Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67036 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: ROTS Burger King Promos
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2005, 11:03 PM »
I have to agree, the light up eyes on the Jawa is a very nice touch.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 26, 2005, 01:05 AM »
Got one for you.  To my dismay, I ate there today only to find they were still absolutely loaded with week 2 toys.  It's not so much the toys they had, more that I actually ate there.  Again :-X

I sent you a PM.  Thank you.   ;D

Offline Jagdohh_Fett

• Jedi Initiate
  • Never to be remembered ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 26, 2005, 07:52 PM »
Well, I was really going to stay away from these toys because I figured I'd get addicted and after getting one, now I am in need of a full set. Yesterday I first got a Podracer with a kid's meal (no big deal, I hadn't eaten BK in awhile so I managed). Then today I went to see if I could get em seperately, no luck, so I bought a couple kid's meals. The lady placed all they had out for me to choose (waves 1 and 3), so I got the Millenium Falcon and Jabba. Then I get my food and get to the car and as I'm driving off I find that there was a toy in each of the bags aside from what I picked, two Obi-Wans. So now I got an extra for trade or something. Then I went to another a couple hours later and asked if they would sell em seperately, they said they didn't do it anymore because then there'd be no toys left for the kid's meals if only the toy was bought (I sorta understand this). So I got a Jawa. Long story short, I still have one of the drinks and a cheeseburger in the fridge and I'm not quite sure if I can last having to buy a meal for each toy I get.
"If I'm not back in 5 minutes ... just wait longer."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 26, 2005, 09:55 PM »
It seems like there's a different story at every BK.  I've only been to one so far, but we could get one with the Kid's Meal, and then another 2 for $1.99 with an adult meal.  But that's still a lot of BK.  (It's actually my favourite fast food, but we don't have a BK in town here.  Damn.)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 27, 2005, 09:21 AM »
Yeah, it seems like many of the BKs are quite inconsistent.  I stopped in this morning at our closest one, before running to Wal-mart, and asked if they had the latest wave.  The girl working brought up what they had, and it was the 5 from week 3 (which I still need).  I said in the past I was allowed to purchase them for 99 cents each, and asked if I could do that, and she said "no, only with a meal".  I thanked her and went on my way.  I really want to get all of these, but I'd rather go the ebay route than have to eat all that fast food.  I'll check the other BK across town this weekend that I went to last week, and told me I could buy as many as I wanted for 99 cents each.  I've gone into our closest BK probably 4-5 times since this promotion began, and it has been a different answer every time.  First time...with meal, or 99 cents each limit of 2 per day.  Next time, only with a meal.  Next time, 99 cents, as many as you want.  Next time "sold out", and then today "only with meal".  Crazy :).

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 27, 2005, 10:55 AM »
Finding the Vader is increasingly difficult!  I was at a Burger King on Tuesday, and the lady said they had one in a box in the back, but weren't able to open any more up until they sold their current stock.  Argh! 

The worst part is you see them on eBay for a billion dollars.  Imagine that.   ::)

Woo-Hoo!  Post # 50!  I'm halfway to a blue lightsaber!   ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 10:56 AM by Jedidz23 »

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #111 on: May 27, 2005, 01:47 PM »
We have three BK's here in town, and when I ask for Vader - they still say "Who"?  The kids at the counter are clueless.  In fact last week I went in mid-week and told the girl that I needed to catch-up on the "Jedi Toys".  She looked at me real funny and handed me a packet of Ketchup and said, "Ok mister".  I couldn't stop laughing, I had to collect myself to explain that I needed to purchase some of the Star Wars toys.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 27, 2005, 01:51 PM »
In fact last week I went in mid-week and told the girl that I needed to catch-up on the "Jedi Toys". She looked at me real funny and handed me a packet of Ketchup and said, "Ok mister". I couldn't stop laughing, I had to collect myself to explain that I needed to purchase some of the Star Wars toys.

She's got to win the prize as number one Star Wars fan.   ::)

Man, what are they teaching kids these days in school?   :P

(Thanks for the laugh, that was great!)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2005, 01:51 PM by JesseVader08 »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 27, 2005, 02:14 PM »
Just ran to our local BK for lunch and when I told the girl I needed the next wave she came back with six!!  Darth Vader is now mine!!  Woohoo!!

To top it all off, I had to wait at least 10 minutes for my order so they gave me another Obi-Wan for my patience.   :D

Beth

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 27, 2005, 02:23 PM »
Picked up wave 4 last night from my local BK so I am currently on target and haven't missed a wave yet.  In regards to Vader I got mine one morning on the way to work at like 9:00AM.  Seems pretty crazy how many people want him one day for lunch I think every person in line bought toys and everyone asked for Vader.  But hopefully everyone can find these at there local BK rather then the ebay route,

Offline Jedidz23

• Jedi Initiate
  • Amy Allen... priceless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 27, 2005, 03:09 PM »
Just ran to our local BK for lunch and when I told the girl I needed the next wave she came back with six!!  Darth Vader is now mine!!  Woohoo!!

To top it all off, I had to wait at least 10 minutes for my order so they gave me another Obi-Wan for my patience.   :D

Ah, jadesfire, the force is strong with you!  :)

I agree with JedioftheNorth, I hope we can all get them legitimately, instead of eBay!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2005, 03:54 AM »
Scored a Palpatine and another R2 today, which leaves me with Vader and Jawa to acquire for week 3.

I have a Jabba, Han, and R2 for trade.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2005, 01:27 PM »
In Fargo, ate Burger King asked about Vader: we have it, but I'm not allowed to give it out :o ::) :'(   Scuse me, I'm forcing my family to eat your crap food and buying other toys, you can't part with one? >:(  The search continues...
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2005, 09:18 AM »
Went across town to catch the movie again this weekend, and stopped at the BK over there that will actually sell the toys (at least so far) without buying the food.  I was able to pick up Week 3 in full, so I was happy to get those.  3 weeks down, 3 to go now.  I hope this particular BK, although it is a little further to drive, will continue to sell the toys seperately.  Our closest BK has been quite inconsistent with this.

Offline Commander JediSearch

• Jedi Initiate
  • Do what must be done... I support Order 66
    • View Profile
    • The Archive
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2005, 09:24 AM »
It's a sad day for me...   :'(

They are closing the local BK that was willing to sell the toys separately without having to purchase a meal.  It was practically across the street from where I work.  Today is their last day of business.  I will have to to the one across town now.  They make you buy a value meal, and you can only purchase two toys with each value meal.
Stephen - Louisville, KY
Sandtroopers | KSWCC | My Collection