echo what Brent mentions. Goo-gone is the best. I use the old small heater method but you have to be very carefull. Heats up very fast & can burn. I know.
The bubble will melt & the card will warp. It takes practice to use this method.

Go with goo-gone. Your action figures will Thank You.  ;)

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2003, 02:15 PM »
just a hair dryer is BEST ;)

Offline Obi-Wan

• Youngling
  • The Force Is My Ally
    • View Profile
    • Jediforce!
Re: Look what I just scored!!!
« Reply #18 on: May 3, 2003, 12:43 PM »
Congratulations on your find Dustrho ;D
Obi-Wan
Staff Member: Jediforce

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #19 on: May 3, 2003, 04:35 PM »
Congratulations on your find Dustrho ;D

Thanks a bunch!
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #20 on: May 3, 2003, 04:36 PM »
Where did you get that fancy case!?

Got the case at Wholesalecases.com.  Bought from them 3 or 4 separate times, and have been very satisfied with their products and service.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #21 on: May 3, 2003, 04:37 PM »
Well, I got the price tags off with no problem, but those Japanese stickers are awful!  I'm just going to leave them on, because it was too difficult getting one of them off.  Plus I don't feel like using any of these 3 as guinea pigs for using goo-off or goo-gone (whatever it's called) for the first time.
dustrho

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 2, 2003, 11:49 AM »
Just score these three figures at the Kane County Toy Show (in Illinois) today (4/27), and only paid $40 for all three.  Some may think that's steep, but I was very happy with the purchase.  These figures are on awesome cards.  Now I only need two more figures to finish my single-figure EP1 collection... TC-14 and Naboo Royal Guard.

-- Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp)
-- Queen Amidala (Battle) with Ascension Gun
-- Sio Bibble

I found Sio Bibble at K-Mart several moths after he had been out.  He was in VF-Nm, but I pad $6.  I had to pay $20 for Jar Jar.  I bought Amidalla for cost, but opened her for some odd reason.  I later traded her + $10 for a MOMC.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 2, 2003, 11:52 AM »
Yep!!! $20-$25 is about right.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 1, 2009, 12:24 AM »
So after years upon years, I have finally completed my E1 collection with the acquisition of this guy:

Darth Maul with Sith Speeder Game

I picked mine up off the Ebay.uk site for just $25 shipped.  Much cooler figure than I imagined.  He is similar to E1 styling, but has bendable knees, rotating wrists, and cloth cloak.  The cloak is dust colored on the bottom to match the sand he picked up riding his bike on Tatooine.  He also comes with a cool video-game/bike.  Well worth the purchase!   8)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 1, 2009, 09:33 AM »
That was on my list forever when I was still trying to buy everything. Nice score!!!!!!!
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 1, 2009, 10:53 AM »
I had a time tracking that one down too. I got it years ago, but had to do some searching a shopping around. When I finally pulled the trigger, I had gotten out-bid on one that sold for $125 on ebay. The next available one a few days latter I got for $30.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 7, 2009, 01:57 AM »
So after years upon years, I have finally completed my E1 collection with the acquisition of this guy:

I picked mine up off the Ebay.uk site for just $25 shipped.  Much cooler figure than I imagined.  He is similar to E1 styling, but has bendable knees, rotating wrists, and cloth cloak.  The cloak is dust colored on the bottom to match the sand he picked up riding his bike on Tatooine.  He also comes with a cool video-game/bike.  Well worth the purchase!   8)

****, I think you just pointed out something that I'm missing.  

Just when I thought I had them all... I didn't even know this thing existed. 

It's a unique darth maul and the sculpt wasn't sold in any other format?
« Last Edit: October 7, 2009, 01:58 AM by Rob »

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 7, 2009, 05:50 PM »

I picked mine up off the Ebay.uk site for just $25 shipped.  Much cooler figure than I imagined.  He is similar to E1 styling, but has bendable knees, rotating wrists, and cloth cloak.  The cloak is dust colored on the bottom to match the sand he picked up riding his bike on Tatooine.  He also comes with a cool video-game/bike.  Well worth the purchase!   8)

****, I think you just pointed out something that I'm missing.  

Just when I thought I had them all... I didn't even know this thing existed. 

It's a unique darth maul and the sculpt wasn't sold in any other format?

It's unique.  I'll try to get a few photos of it posted - it's actually prtty cool compared to most of what was released for E1.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 8, 2009, 12:17 PM »
Thanks.

Just when I thought I'd collected 'em all.... 

I don't mind paying $30 for one, but there's no way in hell I'm paying anything close to $120.