Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 211426 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Snow!
« Reply #360 on: May 11, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Pretty futching miserable here right now.  Here's the current forecast:

Weather Warning for the City of Winnipeg and surrounding area:  High 3. Snow accumulations of 5-10 cm. Risk of a thunderstorm and freezing rain.  High winds gusting to 50 KMH are expected this afternoon with accompanying high windchills.

BTW, there's about 2 inches already.  Roads are still wet thankfully.  Hope it stays that way until I head home.  

:'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 11, 2004, 11:26 AM »
Yuck! Hopefully the roads are not that bad when you get off work. Strange weather we are getting.  :-\

Slowly warming up here but not by much, a high 9°C today. Hold me back! Thursday, a chance of flurries.   >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 11, 2004, 11:46 PM »
Lots of highways closed now.  10" of snow with another couple forecast for tonight.  Add to that some freezing rain.  

Oh, Canada.... ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 12, 2004, 08:44 AM »
Looks like Calgary & towards the south got nailed with the white stuff & more to come.

Your forecast doesn't look good one bit.

Today .. Rain or freezing rain mixed with ice pellets changing to snow this afternoon. Rainfall amount 5 to 10 mm. Snowfall amount 2 to 5 cm. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. High 2.

Ice pellets, why not just call it small hail stones!

Were in the clear for now so hopefully the nicer weather heads your way.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #364 on: May 12, 2004, 10:28 AM »
It was almost 80 here yesterday and it was snowing up near Brent and most of North Dakota...surprised we didn't get nailed with some tornadic activity with that big of a temperature gradient

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 13, 2004, 10:08 AM »
We had a bit of snow last night. Melting as of right now. Brent got the major snow dump according to the paper.

Manitoba Mayday!

WINNIPEG -- They don't call it Winterpeg for nothing. Between Tuesday and yesterday, Winnipeg broke a 37-year-old record for snowfall in a 24-hour period in May. Unofficially, the storm dumped 21.8 cm at the measuring station at Winnipeg International Airport, besting the previous record of 21.1 cm set on May 1, 1967.

By noon yesterday the airport had received 31 cm of snow in less than two days, said Environment Canada meteorologist Jay Anderson.

The snow wreaked havoc with motorists, particularly anyone who needed to travel outside Winnipeg. The Trans-Canada Highway west from Headingley to Virden remained closed until this morning at the earliest, creating a line of parked semi-trailer drivers nearly five kilometres long

Yep, a good day to stay home.  ;)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #366 on: July 6, 2004, 04:02 PM »
I swear it was close to snowing up north this weekend.  Lows were in the lower 40's  It was nice because the bugs weren't too bad but it also has been the weirdest Summer I can ever remember here in Minnesota.  I don't think it's been above 90 yet and there was frost in a couple of spots up north in June.  More proof of global warming ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 9, 2004, 09:19 PM »
Yeah, it's a little early and all, but damn, it is cold here.  I had to turn the bloody furnace on :'(  Just ridiculous.  Like Scott said, weirdest summer I can remember.  The weather statistics say the coldest summer on record for us up here.  

Had frost in April (normal), May (normal), June (not), and if this keeps up, August (not).  July was our only reasonably warm month and we've only had two nights where it stayed above 70 F all summer.  

Forecast low for tonight is 45 F :o :-\ :'( >:(

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 9, 2004, 09:26 PM »
I guess we got the good end of that deal. Until today it was only in the lower 80s with little humidity, almost fall like.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 9, 2004, 09:34 PM »
Heh, we've been in the high 90's and reached over 100 several times last week.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 19, 2004, 11:14 PM »
Ice pellets fell yesterday.  Frost forecast for tonight.  Currently 2 C outside, that's about 36 F :'(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #371 on: August 20, 2004, 12:16 AM »
Yeah I was going to bump this this morning, saw in the paper parts of Northern Minn were below freezing last night...some of my Maples have started turning color already ::)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 20, 2004, 11:16 AM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 20, 2004, 11:55 AM »
Ice pellets fell yesterday.  Frost forecast for tonight.  Currently 2 C outside, that's about 36 F :'(

Nothing here so far but nice weather, getting alittle cool at night, lows down to 4.  :-\

My backpacking trip in the end of Sept will be cold.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 8, 2004, 09:19 AM »
 :'(

Tonight .. Rain changing to snow overnight. Rainfall amount 10 mm. Wind northeast 20 km/h. Low 1.

Thursday .. Cloudy. 70 percent chance of flurries or rain showers in the morning. Wind becoming east 20 km/h in the afternoon. High 6.

T-Minus 2 1/2 weeks to backpacking!  :-\