Author Topic: Which Clone is Commander Bly?  (Read 19645 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: "Evolutions" assortment...
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2005, 03:33 PM »
And here Commander Bly can be seen, note that he is the only one with the long commander rifle, macrobinoculars on his helmet, and yellow painted thigh armor:

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2005, 03:38 PM »
And here is a closeup of Commander Bly with his macrobinocs and yellow painted breath filter:

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Okay, according to the comic published by "Lucas Books," in the scene on Felucia, Aayla says, "Is it droids Bly?"  And then, the clone (Commander Bly) with the macrobinoculars, yellow painted thigh armor, yellow painted breath filter, and long rifle, the only one who looks like that (And like Thire) replies to Aayla, "NO" and then pulls a pistol and shoot her in the back.

There is Scott's and Nick's proof that Aayla addresses Commander Bly and he replies to her directly.

Checkmate.

Not quite.  Lucas Licensing had to approve both DK's Visual Dictionary AND Dark Horse's comic adaptation.  That being said, there is contradictory information from Lucas Licensing.  You're wasting entirely too much of your time trying to prove this.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2005, 03:47 PM »
Nick, arent you trying to disprove it though?

Can't we all just get along?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2005, 03:54 PM »

Kevin

Not at all.  There's info out there that says one thing, and info indicating another.  If the Visual Dictionary says one thing and the comic adaptation says another, then we have a contradiction.  It's contradictory information from Lucasfilm, meaning that WE DON'T KNOW FOR CERTAIN.  That's far from saying that you can definitively point to a picture and say "This is Commander Bly".
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 03:55 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2005, 04:00 PM »
Yet just this morning Nicklab stated that "all we have" is the visual dictionary.  And now, after a lesson on Lucas Books' comic version, we have "contradictory information."  That's progress!  Go Nick!! 

I think I taught Nick something today.  Learning can be fun.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 04:07 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2005, 04:01 PM »
That will probably be the definitive statement on the issue.  Until then, the Visual Dictionary is the only visual reference that Lucasfilm has offered, and should be treated as the real deal. 

lol

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2005, 04:09 PM »
That will probably be the definitive statement on the issue.  Until then, the Visual Dictionary is the only visual reference that Lucasfilm has offered, and should be treated as the real deal. 

lol

So where in your bountiful reasearch do you have a signed affidavit from the artist(s) who drew and colored the comic adaptation that they saw the entire movie from begining to end ALONG WITH definitive character designs for every single Clone Trooper in REVENGE OF THE SITH?  And of course, corroborating evidence from the people who approve all of these materials at Lucas licensing before they go to press?  Oh wait, you don't.

OWNED.  So totally OWNED.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 04:10 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Nope, you're wrong.  The one with the macrobinocs is Bly.  You know it too.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2005, 04:20 PM »

Kevin

This is the best we've ever gotten along, this is great!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2005, 04:29 PM »
I'd say, currently, nobody is "right" on this...  The Visual Dictionary is as much a piece of EU as anything...  So is the "Official Site's Databank", Comic Books, or pretty much anything else...

I think everyone, despite what's in print form anywhere, should judge by the film only as to what's "fact" or not.  The Databank puts AT-AT heights at 15m when the film shows they're clearly a bit larger...  If we're discussing "canon vs. non-canon", then the films will forever be the only true evidence, and so far nobody's got that backing them up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2005, 04:43 PM »
One again, I've got to disagree with the notion that the Commander without the binocs is a Grunt. Grunts don't wear the armor of a commander.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2005, 04:54 PM »
And here Commander Bly can be seen, note that he is the only one with the long commander rifle, macrobinoculars on his helmet, and yellow painted thigh armor:

That troop right over her right shoulder sure looks like he's got yellow markings on his face

ANd I'm with Nick on this one still, you can infer all you want, its not fact until shown to be otherwise, especially with two pieces of literature that say two different things

If I had to say one or the other I think I'd pick the more colorful version but like Jesse said, right now it is all EU and we don't know until more support comes along to say otherwise, end of story

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2005, 05:02 PM »
Nope, you're wrong.  The one with the macrobinocs is Bly.  You know it too.

Not only do you know the future, but you read minds too?  Uhhh.... NO.

Scott is completely right.  The only thing that will settle this is Aayla Secura addressing a specific Clone Commander IN THE MOVIE as Commander Bly.  Until then it's all questionable.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 05:04 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2005, 05:08 PM »
Hey Nick, the last time you libs were throwing that Dressel Cleo icon around was when I told you all that Kerry was gonna be sent packing back to whatever rock he crawled out from underneath, and President Bush would win a second term.  Y'all threw that Cleo thing around for over 6 months, and we all know how much egg you, and Zod, and the rest of the lib contingent had on your faces!  It was enough egg to make omelettes for all of America.  So thanks for the vote of confidence again.  I was right then, and I'll be right again this time.

Seriously though, I love all y'all.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 05:09 PM by Dressel Rebel »