Author Topic: Tank Droid  (Read 4447 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Tank Droid
« on: May 30, 2005, 12:17 PM »
I am so bummed over the lack of Separatist vehicles... why haven't they made this yet -

I'm thinking it would be about the size of the AAT Federation Tank.  $20-$30 depending on the details put into it. 

Thoughts?

:P

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Droid
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2005, 12:45 PM »
I'll take 3 for a Kashyyyk beach diorama, since I already have about 75 wookiees.  They should be beating something down.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 12:29 AM »
If done to-scale, it's probably one of my top vehicle wants right now...  that Hasbro's capable of doing properly anyway.

Working center tread would be great...  It's a fairly small vehicle, it's "exciting" in a way...  Was in a great action sequence and would complement the Wookiee Copter well enough...  I'd take one for sure, just so long as it's not fudged as far as numbers go.  I'd take a few actually since they were so numerous.  3 sounds about right, if not more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 01:45 AM »
I'd probably buy 1 to fill out my droid army (my clones beat my droids by about 10 - 1) :P
Since they made the Crab Droid a $9.99 Deluxe Figure, I'm sure that they could make the Tank Droid a $14.99 toy, or maybe a $19.99 Medium Vehicle.  I don't think I'd buy it if it was more than $14.99 though :-\
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 08:41 AM »
I have to admit that I believe they are going to make it.  I usually don't reply to posts about things we want to be made because about 90% of the time, they do not get made.  And when they do, Hasbro mocks it up. >:(

But considering that we got the AT-RT :D, and will get the wookie helicopter ;), it is incredibly likely that we will in fact get this.  Especially since we got the crab droid and the spider droid (again - which I really like even though it is crap).

So bring it on Big H
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 10:21 AM »
I'd really love to see Hasbro do this, as I think it's one of the cooler designs from the Separatist army and it had a relatively visible part in the Kashyyyk battle.  If they could do it justice in the way they did the Hailfire Droid (which I adored) in the CW line, I'd be first in line to pick one up.

What would be really cool is if Hasbro could make it battery powered and use a high quality rubber tank tread (like the ones they used on the GI Joe MOBAT tank in the early 1980's) so it could go forth on its own (and not wander around drunkenly like the AT-RT's walking action).  Either way, it would make a cool toy and I'd be willing to pay 20-30 bucks for one before I would for yet another repaint of the E2/E3 Jedi Starfighters.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 05:40 PM »
I'm glad to see that this droid made it into ROTS. I also think it would be a great toy to have, so let's get it made. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 10:59 PM »
I'd probably buy 1 to fill out my droid army (my clones beat my droids by about 10 - 1) :P
Since they made the Crab Droid a $9.99 Deluxe Figure, I'm sure that they could make the Tank Droid a $14.99 toy, or maybe a $19.99 Medium Vehicle.  I don't think I'd buy it if it was more than $14.99 though :-\

The Trade Federation Tank sold for 29.99, and I think the tank droid would sell for at least that.  These things are big enough that regular battle droids were clinging to the side of it as they rolled forward.  It'd have to be bigger than the AAT (ATT?)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #8 on: June 1, 2005, 10:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure its AAT.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2005, 01:58 PM »
Was the AAT $30 at first?  Later on, it was $20 in the Clone Wars line.  $30, $20, doesn't matter to me.  $10 difference wouldn't keep me from getting something I want.

:P

Offline Gatillo

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama! So what?!?
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I work on Antarctic bugs!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 1, 2005, 02:49 PM »
Yep it was $30 at first and then $20.  I don't get it but I have 6 of them, cause it is nice.

It used to be the trade federation tank then it became the AAT, if it is release again maybe it will be an AT&T exclusive :P
You are never alone when there's a clone.

"Feel don't think"...and she slapped me right after I said it too.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: June 1, 2005, 05:41 PM »
With the ARC coming in at $30, I think the Droid Tank could match that price or come in cheaper.  A lot has to do with moving parts and whatnot...  It's not a large vehicle particularly, but its number of pieces (depending how it's made) could be substantial.  A center tread that rolls would be the only feature I was anxious for...  Beyond that I'd be content with a pretty simple toy.  It's small enough that scale shouldn't be an issue, but it might be...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77