Author Topic: "Call Upon" Yoda  (Read 1508 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
"Call Upon" Yoda
« on: May 6, 2005, 03:52 PM »
Has anyone picked up this larger, possibly better, "talking" Yoda from the ROTS line?  I have seen a few while out perusing the action figure aisles, but I've never really taken a closer look at it.  From what I understand, he really says quite a lot...and even summarizes the Saga to some extent (spoilers present at this point) :).  I picked up the "Ask Yoda" version that came out during AOTC (and was repackaged for the OTC as well), but from what I've seen this new version is bigger...and possibly better.  Not sure if it is something I "need", particularly with the $30 pricetag, but I was wondering if any of you have picked it up...and if so, what you think of it?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: "Call Upon" Yoda
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2005, 04:08 PM »
I picked him up on April 2nd, and played with him for about, oh... 15 minutes. Now he just sits on my desk.

It's actually a very cool toy, but I tried to listen to one of the "stories" about one of the films (ESB maybe?) and it just kept on going and going... didn't seem like it was going to stop. My girlfriend and I took turns asking questions and getting answers from Yoda, which was fun... at least for a few minutes.

I never bought the first Yoda, so I can't compare it to that one.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2005, 06:30 PM »
I've seen this yoda at retail, but have not had the desire to purchase it.

I have the Yoda Furby from Episode 1 and thought that was a pretty cool toy though.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Padawan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2005, 07:29 PM »
I have it.  I mainly bought it because I was just so impressed with how much he can say.  Other than the hair, he is actually quite the nice figure.