Author Topic: THANK YOU for using REAL NAMES!  (Read 10213 times)

Jango Fettish

THANK YOU for using REAL NAMES!
« on: March 22, 2003, 08:19 PM »
I just wanted to say, I truely appreciate you guys referring to me BY NAME. So many other sites make it seem so taboo to refer to others by their given names, you know?

As fruity as it may seem, I just like the level of camaraderie
on this site. Thats going to prove to be a strong, strong quality of JD, aside from the friendliness and professionalism, thats going to do alot of great things for the site, as well as pull some quality members to the forums.

So, thanks again, and by the way..my name is Cory.  ;D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: THANK YOU for using REAL NAMES!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 08:24 PM »
That was one of the first things I noticed here! As soon as I started posting, people were saying "Welcome Adam!" I was honestly suprised that a lot of these people even knew my name! Its great to see you over here Cory, looks like we are well on the way to building one heck of a group!
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 08:31 PM »
Your very Welcome Cory & Adam.   :)
We try to get to know members by there name. IMO, it's alot better than going by there user name. Sort of a big happy band of Defenders here.  ;)

Have a blast & enjoy the site.

Dale.  ;)

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 08:33 PM »
It is a dream come true to hear that you guys are so happy with the way we run JediDefender. The things that you love the most about us, are what we are based on. My first news post at JediDefender stated our mission: Community and Content. Our philosophy has proven to work very well and we are greatful to have you. I look forward to to the coming weeks and months as we continue to expand and grow.

Thanks to all! :)

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 08:45 PM »
Feel free to call me Michael or Mike. :)

Now comes the task of learning and, more importantly, remembering, all of your real names.

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 09:27 PM »
I like to think of this forum as a place where friends hang out and discuss a hobby which we all enjoy,after all thats what its all about to me.I dont get chances to get online much anymore so when I do I dont want to be wading in a cesspool full of flame wars and post padders.

I go to forums for the benefit of my hobby and not to argue with others about pointless and lame subjects.I think the help and discussion that this group of people bring to the table is right up my alley.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 09:28 PM by CyberScout »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2003, 09:55 PM »
I'm usually afraid to use real names, in fear of accidentaly using the wrong name. For example =

Feel free to call me Michael or Mike. :)

Please excuse me for calling you Micheal all this time. :)

Anywho, I'm Brad.  8)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2003, 10:03 PM »
Yes, JediDefender is basically like Cheers, where everybody knows your name...   :)

Well, forum names are fun to have and often quite clever in the ways of SW, but yes - I much prefer using everybody's real name when I feel I'm familiar enough with them to do so.  Much more personal that way...

I'd like it to seem like JediDefender is a place where we're all just hangin' out together, buddies just shootin' the sh...well, you know what I mean.  I want to really get to KNOW my fellow JD forum members as friends, and not just as some random forum user telling me about his/her favorite color...  That's one of the primary reasons why I spend time in these forums - not just to let others know what I think about things Star Wars or otherwise, but to actually make friends, good friends at that.

So with that in mind, I just wanted to say "hey" to some of my good buddies here at JD:  Chris, Thomas, Scott, Brad, Dale, Chris R., Adam, Jared, Brent, David, Cory, Jim, Wayne, John L., Jesse, Mike, Matthew, John B., and of course you too Michael!   ;)  That goes for everyone else who I've failed to mention here as well...  Glad to have such a good group of buddies here at JD!  I look forward to making many more good friends in the future here as well...   :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 10:26 PM by JediMAC »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2003, 11:27 PM »
Chris Rhoads is the name I represent.
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2003, 05:13 PM »
It is nice to get to know some people on a first name basis. It adds a better feel to the group. More like an online friend than just an id.

For those who don't know mine yet.  Its Wayne
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2003, 09:23 PM »
Hey all. If we want to do the name thing, I suggest putting your name in your sig, so after every post u make, your name is always there, ya know?  ;D

I am James BTW. I've been posting at SCUM and some people told me to come over and check these boards out, and they seem very nice :)
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2003, 09:26 PM »
Hey all. If we want to do the name thing, I suggest putting your name in your sig, so after every post u make, your name is always there, ya know?  ;D

Just out of curiosity how come your name isn't in your signature then?  Hmmmm?????

;)
dustrho

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2003, 10:44 PM »
cause i had just signed up for these forums and made the post before i could enter my profile info.  :-\
James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2003, 11:40 PM »
That's an awesome idea, James, I'm now adding my name to my sig (it used to be in my name).  ;)

Jango Fettish

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2003, 11:46 PM »
Very good idea. I'll follow.