Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 211772 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Snow!
« Reply #435 on: December 19, 2004, 12:24 AM »
Damn, more freezing rain!  >:(

Suppose to get cooler during the week & we will be getting some more snow. Looks like it's staying around but next Saturday, a high of 5°C & a 60% chance of light rain!  :-\

We have been above normal temperatures for this season, yesterday it was 6.8°C.  :o   
It was nice to walk around without a jacket at this time of yr.  8)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 19, 2004, 12:27 AM »
Edmonton *****.

Not snow, though it is present and accounted for and coming again in two days ::), rather cold.

We got home from Hawaii to be pleasantly surprised with a temperature of -4 C (about 24-26 F).  Stayed nice for two days then wham!  It is -30 C outside with the windchill making it like -39 C (or -39 F, not much difference at that temp).  Not a big surprise, just overly unpleasant after experiencing 70-85F temps for a week and change (though Hawaiians were freezing their asses off, Lanai City got down to 64 F).  The weird part is this: tomorrow - cold again, then Monday up to -1 C (30 F) for a day with snow.  The high the following day?  -22 C with lows in the minus 30's.  Holy frigging yo-yo batman.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: December 19, 2004, 12:36 AM »
Well I guess they don't call it Winterpeg for nothing!  :P

Yep, very strange weather patterns up here, a roller coaster ride from day to day.  :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 19, 2004, 02:39 AM »
We've got a bit of a yo-yo going on here too.  +2C on Friday, -11C on Saturday, then calling for +6C on Sunday.  Bizarre.  I actually don't want it to be +6C, I don't want to lose our snow!  It needs to be here for Christmas.  :-[

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: December 19, 2004, 10:16 AM »
Arctic weather has finally arrived in the south. Today we have a cold front coming through that will produce temetures in the teens with wind chills approaching zero. We can also expect some snow flurries this evening. I can't wait for the first real snow...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #440 on: December 19, 2004, 10:35 AM »
No sign of snow in Alabama yet...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: December 19, 2004, 10:41 AM »
Extreme northeastern Alabama had flurries around 1 hour ago. Sadly, I don't think it'll make it that far south, Brad.

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: December 19, 2004, 11:16 AM »
It's supposed to be snowing, at least that's what the NOAA site says, but no flurries as of yet. I need to go out and rent the last two movies in that one trilogy. I think it was from George Lucas. Rented the first one last night.  ;)
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #443 on: December 19, 2004, 11:20 AM »
Extreme northeastern Alabama had flurries around 1 hour ago. Sadly, I don't think it'll make it that far south, Brad.

>:(

It's 40 something out here, but it's supposed to get down into the teens tonight.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: December 19, 2004, 12:37 PM »
Same here, but the snow is 10 miles north right now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: December 19, 2004, 02:25 PM »
Holy ****! You have to be kidding me! The wind just picked up like crazy & a storm is coming in. I quickly checked the forecast and... :-\

Today .. Cloudy with sunny periods. A few showers this afternoon. Risk of a thunderstorm. Wind becoming west 60 km/h gusting to 100 this afternoon then diminishing to 40 gusting to 60 thereafter.

Risk of thunderstorms!  :o

Whoa!  It's now hailing!  :o  This is nuts!  :-\

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: December 19, 2004, 03:25 PM »
Wacky for you, consistent for us.  Winds at a nice steady 40 KMH (about 25 mph) and around -18 C or so (0 F) and yes indeedy, it is snowing ::)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: December 20, 2004, 08:51 AM »
That was a nice drive home. Not!  >:(

The winds still howling & the snow is drifting. -14°C right now & blooding cold, windchill: -24. Had a hell of a time just walikng down the parking lot at our complex. Mounds of snow & in the yard, bah. Had a hard time getting the gate open as it was piled up & then truck through it & grab the shovel so I could get to the door which was just plasterd in white crap!  >:(

What ever happened to sunny Alberta?  :-\

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: December 20, 2004, 10:25 AM »
Went down to 11 at my place last night. Wind chills were below zero and we had a few flurries.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: December 20, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Beautiful day right now, heading for a high of 3 C (about 38 F) then right back down to -30 C overnight with windchills in the -40 range (Celsius, Farenheit, it's all the same - cold). 

Great drive in today after the freezing rain.  Wasn't too bad until it was light enough to actually see what I was driving on :o