Author Topic: Basic figures $7.99 at Target?  (Read 6567 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Basic figures $7.99 at Target?
« on: March 29, 2005, 10:21 AM »
Ok - so I went into a Target this morning on the way into work to see if I could repeat my success last night and use my "Jedi Mind Trick" to get an employee to bring stuff out when they shouldn't.

It worked last night with the Deluxe figures so why not this morning in a different store for the Collection 2 stuff?

Well - while I was waiting for the person to return from the stock-room (albeit empty handed) - I noticed that they had new pegs up that were labelled simply: "SW Figure" - the price was $7.99 and the DPCI was 087-06-1283....

Jeff - does your contact at Target know anything about this? Is this a special DPCI number for the new figures for April 2nd only and then they'll return to the $5.99 price?

I just got my $1 off coupon in the mail yesterday and I would prefer that it help me bring the figures down from $5.99 to $4.99, but I'm NOT going to buy them at Target if it means brining the price down from $7.99 to $6.99 - screw that **** - I'll go get them over at TRU for $5.99!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Basic figures $7.99 at Target?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 10:31 AM »
I believe that the "SW Figure" listed under DPCI "087-06-1283" is for the Jedi Force figures.

The Ep3 basic figures should be under:
Collection 1 = 087-06-1263
Collection 2 = 087-06-1328

I'll send a note to my inside guy and see if he can confirm that, but for right now I've heard nothing about a $7.99 for basic figures at Target...  :-\

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 10:34 AM »
I believe that the "SW Figure" listed under DPCI "087-06-1283" is for the Jedi Force figures.

The Ep3 basic figures should be under:
Collection 1 = 087-06-1263
Collection 2 = 087-06-1328

I'll send a note to my inside guy and see if he can confirm that, but for right now I've heard nothing about a $7.99 for basic figures at Target...  :-\

Jeff

Ok - cool - thanks for checking into it...

Unfortunately I was at a Target where the price scanners don't let you type in numbers - otherwise I would have done some more investigating while I was there.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 01:59 PM »
Hey Pete,

I heard back from my Target Contact and the #087-06-1283 is definately for the Jedi Force figures, not the Ep3 basic figures.

Both of the Basic Figure DPCIs are scanning at $5.99 today...

:)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 02:04 PM »
I found a few leaked ROTS figures at my local Target yesterday, and was about to just leave them there since all of the peg tags read $7.99, but I fortunately scanned them just to make sure, and was happy to find out that they were in the system at only $5.99, under what I thought was the exact same 087061263 Target DCPI # as the one on the peg tags.  I'll have to double check that though, to make sure I didn't mix up the 6 with an 8.  But considering that pretty much all 14 or so pegs were under that same #, I figured that must be for the standard 4" line of figure.  Anyway, sounds like something's definitely screwy, but at least for the time being, they're ringing up correctly.

I can only assume that the peg tags are wrong, 'cause Target wouldn't have a snowball's chance in hell to compete with TRU and WM if they jacked their figure prices up that high.  I really hope they're not that stupid, 'cause I prefer to do the vast majority of my SW shopping at the Targets 'round here...
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 02:07 PM by JediMAC »

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 05:20 PM »
In my neck of the woods, NC, target and walmart are about a $1 cheaper than TRU which is why I'm not going there. I plan to hit walmart friday night.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Target - home of the Walmart Prices
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 05:19 PM »
All the Targets in my area have reduced their basic figure prices to $5.24... this could mean a price cut by Walmart to stay lower.

:P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Basic figures $7.99 at Target? Now $5.24!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 05:42 PM »
I heard rumblings of this in the SoCal thread yesterday, but wasn't sure if it was isolated stores or what, since all the Targets I hit on Tuesday were back up to their original full $5.99 prices.  But I went out at lunch today, and sure enough, those same stores dropped their prices down to $5.24, to match Walmarts, just in the last day or two.  That's a big relief!  Thank god it looks like this is going to be the going price here on out.  I can stomach that.  8)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2005, 10:11 PM »
$5.24 at my local target too.

And one of my Walmarts is $4.94 - but not many of them are like that.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2005, 10:22 PM »

I double checked the Wal Mart by me that had the $4.94 figures and it was only Collection 1.  I went to the little Price Checker and no doubt, Coll 1 was $4.94, but Coll 2 was still regular price.

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2005, 10:35 PM »
Check for my Target as well. Didn't see any discount signs Waldo's, but I didn' t think to scan one either...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2005, 11:59 PM »

I double checked the Wal Mart by me that had the $4.94 figures and it was only Collection 1.  I went to the little Price Checker and no doubt, Coll 1 was $4.94, but Coll 2 was still regular price.

That makes even less sense than a small number of Walmarts charging less than others...

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2005, 01:27 AM »
Last week one of my nearby WM had figures for $4.75, but the other WM still had them for the $5.24. There was some sign that had that price and something about Hasbro's low price or something. Haven't been back there this week, so I'm not sure if they still have that price.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2005, 09:07 AM »
I was wondering if Wal-Mart would drop their prices as well, as Targets here in town are at $5.24 each as well.  I would sooner give my money to Target than Wal-Mart anyways, and if they are the same price, that's all the more reason :).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 10:15 AM »
On a related pricing issue, I noticed today while looking through the product Amazon.com had, it looks like they have raised their prices back up on basic figures (they were $5.29), and they have divided them up.  They don't have a whole lot of basic figures in stock, but the ones that they do, it looks like Collection 1 figures are $5.99, and Collection 2 are $6.99.  I thought it was interesting to see a price difference between Collections 1 and 2.