Author Topic: LOST  (Read 134430 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' - Season Three
« Reply #180 on: March 8, 2007, 11:01 AM »
We now know the computers aren't able to reach the mainland, and now we know the sonar is out. Seems like the only communication possible is through the "Others" or through the Radio Tower that we were told about.

Kevin

This isn't anything new versus what we knew last week.  Patch is an "other," so if there's still a chance that Others in other areas can reach the mainland, then what's new?  :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2007, 09:29 AM »
I'm surprised there were no sooner comments about this past episode featuring the demise of Rocco and Nikki. For a stand-alone episode, it was freakin' outstanding.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2007, 10:28 AM »
Pretty gory ending if you ask me.  I thought I remembered reading that before the demise of these two, viewers would view them as iconic characters that played a major role in the events on the island.  I see where they tried to force them into past scenes, and that was very well done, but I don't get how they added much to the story - at least not yet.  ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2007, 10:35 AM »
I'm surprised there were no sooner comments about this past episode featuring the demise of Rocco and Nikki. For a stand-alone episode, it was freakin' outstanding.

Though entertaining, I thought it was a filler episode and a wasted opportunity to move the story/characters along.  The writers finally started getting back on track with compelling stories and drawing the viewer back in, then they throw this High School-level morality tale at us.  I don't know why, but it reminds me of "The Monkey's Paw"
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2007, 10:39 AM »
I see where they tried to force them into past scenes, and that was very well done, but I don't get how they added much to the story - at least not yet.  ;)

I thought the big reveal there was that Paulo had found the entrance to and had been wandering around in the tunnels.  That was how he got the walkie-talkie, how he hid the diamonds in the Pearl station toilet, how he saw Ben and Juliet talking about Jack.  Now we know the tunnels are still there and there is an access point for the Losties...

On another note, I was disappointed that the whole "Billy Dee" on LOST appears to be nothing more than a 2 minute cameo.  Was that it?  Lame.    :-\
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:23 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2007, 10:53 AM »
how he saw Ben and Libby talking about Jack. 

Ben and Juliet...

I enjoyed it, even though it was just a filler episode. 

Next week looks good with two hot chicks practically mud wrestling.
Common sense isn't so common

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2007, 11:23 AM »
how he saw Ben and Libby talking about Jack. 

Ben and Juliet...

D'oh!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2007, 12:37 PM »
I enjoyed it enough, but wouldn't have minded seeing a little more of the rest of the cast.  That's how it goes with this show though.  It was interesting how they "inserted" them into past scenes, and it didn't look too bad.  I was also disappointed with how little Lando/Billy Dee was included in the episodes.  I was hoping he would be an "other" or something, as once rumored, and we'd see him more.  Of course, with how things tie into each other, that could always happen.  I'm wondering if we've seen the last of both of these two, with Locke's "nothing on this island stays buried" comment, as well as the scene early on during Nikki's television show and they talk about "bringing her back from the dead" for future episodes/seasons.  Those might be some hints, or maybe not.  I think I read that the actor that plays Paolo already has something lined up for next year, so maybe he's gone, but I haven't heard that about the girl.  We'll see I guess.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2007, 01:52 PM »
Since Billy Dee was playing Billy Dee it would be very weird if he came back as an other.  Unless they reveal that his full name is Billy Dee Washington on the show, or something. 
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2007, 03:15 PM »
Oh true, I didn't notice that.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2007, 05:41 PM »
It was a filler episode unless the dog digs them back up. Next week looks like things will get back on track.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #191 on: April 5, 2007, 11:14 AM »
Anyone else feel nothing was accomplished last night. I think that Juliett being left behind was so that she can infiltrate the Lost camp. Sayid is still my favorite character, he doesn't trust anyone, I love it.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 5, 2007, 12:06 PM »
I thought it was awesome - and I'm thinking Sayid beats some information out of her next week. 

Maybe I'm the only one who's still hooked on this show - but the fact that Juliette didn't know what the cloud-monster thing was either makes me think once again that there is some group or force at work that is way worse than the others, something the others are terrified of. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 5, 2007, 12:51 PM »
You're not the only one Rob.  The Mrs. and I are still hooked on things, particularly since the 2nd part of this season began in February.  I think overall the episodes have been very good since then, and captured the feeling of the first season very well.  Its always nice to get some more answers, and at the same time part of the appeal of this show to me in the first place is the whole cliffhanger/music crescendo at the end of the episode that makes me go "I can't wait until next week".  I'd like to learn more about that smoke monster though, that thing is freaky.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #194 on: April 5, 2007, 12:58 PM »
the fact that Juliette didn't know what the cloud-monster thing was

Does she really not know what Smokey the Monster was or did she just say she didn't know?  The way she was standing there staring at it makes me think she knows more than she's letting on (just like all them dang Others).

Anyone else feel nothing was accomplished last night. I think that Juliett being left behind was so that she can infiltrate the Lost camp. Sayid is still my favorite character, he doesn't trust anyone, I love it.  ;D

I agree with you about Sayid, he's really grown into a great character.  And also about Juliette, lots of reasons to think the Others "left" her behind so she could infiltrate the losties camp and act as a spy - wouldn't be the first, or even the second, time they tried that.   ;)