Author Topic: Target Figure with Cup Sets  (Read 40951 times)

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
Re: Target Figure with Cup Sets
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2005, 09:31 AM »
The clone with the cup is clone #6.  All clones #6 come with two removable shoulder pads, one white, one with the imperial logo and with a permanently attached one on the right shoulder.  Even AT-TE gunner has it.  If you remove his shoulder pad, there is an imperial logo there.  If your clones are in package still, look down in the package, the extra shoulder pad is behind the picture of the clone.

Some goober at Yakface reported this as an actual variant.  I tried to correct him but he didn't want to hear about it. :-\
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 08:30 PM by Gatillo »
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • CLICK HERE TO GET A COLLECTION VERY CHEAP
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2005, 02:58 PM »
Yeh you can see on the pads and the actual shoulder withoutpads there is no logo the # 6 clone I have. But there is a logo on the one i have that came with the cup from target.
CHECK OUT MY WEB SITE TO VIEW AND BUY MY COLLECTION !

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2005, 05:31 PM »
But my point is that it is NOT a variant.  #6 clone does have the imperial logo on the loose shoulder pad on the bottom of the package.  Trust me, I have 10+ of these.

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2005, 07:59 PM »
Lol ok i trust you . but trust me mine has no imperial logo on it on either of the pads  or arm. its just white I can see the 2 pads easy ...  i didnt even think of it as a variant i just was wondering how many are like this or if mine is some junk screw up lol .
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 08:02 PM by CuDa033 »

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2005, 08:29 PM »
When I 1st heard of it, I was sure mine didn't have an imperial logo.  But I only had 1 #6 and didn't want to open it.  I could not see the second shoulder pad on the bubble, it is around the figure's right foot and I could not tell if it had the logo or not.  I could see that the 1st one, around the trooper's knee, was white.  The moment I found another #6, I opened that bad boy and realize that the trooper has 3 shoulder pads (I permanently on right shoulder and 2 for the left one.)

Maybe yours doesn't have the logo, I can only see the side of the lower pad in mine so that was why I was surprised at your claim. :P

I don't even know why I am surprise that you have two loose shoulder pads that are white, Hasbro has made so many mistakes with the ROTS figs, that it was bound to happen. ::)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2005, 08:33 PM by Gatillo »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2005, 08:42 AM »
I was able to pick up 2 out of 3 of the new cup sets this weekend at Target.  Our local store had 1 each of Han and Yoda, so I was happy to find/pick them up.  Less than thrilled with the $12.99 pricepoint though.  I must have missed the Fett, so hopefully they continue to ship.  They did have another Clone cup on the shelf as well, so maybe they are shipping with more of those (the clone cup wasn't there before).

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2005, 11:24 AM »
Just to aid in the Off-Topic discusion, the #6 clone and the Clone cup set (as well as the extra clone that comes with the Khol's At-Rt,) are all the same and all come with the same accessories, blaster, rifel, and two shoulder pads, one with a logo, one without.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Commander CuDa

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2005, 11:34 AM »
Last night on my trip to get some food ( at wally world ) i ran back to the toys of course and found 1 more #6 clone and a vader 11 . This is the first time i seen a vader in my town lol anyways getting back to the clone the #6 i got last night does have a logo but my other #6 i was talking about before has no logo. I think it kinda sucks cause it looks better with the logo to me . I can see the logo on the one i got last night for sure its on the pad that is on the inner part of the box there are 2 of them the one on the lower part has the logo. again it sucks my other one is missing one maybe it will become a repaint lol for the slave i repaint im doing lol . O yeh the clone i have in the target glass set thing ... it has the logo i always seen that one incase somone missunderstood me before.

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Scored the three new cups at my local Target today, and had the same issue others seem to have had where they won't ring up. Stood around for a good ten minutes while they tried to figure out how to scan them, and eventually someone came through with a DPCI over the walkie talkie that allowed them to ring up...at $4.79!

Much easier to stomach these things at five bucks a pop than thirteen!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2005, 08:36 PM »
I have all of these guys now too. Fortuantely, I didn't pay full price for these either.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2005, 09:17 AM »
I checked all the Targets this weekend, but still couldn't find the Boba cup.  I hope these keep shipping, otherwise I might have to head to ebay to see if I can pick up that last set.  I only saw one of the "new" cups, a Han, and otherwise I think I saw about 10 Obi-Wan cup sets.  That was about it.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2005, 10:09 AM »
Those who have not picked up the cups yet don't expect too much from Hasbro on them. The figures are repacks of older figures...

Han - The same Cantina figure that has been released 5 or 6 times.
Boba Fett - Quick draw action from the Pit of Carkoo figure.
Yoda - Same as the FLASHBACK slide from the POTF2 set prior to Phantom Menace figures being released.

The cups are nice, but the figures are yet another way of pushing old figures they have sitting around out on the public.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2005, 10:57 AM »
Is anyone still seeing the "new" wave show up at Target?  I found the remnants (Han/Yoda) a couple of weeks back, but otherwise I haven't seen any cup sets aside from the first wave Obi-Wan set.  I'd like to pick up the Fett one, but have been putting off checking ebay hoping that these will show again at retail.  Just curious if anyone is still seeing this ship/show up at retail.

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2005, 11:04 AM »
Is anyone still seeing the "new" wave show up at Target?  I found the remnants (Han/Yoda) a couple of weeks back, but otherwise I haven't seen any cup sets aside from the first wave Obi-Wan set.  I'd like to pick up the Fett one, but have been putting off checking ebay hoping that these will show again at retail.  Just curious if anyone is still seeing this ship/show up at retail.

I've seen these Target Cup sets several times over the past 2 weeks (most recently this past weekend).  I just started seeing these sets by me a couple of weeks ago.
The Han and Yodas sit much longer than the Fetts, but I was able to pick up 2 Fetts (1 for me, 1 for my friend) relatively easily.  I'd wait a bit before going to eBay, unless you can get it for $15 shipped, it's worth just checking your Target a lot.
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2005, 01:30 PM »
I too was able to get these for less than $12.99 each - and since I bought two complete sets, it was a great savings.

They weren't scanning at the register and the clerk said "do you know how much these were?" to which I replied "$6.99"  ;D

She then proceeded to punch in a DPCI number that was all 9's and entered in the price of $6.99 for them! Much more appealing to get them for that price and save $36 on the total purchase!
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!