Author Topic: ROTS Trailer  (Read 17936 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Trailer
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2005, 12:00 PM »
From univers-one.  Pictures from the trailer.  8)

Trailer card

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2005, 12:03 PM »
I was going frame by frame through parts of the trailer this morning, and at about the 1:18 mark or so, when Obi is surrounded by Grievous, his bodyguards, and all sorts of droids, it really looks like Grievous is ginormous.  Maybe I'm not looking correctly, but the figure facing him that I think to be Grievous looks considerably taller than his bodyguards (of which there looks to be 4 of).  Anyways, just an observation, maybe I'm seeing things wrong though.  Hopefully one of the versions Hasbro releases will be in scale with the film version if that is the case.  Thanks for the link Dale.

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2005, 12:54 PM »
now that was very cool, can't wait for geneal access to the trailer so I can freeze frame it in QT.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2005, 02:22 PM »
Well, I finally got the trailer downloaded off of StarWars.com.  Only problem is, for the life of me, I can't get any audio.  Damn.

Visually, it indeed does look absolutely breathtaking, and gives me a ton of hope for this movie.  So we'll see if that holds true once I see it in the theaters.

In the meantime, anyone know where I can find a transcript for the trailer, with the dialogue in it?  I'd like to at least read what I can't hear...   :-\

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Millenniumfalcon.com had the transcript up.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Try this Matt, I just downloaded it and checked it out, no problems. Good sound and picture.

Mpeg Format 13mb, good condition

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2005, 03:51 PM »
thanky  ;)
much obliged
 :D
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline amarsella

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2005, 07:50 PM »
I was going frame by frame through parts of the trailer this morning, and at about the 1:18 mark or so, when Obi is surrounded by Grievous, his bodyguards, and all sorts of droids, it really looks like Grievous is ginormous.  Maybe I'm not looking correctly, but the figure facing him that I think to be Grievous looks considerably taller than his bodyguards (of which there looks to be 4 of).  Anyways, just an observation, maybe I'm seeing things wrong though.  Hopefully one of the versions Hasbro releases will be in scale with the film version if that is the case.  Thanks for the link Dale.

At 1:26 there's a shot of Obi fighting Grievous next to a ship (Grievous'?). He looks considerably taller than Obi Wan.
Put on your old fur coat, it's 1973

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2005, 08:44 PM »
I caught a tear falling from my cheek the first time I saw Palpy going after Mace and his buddies.  Hope I'm not to geeky to admit that, but it's sad to see the fall of the Jedi and it was so exciting to see how powerful the dark side can really be considering if he wipes all four of those Jedi out in that single scene.  I've been mostly spoiler free thus far so this was a real treat for me.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

SilverZ

« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2005, 03:11 AM »
I love the way Kit jumps back in the clip... sort of  an "oh ****!" reaction.

I went and saw Hostage this afternoon, and ducked into the 4:30 showing of Robots to catch the trailer. The theater was packed, nearly full, with little under-10 kids. They talked and yammered all through the Herbie and Fever Pitch, and then looked to do the same with ROTS -- but once it got past the opening dialog, all of a sudden everything went quiet. The trailer got thier attention. That's a good sign.

Oh, and don't rush out to see Robots if you're just wanting to see the trailer. It's the cropped 1:78:1 version that ran during the OC, not the wider 2:35:1 one that it should be, and as shown on Hyperspace and AOL. Still cool to see it on film though in a theater.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2005, 01:24 PM »
Thanks for the link Dale, first time I've seen it. 

:o
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2005, 03:41 PM »
Anyone seen a "flip book" of the trailer online yet?  I want to get that shot of Anakin w/ the clones behind him.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2005, 07:09 PM »
Well 31 times now seeing the trailer. I rewatched the old Teaser Trailer and man, no suprise here, it seems like a peice of junk now.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2005, 12:31 AM »
Anyone seen a "flip book" of the trailer online yet?  I want to get that shot of Anakin w/ the clones behind him.

<3

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2005, 01:03 AM »
Here's the aerial shot of Anakin and the clones.

http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks