Author Topic: New Review: Feltipern Trevagg  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New Review: Feltipern Trevagg
« on: May 12, 2005, 04:56 AM »

This guy's a freak, and you gotta love that!  Hasbro fleshed out some of the most obscure figures in plastic form when they unveiled their "Cantina Wave" to us, and boy did they make many a die-hard collector happy. 

Three Cantina aliens all at one time, and now I review the final figure from that fantastic wave, Feltipern Trevagg (Cantina Encounter)!

Read The Full Review Right Here, and as always I appreciate any feedback, comments, opinions or whatever if you'd like to share.

Basically, I liked the Cantina wave overall, even Dannik Jerriko, but part of me thinks I gave him props because I know I can fix him too...  Otherwise he's somewhat a letdown.

Feltipern won my heart as maybe my favorite figure of the wave though, with his fuzzy head, vibrant (and clean) colors, great articulation (all things considered), and what I think is probably the most accurate sculpt in the Cantina overall.  Hasbro knocked one out of the park as far as I can tell.

The figure's great, but read the full review to judge for yourself...  I recommend this wave to everyone though if you don't have a set.  They're the kinds of figures we put up with 10 horrendous efforts from Hasbro just to get this little bite of how good that company CAN be when they want to.  They make collecting worthwhile. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: New Review: Feltipern Trevagg
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 07:50 PM »
Good review Jesse, as with the entire cantina wave.

I hope to see some of your ROTS reviews soon.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 03:20 AM »
Working towards 'em Matt, but I doubt I crank out everything.  I'll let you know though...  I'm trying to get the Previews out right now though, and I really want the VOTC to get reviewed in their entirety because I think they're Hasbro's best foot forwards for once.  They really impressed me and deserve the respect on those.

APpreciate you chiming in...  Sorry for my late reply (busy leading up to E3, and I've been lax with how I keep up with everything around the boards)...  Hopefully we'll be talking about another figure soon. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline TT8L

• Youngling
  • subtle hint...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 04:32 AM »
I like what you said but, I personally am not so bothered about the skirt and about Dannik Jerriko's proboscises. I definitely know where you're coming from and I agree to some extent, but I am so thrilled to have them that I'm not bothered by these things at all. Besides this, I'm an opener and a customizer... and there isn't a figure I own that I wont customize so if I have a problem with a figure then I try to fix it  ;D

The best part about any of the review I've read is that you pepper the good w/ dissenting facts and alleviate the cons with a few silver linings... which is how I see it to begin with.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 03:09 AM »
Thanks man...  Appreciate the kind words.  I believe in an honest opinion, no holds barred, and that's what I deliver...  To me, if a figure isn't any good I'm going to let the masses (And Hasbro when they visit the site) know what wasn't liked.  Some would say that's a negative thing, but I've heard to the contrary. :)

I customize as well, but when doing a review I can't take that into account as much as it maybe is true in my own universe.  With Dannik Jerriko I have to think of the sheer # of people I saw complain about the holes and the fact most of them don't customize...  Same with Feltipern's "skirt" not being pliable enough.  And from my own point of view I don't customize if I don't feel I have to...  Really I have one of everything untouched actually, whether good or not.

It's a balance...  My customizing side wants to take over and say "well you can fill the holes in and paint it" on Dannik, or just slit the skirt piece up the side to make it more pliable on Feltipern, but in reality 90% of the people buying the toys won't do that to it and feel it's a complaint.  I have to agree with them.

And we can just hope Hasbro fixes things int he future.

And I agree on Dannik with the masses, that the probe things were just not necessary.  I'm the last person to gripe about getting MORE with a figure, but those things really butchered an otherwise great sculpt.   :-\

I'm glad you popped in to say hey and drop some feedback.  I appreciate hearing back from folks.  :D