Author Topic: ROTS Burger King Promos  (Read 67017 times)

Offline starwarsnut

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS Fast Food Promos - Burger King
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2005, 11:25 AM »
Hello Everyone,

How are you today?  Yesterday, began the start of the Star Wars Epic Collection at Burger King.  This collection covers all six Star Wars movies with a total of 31 Super-D toys.  I wanted to know if other JediDefender Forum Members would be interested in helping each other out with this collection. 

By my home, the Luke Skywalker, Millenium Falcon, Han Solo, Jabba the Hutt, and Wicket are available.  Still on the search for the Darth Vader.  If anyone is interested in trading please send either a PM

Thank You...

Have A Great Day!

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2005, 11:52 AM »
Holy crap, Ebay, the vader seems to be going around $20, highest I saw was about $30ish.

WOW.

I think I'd actually hate to be a Burger King employee for this promotion.

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2005, 12:21 PM »
What sucks is BIN prices for complete sets were not too bad a couple days ago.  Now they are double the price.  I preordered from a seller who specializes in Fast Food pack ins.  He had over a 2500 rating and feedback of 99.9.  Hopefully they come through for me.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2005, 12:25 PM »
Ok well I just got back from my journey to another Burger King. I went up and asked to see which toys they had. She came back with the 5 i already have. I asked if she had Darth Vader. She looked at me confused, I tried to explain the one in the middle of the picture in the window, that didnt work either. So finally i was like the black one. Her face shone liek she understood. After a few min. she came back with Darth Vader. Through broken english and mostly spanish, she explained to me this was the only one they had becuase it was one per case. She didnt know why it was one per case and said they will probably get more later. SO basically she really had no idea it was a chase figure. The only thing is, maybe it really is one per case and not five. She didnt seem liek the type to scam me, although who knows if the manager got in there to took the others.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2005, 01:35 PM »
Need a checklist for the Burger King toys?

This little ad gives a slightly better idea of the actual items:

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2005, 05:44 PM »
Last night I hit a BK and got Vader and Jabba with the adult meal (an additional $1.29, added to any value meal, for two figures).

The advantage to going at 9:30 at night was that the kid actually asked me which ones I wanted and rifled through the box for me. I was going to get Wicket and Jabba then he said, "We have Darth Vader too," so I got him and Jabba.

Vader is so cuuuuuute! I was sitting in the booth fiddling with his stubby arms and grinning like a total idiot. ;D

Plus I won a few free food items from the scratch-off game pieces.

Went back today. The cashier just grabbed two at random: Wicket and Carbonite Han. I was OK with both of these so I didn't ask her to look for specific ones.

I don't think I will go for all 31 though.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2005, 05:46 PM by Valin Kenobi »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2005, 05:52 PM »
Yesterday I got a kids meal with Luke in it.  Today, I got a kids meal with Han in it -- and after I ordered, I noticed the sign that you can get two toys for $1.29 with the purchase of an adult value meal.

My husband bought a value meal last night, but I guess he didn't see the sign or they didn't have it up yet, because he didn't bring me any toys.  I haven't asked for Vader, because I wasn't sure how difficult he was going to be.  I think by tomorrow, though, the employees oughta recognize me when I stop by for lunch, so I'll ask and see what I can get.  I gotta call hubby at work and tell him to pick up toys with his dinner (we're working different shifts these days). 

I guess I got lucky with the cereal -- the first three boxes I opened with spoons in them had the three different colors in them.  Now I'm just waiting to have some money in the bank to send off for all the order-with-proofs stuff.

I haven't seen the Pepsi Yoda at Wal-mart, which is about the only place I've been.  I must say, I'm kind of glad they don't have the collect-all-24 can promotion this time.  I'm gaining enough weight from eating M&Ms, Chips, and Keebler cookies.

Jeff -- you are so lucky to get those grocery store displays.  Way to go!

Thanks for the BK checklist, JesseVader; I'd been thinking I needed to put one together for myself.  At least, though, there's not three different chains involved this time.  I had a really hard time keeping all the toys straight for Phantom Menace.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2005, 06:34 PM »
Here is a cheap buy it now for Vader if anyone is interested.

BK Vader

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Note that it's a Singapore Vader, different from the American version....
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline starwax137

• Jedi Initiate
  • Go away.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2005, 07:19 PM »

BK Vader

At least there was. It sold. I think the same guy had a couple others, though, so you can just go to them from the linked auction.

As long as you realize this is NOT the US chase version. It is from Singapore and is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT figure.

Hope this helps...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2005, 09:15 AM »
My wife and I had yesterday afternoon off from work to run a few errands, and I had mentioned the Bk promotion to her, so she said "let's go eat there".  We rarely eat fast food at all, and I don't think we had been to BK in a year or two, so we decided to check it out.  We both got adult value meals (and made them Jedi value meals), so we each got two "toys" with our meals.  I don't know if I was the first to ask about them or what, but the lady working brought up a brand new box (case), cut it open, and revealed the five different "bags o' figures" inside, and basically just told me to pick the ones I wanted.  I got to open the bags up and take whatever I wanted.  I just grabbed a Han, Luke, Jabba, and Falcon.  Then we won a free chocolate shake on one of our scratch tickets, so I went to redeem that and asked if they sold them individually.  She said, 99 cents each, limit of two per day, so I told her I wanted to buy two.  She brought the box out again and said to go ahead and pick out what i wanted.  I went for the Wicket bag, thinking that if the rumor of 1 Vader per bag was true, he'd be the easiest to "feel" in that one. Sure enough, found one quickly, and also picket up the Wicket, so I have the complete set for the first week.  I was pretty happy to get the Vader, didn't really plan on it.

I really like these, they are neat little toys.  I guess I like the idea of the complete set, because it has a nice entire Saga feel to it, intermixing the OT and PT together nicely.  I don't think I can stand going in there each week for adult value meals though, so I might attempt to buy other waves via ebay if possible.  I think I saw some people selling them wave by wave, so I might go that route.  6 down, 25 to go :).

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2005, 09:20 AM »

BK Vader

At least there was. It sold. I think the same guy had a couple others, though, so you can just go to them from the linked auction.

As long as you realize this is NOT the US chase version. It is from Singapore and is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT figure.

Hope this helps...

Sorry guys, i noticed BK Vader, and figures id post it for you guys here. I didnt even look at the picture. Sorry.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2005, 03:28 PM »
The BK Jabba actually fits in with the Galactic Heroes reasonably well.  I guess if Hasbro never makes one in the GH line we at least have a reasonable substitute :).  Hopefully the pic shows up ok, not the clearest I know.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 02:05 AM by JesseVader08 »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2005, 03:33 PM »
The BK Jabba actually fits in with the Galactic Heroes reasonably well.  I guess if Hasbro never makes one in the GH line we at least have a reasonable substitute :).  Hopefully the pic shows up ok, not the clearest I know.

I like.  Very cool.  Thanks for the pic.

Offline bomarr Monk

• Youngling
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2005, 09:27 PM »
Hello,

My wife and I got back from BK, and I scored TWO Darth Vaders! ;D  The guy was real nice he gave me the box to look through I grabbed the Falcon and the guy asks me if I want Darth Vader.  Of course I say yes and he goes to the back and brings me one, then my lovely wife asks for one too and he goes back to the back and brings another. 

The Vaders are indeed 5 in one box.  In one box there are 5 different bags of toys (plush, wind-up, pull-backs, squirters, and image viewers) and in each bag there is 1 Darth Vader.

So it seems someone at BK opened all the bags and pulled out the Darth Vaders.  I'm going back next Thursday because thats the day the guy said they expect another shipment.  If I come across another Vader I'll let you guys know.