Author Topic: LOST  (Read 133848 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Lost' - Season Three
« Reply #300 on: May 24, 2007, 09:34 AM »
Alright, let me just say  :o I am not sure where they are going to go with this one.

I am guessing Ben in the Coffin

I think its Locke.  I don't think anyone really likes him at this point.  Ben is a solid guess as well, though I'm not sure why either of them would voluntarily leave the island. 

I thought most of the finale was okay, but the whole Jack of the future thing bothers me the more I think about it.  Its depressing to see how he ends up - I hope we don't go through the next three seasons knowing that this is his future.  I'm hoping that the Jack Flash-forwards were one of Desmond's visions.

And what the heck was up with Charlie dying?!  He so easily could have made it through that door and closed it fromthe other side...or gone out the porthole...or just let the base fill with water - would have taken several minutes, which would give him and Desmond time to get a diving tank and swim to the surface.  Heck, do they even need a diving tank?  They should be able to rise faster than sink and they can use the cable to move faster. 

Best thing about last night is that we don't have to wait until next season to see that Kwan, Sayid, and (?) Rose's husband are okay.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 24, 2007, 10:14 AM »
I don't think Charlie went out the door because he knew Desmond would go IN to talk to Penelope and die.  I think the idea was that he did it to save him.

Why he didn't swim out the porthole, or at least try is beyond me.  I think the set designers probably should have made it a little smaller to avoid the question.

As for Jack of the Future - I thought it was Jack of the present.  He's down and out, realizes he shouldn't have left the island, and is going to start off season 4 trying to find his way back.

But who knows.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 24, 2007, 10:31 AM »
Yeah, that's one question we were asking last night - why didn't Charlie just swim out the porthole, or even, just shut the door behind him and then have Desmond and himself swim like hell for the surface.  I'll definitely miss him on the show, but I can kind of see why they did it I guess.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #303 on: May 24, 2007, 10:37 AM »
If its Jack of the future it kind of ruin's the show becuase now we know they got off the island, at least Jack and Kate anyway. If all the future episodes feature flash forwards then i dont see it working. I may be wrong for now, but i really was not crazy with seeing them off the island.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 24, 2007, 01:48 PM »
  Also, the fact that in this "flash forward" Jack's dad is apparently still alive is interesting as well. 

I don't think that his father is meant to be alive.  I think it's just part of his "sickness" that he thinks he's still around.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #305 on: May 24, 2007, 03:01 PM »
Any catch Mikail say, "I thought you were on assignment in Canada" to the chicks in the Looking Glass

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 24, 2007, 03:48 PM »
And what the heck was up with Charlie dying?!  He so easily could have made it through that door and closed it fromthe other side...or gone out the porthole...or just let the base fill with water - would have taken several minutes, which would give him and Desmond time to get a diving tank and swim to the surface.  Heck, do they even need a diving tank?  They should be able to rise faster than sink and they can use the cable to move faster. 

I don't think Charlie went out the door because he knew Desmond would go IN to talk to Penelope and die.  I think the idea was that he did it to save him.

Why he didn't swim out the porthole, or at least try is beyond me.  I think the set designers probably should have made it a little smaller to avoid the question.

I would think the reason why Charlie didn't bother to try and save himself was in order to save Claire and baby Aaron.  He needed to fulfill his "destiny" per se and follow Desmond's vision to the end so that everyone could get rescued.

Casket guesses?

John?

Ben?

I don't think it was Sawyer, because I think he and Kate are together.

Kevin

I'm thinking Mascara Guy?  Whoever has the power to get Jack back onto the island.  At first I thought it would have to be Ben, and that would explain why no one came to the funeral -- he knew no one.  But Mascara Guy hasn't aged so everyone he wouldn't known is probably long dead.  I'm thinking the reason it shook Jack up so much that he wanted to kill himself was that he felt like it was his only opportunity to get back to the island.

No way -- I don't think Kate is with Sawyer -- she was way too well turned out for that -- and too worried that "HE" would wonder where she was.  She's with someone important  --  Ben/Locke/Jacob/Penny's Father/Mascara Guy (if he's not dead).

How great was it to see Walt?  He went through such a growth spurt I kept trying to figure out if it was really him or not.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 24, 2007, 03:49 PM »
  Also, the fact that in this "flash forward" Jack's dad is apparently still alive is interesting as well. 

I don't think that his father is meant to be alive.  I think it's just part of his "sickness" that he thinks he's still around.

agreed.  the look on the chief of surgery's face when Jack said "bring my father down here" was one of pity...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 03:51 PM by name »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 24, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Any catch Mikail say, "I thought you were on assignment in Canada" to the chicks in the Looking Glass

Yeah?  What of it?

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 24, 2007, 04:41 PM »
Fun little review from EW.com:

"Of course, Jack's ''blow 'em all to hell'' gambit to avert the Others' Passover-style abduction plot didn't go off exactly as planned: the sharpshooters succeeded in detonating only two explosions instead of three, killing some but not all of Tom's posse. When the castaways realized something had gone wrong at the beach, Kate wanted to go back, and wanted Sawyer to go with her. The shaggy con man — sleepwalking through life since killing Anthony Cooper in ''The Brig'' — seemed not to care. But like the latter-day Han Solo that he is, Sawyer roused himself to reluctant valor, though he refused to take his Princess Leia with him. Jack later had to spell it out for her: ''He only wanted to protect you.'' Then, the whopper: ''I love you,'' the doc told Kate. Though she didn't say it, Kate's eyes finished the implied Empire Strikes Back homage: I know, they said. It hit me like Cupid's arrow: All these weeks of Jack cozying up to Juliet may have been a ruse, perhaps an attempt to draw info out of the former Other. Clearly, next season will focus on the Jack-Kate-Juliet-Sawyer quadrangle."

The full review can be found here.

"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #310 on: May 24, 2007, 07:19 PM »

Yeah?  What of it?

I wonder if its going to mean anything. If they have other locations they control all over the world / hatches. It could mean nothing.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 24, 2007, 07:40 PM »
I didn't think much of it - it went in one ear and out the other as a simple explanation for why no one knew they were there.

I guess it could be more, but I doubt it.

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I had another thought about who could be in the casket -- Juliette?!?  I would explain why no one was at the funeral and why Kate had such disdain in her voice when Jack asked her if she went to the funeral.  Though it wouldn't explain why Jack was SO upset about her death -- unless she somehow held a key to him returning to the Island :-\?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 25, 2007, 03:15 PM »
I had another thought about who could be in the casket -- Juliette?!? 

I don't think so.  The funeral director asked Jack if he was friend or family and Jack said "neither".  From what we've seen, I think Jack would consider Juliette a friend.

The most likely guess is Ben, but that seems too obvious.  It could be someone we haven't seen yet.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 25, 2007, 04:57 PM »
Does Mascara guy have a full name?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...