Author Topic: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target  (Read 39235 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2005 Red Metallic Darth Vader @ Target
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2005, 11:38 AM »
I'll buy it, but i wish it was a Royal Guard  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2005, 11:50 AM »
The idea of Vader in Red an Kahki is hillarious, but he should also come with a name tag that say's Anakin on it. I might buy a couple extra's to make that custom. That would be funny as hell.

Any one find out the UPC code for it and I will get the DPCI # from the store that I work at and let people know what the code is to get those bums to tell you where they have it in stock.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2005, 12:11 PM »
I am almost positive that it will be a promo item tied into April 2nd to get you to go to Target instead of TRU/Wal-Mart.  It should end up being just like the TRU Silver Figures were where you buy $x.xx amount of product and you get one for free.

No specifics yet on how much you have to spend to get one or what the limit will be though... more details should arrive shortly.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2005, 01:05 PM »
I am almost positive that it will be a promo item tied into April 2nd to get you to go to Target instead of TRU/Wal-Mart.  It should end up being just like the TRU Silver Figures were where you buy $x.xx amount of product and you get one for free.
Jeff

You've got to admit, that's a pretty smart move on Target's part.  Who wouldn't want something for free when they're going to be spending their money anyway? 

But if they want to really compete, they'd better get their prices closer to Wal-Mart's, because one free figure won't make up the $$ difference if you're buying, say, 20 figures.  (not that it'll be a factor for me, seeing as how we're not blessed with Targets in Canada - when I visited Arizona, I was really impressed buy how much more organized it was compared to most Wal-Marts I've been in.  Granted, that was only one Target, but it sure created a good first impression for me.)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2005, 01:09 PM »
At the moment, all signs point to a price drop back to $5.99 for the Ep3 figures...

When you do a DPCI look-up on the Ep3 figures in Target system, they show a $5.99 price as well as that being listed at $5.99 in the early Toy Fair materials being distributed this week.  I think it's safe to say that the $7 thing is temporary... unfortuntaely we won't for sure until the day of most likely.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2005, 04:36 PM »
I did hear that Target was going to have 'something special' planned for their RotS customers (April 2nd only) I suppose that could be this. :)

8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2005, 06:39 PM »
At the moment, all signs point to a price drop back to $5.99 for the Ep3 figures...

When you do a DPCI look-up on the Ep3 figures in Target system, they show a $5.99 price as well as that being listed at $5.99 in the early Toy Fair materials being distributed this week.  I think it's safe to say that the $7 thing is temporary... unfortuntaely we won't for sure until the day of most likely.

Jeff

I was just mentioning this elsewhere too Jeff...  The price spike by TRU and Target's nothing new really when prices fluctuate.  When it dropped to $4.99 I recall bothc ompanies NOT complying immediately, and WM sorta forced it on them.

Same things happened when E1 stuff went up and then down during POTJ...  When POTJ went down I recall not everyone going down to the SRP that Hasbro set, except Wal-Mart who weren't getting a TON of POTJ in yet because of E1 gluts. 

Target and TRU are just spiking price to make an extra $1 leading into a highly competitive time between retailers.  If they're $5.99 at Target that's where I'll likely go, or TRU.  WM will be a madhouse...  Unless I don't feel like driving the distance, I'll probably make for another store.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2005, 09:15 PM »
If they're $5.99 at Target that's where I'll likely go, or TRU.  WM will be a madhouse...  Unless I don't feel like driving the distance, I'll probably make for another store.

These days, I seem to try to avoid Wal-Mart if I can.  More and more of their stores are **** holes that I can't stand to be in.  I've only ever been in one Target, but it impressed me.  Was this just a fluke, or do others feel this way too? 

And besides, Wal-Mart is such a crushing force on competition that I'm almost starting to feel guilty going there.  Seems kinda silly, but true.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2005, 09:21 PM »
I did hear that Target was going to have 'something special' planned for their RotS customers (April 2nd only) I suppose that could be this. :)

8)

Rumor has it that Wal*Mart is going to have somthing with all the charachters, for photos.

Who knows!

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2005, 09:27 PM »
These days, I seem to try to avoid Wal-Mart if I can.  More and more of their stores are **** holes that I can't stand to be in.  I've only ever been in one Target, but it impressed me.  Was this just a fluke, or do others feel this way too?

HUGE ditto.  Walmart = total disgusting ****hole, at least everyone of them around here.  The Targets don't even compare.  They're lightyears above and beyond the local WMs in every way, shape, and form.  100x cleaner, nicer, more organized, safer, more upscale, better stocked, etc.  I do probably 90% of my figure shopping at Targets.  WMs tend to scare me...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2005, 09:31 PM »
I'll agree with Jesse and Matt regarding Walmart.  Target is vastly superior (thank you sensible Minnesota).  I live about 2.5 hours from one and the Walmart down the block from it is a hole.  I can't really complain about most of the Wally's around here, there actually reasonably clean, if not incredibly poorly stocked.  But then so is Zellers and TRU.  Basically the Canadian toy shopping experience roughly equates to buy it when you see it, cuz you ain't gonna see it again ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2005, 09:41 PM »
Basically the Canadian toy shopping experience roughly equates to buy it when you see it, cuz you ain't gonna see it again ::)

Oh man, ain't that the truth.  I wish there was a vastly better alternative to Wal-Mart, but the closest thing would be TRU, certainly not Zellers - it could quite possibly be an even deeper ****hole.  Mine still has Episode 1 figures on the shelves!!!   ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2005, 09:50 PM »
I've got a choice of six, so I manage.  One of the Zellers is actually pretty good.  Sadly the one close to my place houses a complete scalper.  Every box coming out of the store room is cracked prior to being stocked, if it has anything of superior value - treasure hunts, sports pick variants, HTF LOTR figures, etc.  Quite a pain in the ass. 

Actually, because my job allows me to travel around the province a bit, I get to hit up 9 Walmarts (plus an extra on occasion), 7 Zellers, 2 TRU and 8 Superstores.  I shop too much, but have pretty good luck for the effort. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2005, 08:51 AM »
I agree with what many others have said here, I greatly prefer Target to Wal-Mart.  Wal-Mart, unfortunately, seems to sometimes be a "necessary evil".  I hate going there, always end up leaving frustrated and/or angry, but its just so darn convenient and cheap sometimes that we go there quite a bit (mainly for groceries, etc.).  My wife and I are big fans of Target, all of their merchandise really, and do much of our shopping there.  The Targets I have been in have always been clean, organized, and well taken care of.  Plus, Target really knows how to clearance things.  They don't just drop it $5 and let it sit for a year (like other places), they keep dropping it and dropping it in many cases.  Good deals to be had sometimes.  Anyways...put me in the boat of Target over Wal-Mart 10 times out of 10.  Although, when it comes down to it, whoever carries the figures better seems to get my money :)...but I'd rather be forking that money over to Target.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2005, 09:03 AM »
I have no choice, it's Wal*Mart for me.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...