Author Topic: Animated Wave 3 - Anakin/Grievous/ARC  (Read 54313 times)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Animated Wave 3 - Anakin/Grievous/ARC
« on: February 27, 2004, 05:48 AM »
So with the Clone Wars mini series making a come back next month, for the next (and last?) 10 episodes, do you think there will be any more animated figures to go along with it, to support it's release?  With a number of new characters that they're likely to introduce in the second half, I think we'll see more of these figures, if but only one wave this time (hopefully two though).

What do you think?  More on the way?  I haven't followed the teases on the next round, but I'm sure others have a clue as to what else is on tap.  So with that in mind, what figures do you think they could use in Series 3 of the animated figure line?  The only one that pops into my mind at the moment is that character that was just announced at the official site - the half alien half droid Jedi killer thing.  I suppose a Padme would be a solid and obvious choice as well.  Which others though?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 05:03 PM by Nataku »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Animated Wave 3 (and beyond)?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 09:39 AM »
I'm not so sure that we'll see any more of this Animated line, but I personally kind of hope that we could see at least one more wave.  I'm not sure how everyone else feels about them, but I kind of like this little "sub-set".  I received the three figures I was missing yesterday from Matt (JediMAC), and I really like the lineup all together.  Personally, I would like to see R2 and 3PO included if they did one more wave, along with the "new" bad guy (not sure if I can post his name here or not, due to spoilers).  I suppose Padme would be another candidate, or maybe Kit Fisto.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2004, 11:03 AM »
Yea, we could still see some "non" animated too! For the regular Clone Wars line, what about Padme, 3PO, R2, Darth Sidious, that is a whole line right there, they could also do those in animated then through in, Kit Fisto and Saesee Tiin to be animated too.  Lets not forget those kick ass - Female Jedi - Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee. They could do so much!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2004, 02:14 PM »
I saw an animated Padme maquette is some site's Toy Fair coverage. I'd love to have a figure of it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 01:09 PM »
Well, based on what we've NOT seen, and NOT heard, it's not looking good for another wave or two of the animated figures.  Bummer.  I would've like to see Kit, Padme, the Droids, Obi-Wan in armor, ARC Trooper, and any other major players from the second half of the series that's coming up soon.

I'm frankly a little surprised to see that there might not be any further toy tie-ins for the second half of the series - be it animated or regular Clone Wars figures.  Oh well.  They all clogged the pegs too much as it was.

I wonder if/when the prior animated figures are going to hit clearance at Target.  They're definitely hanging in mass abundance everywhere now.   :-\

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2004, 09:47 PM »
maybe they are waiting to see what the reaction is to the second half of this cartoon, or maybe even the dvd sales? maybe they are holding back, so that when the cartoon becomes a regular, weekly half-hour series they can put out an entire line of new figures  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 11:55 AM »
I saw an animated Padme maquette is some site's Toy Fair coverage. I'd love to have a figure of it.

That was Gentle Giant offering that.  They also had an armored Obi-Wan Kenobi.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 02:27 PM »
I am not to sure anymore if Hasbro is going to make these anymore, Galactic Hunter said something about they are already workin on EPIII figures, so I think we already know what we are getting for the rest of 2004, and that is the OT.  And then next year EPIII figures, so.... Time will tell, I hope!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 10:23 AM »
Yakface.com had a blurb saying there might be Wave 3 and 4 in the works...their tip came from a Yak Alumnus (Jimmy?)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 11:01 AM »
This would be exciting.  I could name a ton of characters from the Clone Wars, who could be in Wave 3 and 4.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2004, 04:48 PM »
I'd like to have an Obi-Wan in armor. That would really be sweet.

They should just stick these animated figures in the regular line. Forget exclusivity. Since Hasbro put out the McQuarrie Trooper in the regular line, why not?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2004, 11:14 PM »
I think Obi in Armor and the Snow Padme are musts.  I suppose folks will want toon Grievous too, though he doesn't do it for me.

Durge

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 03:16 AM »
Wave 3
-Padme
-3PO
-R2
-Kit Fisto

Wave 4
-Obi-Wan Armor
-Arc Trooper
-Grievous
-Battle Droid

That would make the line perfect. :)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 10:57 AM »
Here is the wave's I made up, I threw a little more in there, cause probably with the DVD release of the Clone Wars, it would be great to have figures, released for that too, so here is my list:

Wave 3
3x C-3PO
3x R2-D2
3x ARC Trooper
3x Battle Droid

Wave 4
3x Padme Amidala
3x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Trooper Armor)
3x Kit Fisto
3x Saesee Tiin

Wave 5
3x Shaak Ti
3x Aayla Secura
3x Luminara Unduli
3x Barriss Offee

Wave 6
4x Darth Sidious
4x Palpatine
4x General Grievous

Now these would be great! ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2004, 10:59 AM by Mainland05 »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 2, 2004, 08:20 PM »
I just have to have the future waves if they are made! The characters in the show are just to  8)   ;D