Author Topic: How's the weather?  (Read 209254 times)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Snow!
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2004, 03:07 PM »
but not as gold as New England the last few weeks

Not even close to gold  :-* here.  F***ing freezing is more like it.  Single digits (F) for a high with wind chills off about -20.  Your car doesn't want to start in the morning, your snot and boogers freeze up instantly (check out pics of Jeff Fisher from last weeks Pats-Titans game to get a glimpse of what its like).  I can deal with cold weather but this is ridiculous.  It's supposed to warm up by Saturday with highs in the low 30s.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 15, 2004, 04:02 PM »
-12 C would be nice.  I would stop wearing a jacket it would be so warm :P  We'll realistically hit around -15 in spite of what they indicate.  Snowing.  Snowed yesterday (about 3 inches).  Snowed three days ago, about 4 inches.  Snow in the forecast for tomorrow, about 3 more inches.  Supposed to be bloody warm though, around -5C (mid 20s F).  Cold again for the weekend though.  Great weather.

I'll have to snag a pic of my driveway to show you guys the snow.  Compared to the dumps you New Englanders get, it's probably nothing but this sh1t isn't going away for another 2-3 months.  It just doesn't melt here.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 15, 2004, 04:18 PM »
Silly rabbits. Right now here its 3 below, with a weather advisory for extreme cold and dangerous wind chill. Gusts make it feel like its -35 to -40.

Yeah coldness.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2004, 04:24 PM »
We had like 26" in November and December if I remember the news the other night, since mid December though most of it has melted and it hasn't snowed at all...sounds like it is staying north

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2004, 05:07 PM »
I used to go down to Minneapolis quite a bit for T'wolves games and I don't think I was ever there when there was snow on the ground.  At least not large amounts.  It is pretty wild though, somewhere along I-94 you hit the point where it doesn't go away.  I think they call that Fargo :P

We get snow and it sits.  And sits.  And sits.  The record for continuous snow on the ground is from some time in October until May.  Right around 200 straight days.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2004, 06:04 PM »
Brrrrrrrr!  It's cold!  It's about 11 degrees F here, and we got around 6-8 inches of snow overnight.  It's supposed to go down to -25 with the wind chill tonight.  This stinks and I don't like it!  Why don't I move to California?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2004, 06:27 PM »
Why don't I move to California?

being in jersey myself, i said the same thing this morning, as i was walking in the 8 inches of snow. but then i thought about it, and said to myself, it's better to have to deal with the possibility of snow for like 5 months out of the year than to deal with the possibility of an earthquake 12 months out of the year, no?  earthquakes are bad... i'm sure i'd get real tired of setting up all my figures every time another one hit ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2004, 06:51 PM »
being in jersey myself, i said the same thing this morning, as i was walking in the 8 inches of snow. but then i thought about it, and said to myself, it's better to have to deal with the possibility of snow for like 5 months out of the year than to deal with the possibility of an earthquake 12 months out of the year, no?  earthquakes are bad... i'm sure i'd get real tired of setting up all my figures every time another one hit ;D

LMAOROFL! I have no idea why I find that humorous, but I do.

Kevin

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2004, 07:34 PM »
I think I'm the only one is America(Canada and Mexico included)that wants it to get cold.I want some friken snow!!!!We're 0-2 in school closings this year,it wouldn't be right if me and my friends didn't kill each other with snowballs,or get to gloat over how correct I was about the severity of the winter weather(that part right there has made my credibility go down 10%  :-[)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2004, 11:03 PM »
We got well over 8 inches of snow last night, driving home from work was an absolute nightmare.  Today, it's just extremely COLD!!  

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2004, 10:12 AM »
School was canceled for me today, due to the extreme cold.

Hell yeah 4 day weekend.

Kevin

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2004, 12:08 PM »
Damn.  Kids are wusses today ;)

What, a whopping -40 windchill?  Big whoop, we hit -46 a week or two ago and no cancellations at all but for the outdoor hockey games.  Still people out skating.  

Why I remember walking to school in -80 K with howling winds, 8 foot snowdrifts and uphill.  Both ways. :-*

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2004, 12:33 PM »
Why I remember walking to school in -80 K with howling winds, 8 foot snowdrifts and uphill.  Both ways. :-*

Ok, Grandpa Morgbug. ;)

Kevin

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2004, 12:39 PM »
Wow, it feels almost tropical out today.  A whopping 15 degrees F.   ;)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2004, 03:16 PM »

-80 K ???

Dang THAT's cold.  You're made up of some pretty resilient molecules Morgbug...  I usually stop moving all together at 0 Kelvin.

Jeff
 ;) :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender