Author Topic: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers  (Read 74460 times)

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas: Mini-sabers
« Reply #405 on: April 21, 2007, 09:51 AM »
thanks for the info matt!!

while i'm still unsure about getting the special version of the .33 boba blaster (w/ gold scope) because the original looks like alot better (and I'm not one to sell stuff down the line). i think i'm going to be getting a few of these within the next few weeks. i like them alot and i was weary with the first purchase because i was unsure of what to really expect with the piece on display. the saber in the package doesn't do it justice. i'm picking up the .45 Vader saber (i think the shop had both versions ANH & ESB...i'll pick up either one of the two) to display with my Sideshow PF Darth Vader.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #406 on: April 21, 2007, 11:46 AM »
That's cool.  I didn't plan on getting all the special versions at first either, but I actually started with a special version, so I guess it was inevitable.

I do suggest picking up one of the acrylic display cases for your sabers though...it's a great way to display them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 21, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Actually, I have 3 Detolfs containing Sideshow's Star Wars Premium Format statues. I've got the Obi-Wan statue and the mini-saber on display right in front of him in the case.

And here is how I have the Detolf glass cabinets set-up. I think Darth's mini-saber will be next followed by Luke's. Eventually, I'll pick up a blaster to put the Han on display (I'm in the process of finding Han a riser so the statue isn't as floor level). The MR mini-sabers really look so much better in person when you are seeing the display...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 21, 2007, 08:32 PM »
Wow!  Very cool display Nitro.  Guess you won't need to get the MR display stands!   ;D

The mini sabers are addictive, I have 13 of them.  Mostly Obi-Wan sabers due to an Obi-Wan focus to my collection, both movie accurate and the special ones, the full and battle-damaged maul sabers, and a Dooku, and ROTS Anakin saber.

They are so cool to collect, are so easy to display and look so cool.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 21, 2007, 09:44 PM »
I just picked up a second thanks to your recomendation, matt!! they really are addicting. i don't think i'm feeling the blasters though (from what i've seen). i winded up buying a Darth Vader ANH mini-saber tonight. They had two versions available...either the reg (which I bought--I'm happy they had ANH saber over the ESB one) or the gold chase version. Of course I went for the reg because it would good better on display with my Vader PF. Now I'm going to hunt after the Luke ANH mini-saber  :)...

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 22, 2007, 01:23 PM »
And so it begins!  Have fun with it...and definitely get just the ones you want, but don't think that the gold chase ones do not display well...my three are in a single case right next to the movie accurate ones and they look awesome.   ;D

As said several times these are a great alternative to the LE, SE and elite versions which can get pretty pricey....and they don't take up as much room.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 22, 2007, 02:42 PM »
thanks matt!! it's definately begun!! they are definately a perfect alternative to the pricey full-scale sabers...

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #412 on: April 23, 2007, 12:56 PM »
At half the size but a fraction of the price.... I jumped into these. I am very happy with them. Though I do need to figure out how to display them.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 28, 2007, 10:22 PM »
any recommendations on what mini-sabers are worth picking up?

i have 2 stores in the area charging 2 completely different prices (although they are the same chain). one store is charging $25 and they have a Darth vader ANH gold chase, Darth Maul (half saber), & yoda (episode 3) left. the other store has theirs marked up to $40. they had the darth tyrannus (count dooku), luke (anh or esb), and some others that i couldn't quite see in back of the counter...

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 29, 2007, 10:45 PM »
nevermind, i've been seeing these mini sabers cheaper at some online shops. i just got the ANH Luke for $15. I think I'll stick with that.

anybody collect the mini blasters?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 29, 2007, 11:33 PM »
There's so many, I would suggest getting whatever you want.  The price point on any of them (with the exception of some rare ones like the gold Chase or exclusives) is more than reasonable, and shopping around can get you better deals on them.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #416 on: April 30, 2007, 09:36 AM »
I agree. Get what you like. That is all.

I personally have not paid more than $20 for any one shipped. (except the full Maul).

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #417 on: May 22, 2007, 05:12 AM »
No idea how in the hell I missed the announcement, but apparently the Qui-Gon mini-saber is the CS exclusive for this year.  Oy.  Of course I'm no longer a member, so I suppose I've already missed out on the thing.  I would've just signed up with them again at C4, like I did at C3 (or was it Comic Con) to get the full Maul mini, but that's obviously no longer an option.  I might poke in there tonight to see if I can still sneak an order in, especially since I'll need to be a member in the morning to get my order in for the damned Wedge helmet.

So I guess the only mini-sabers that never really got done (that folks have been clamoring for) are the ROTJ Vader, TPM Obi-Wan, and possibly a V2 ROTJ Luke...  I'm not even sure what the differences are between the OT Vader saber already made, and the ROTJ version.  And is the ROTJ V2 Luke saber just weathered, or are there other differences with that one as well?  Anyone know?

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 22, 2007, 07:25 AM »
I believe the V2 Luke saber is the saber that we see for the majority of ROTJ.  I believe it is one of the stunt sabers with the blade part removed or sawed off.  I'm sure there must be some suttle differences since MR is making a full size one this year.

The CS kit is listed as in stock, so you can still grab one for the Qui Gon saber.  I just got mine yesterday and it looks great.  Sad to see that this will probably be the last one.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #419 on: May 22, 2007, 08:14 AM »
Yeah, I wandered over to MR to check on it's status right after I made the post above, and when I saw the 2007 CS kit was still in stock, I decided to go ahead and nab it to get that Qui-Gon mini.  Plus, my new (renewed) CS membership allows me to get in for the Wedge helmet later this morning (and at the extra 10% off now), which I wouldn't have been able to get had I waited 'til Thursday as a non-member, since I would've been standing in the C4 line at that time, while it possible sold out.  Pre-ordering my Stormie helmet with the Wedge one, while I'm at it.

Just happy to have the Qui mini saber locked up now.  Any word on cases for it (custom, or MR versions)?  I know there's a nice custom Maul case goin' around for the full-sized Maul mini from the 2005 CS kit.  Or does it come with it's usual stand, in which case you can put it in one of the regular 3-tiered mini saber display cases?