Author Topic: Original Vintage I have found  (Read 2774 times)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
Original Vintage I have found
« on: March 15, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Well, I've been going through my parent's attic getting my old star wars stuff plus other toys I've collected over the years.
I have found my original Falcon, slave 1, tie fighter, death star, numerous figures, Vader carry case, the tatooine and hoth plastic play bases, twin pod cloud car, 12" vader, 3p0, r2, boba fett, plus a couple books, the iron-on book of t-shirt transfers.
Most of it is in decent condition albeit dirty. The falcon is pretty dingy and the top is wapred due to being crammed in the box - yes I still have the box for it and the DS - for almost 20 years!
I doubt it's worth much except for sentimental value. Just wanted to share. I would like to get around to taking some photos of my Grand Old Collection.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Original Vintage I have found
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 11:13 AM »
Wow!  That is a nice find and trip down memory lane for you I would guess.  Congrats.  Yes, pics would be cool.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 11:37 AM »
Thats awesome finding stuff tucked away for along time.  8) Quite the collection it would seem, looking forward to seeing the pictures also.  :)

The iron-on book is pretty neat, I have that book but I am missing a few pages. I think I did some an a t-shirt or two but that was a very long time ago...  ;)

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 01:45 PM »
I hope to get some pics sometime soon once I get a new digital camera I have on order.
I'd like to send it to steve sansweet via the SW Insider mag and see what they think too. 
thanks for replying guys  ;)
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 01:18 AM »
That's a pretty cool sounding collection.  That must have totally made your week to find that stuff again!

I doubt it's worth much except for sentimental value.

I know where you're coming from.  I've still got all of my SW stuff from when I was a kid, and wouldn't sell it for anything.  It's all so beat up, it'd never sell anyway, but that's why I love it.  Because it takes me back to being a kid.   8)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 03:08 PM »
Yep... I have a vintage Ewok Village box still in good condition.  Surprised it didn't get thrown away 22 years ago.  It's still in my parents basement.  It was used to store a broken VCR!   ;)

:P

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 04:49 PM »
All of my vintage playsets and vehicles are in my parents' basement.  I removed the batteries a long time ago and have none of the boxes, but all the foam for the Death Star and on the Dagobah playsets are still in great condition!

I go and check out all the stuff when I go home on leave.  ;D
This is the way.

I have spoken.