Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 85076 times)

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #240 on: July 22, 2005, 09:24 PM »
Thanks for your comments! I exchanged it today; the one I took works a little better, though the sensor could still be more sensitive imo. Nevertheless it’s probably the most fun toy I’ve bought in years. Hopefully soon they release a Luke blue saber in the smaller 3-battery format, the ROTS is close but the different little details would grate at my  perfectionist bastard attitude.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2005, 03:19 AM »
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this.

After seeing a post from Hemish in the Classifieds section about an MR ROTJ Luke FX Saber, I got to wondering if it's the same type of saber as the ones shown in the link below (please no mocking of my inability to take a decent photograph  :D):

http://www.ffurg.com/c3/gallery/album03/04_25_05_216

I looked through this thread and didn't find a specific reference to this type of saber for Luke in ROTJ and I couldn't find anything on MR's website.

I was just thinking the other day that if MR came out with such a saber, I'd like to get one. So is this a saber that's coming out, and if so when? Or is this just a pipe dream?

Thanks!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2005, 03:25 AM »
I've already got the original Luke ROTJ saber, but i remember reading that MR were rereleasing it again with the new lights that actually run up and down the saber.

Yeah if they were to release the Luke ROTJ saber with the lights that go up and down, I'd be all over it. Hopefully they will, or have already.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline SilverSpyder

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2005, 05:57 PM »

Yeah if they were to release the Luke ROTJ saber with the lights that go up and down, I'd be all over it. Hopefully they will, or have already.

They are.  It will be available at Borders Book Stores around October I believe.

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2005, 06:54 PM »

They are.  It will be available at Borders Book Stores around October I believe.

Correct.  It is a Borders exclusive and it has the updated technology.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2005, 08:55 PM »
Still 6 batteries though, in spite of the LEDs.  Doesn't make much sense to me to do that, but beggars can't be choosers.  I picked mine up from the sabervault so it should actually be arriving within 6 weeks.   Sweet.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 30, 2005, 07:23 AM »

Correct.  It is a Borders exclusive and it has the updated technology.

awesome! thanks guys!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Thought i'd bump this since the Luke sabers will be shipping next week from the saber vault.  So who has one coming?  I forgot all about this since I payed for mine back in July.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2005, 04:27 PM »
I'm hoping the Borders near me will have them in stock.  Plus I want to take advantage of my wife's teacher discount.   ;D

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 5, 2005, 11:03 PM »
The Luke sabers have hit Borders.  Same hilt as the original but the color is definitely more vibrant than the first release. 

So I wonder which is next after the Maul?  Im not particularly looking forward to that release.  Would of been nice for a Yoda or Dooku but it seems due to shape and size MR would not be able to produce. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 5, 2005, 11:14 PM »
Wasn't there something about an OT Obi FX saber coming?

And my Luke ships from thesabervault.com on Friday.   8)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 6, 2005, 08:48 AM »
The only thing I don't like about these f/x sabers is that you can't turn them on for display without that constant "hum".  I'd love to just turn them on and let them sit when company is over but each one has a different "hum" and it's just too annoying.  I can turn "Sting" on and I don't have that problem.  I am hoping for two settings down the road as they make these, one for light only and then one with light and sound.
Beth

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 6, 2005, 09:05 AM »
Wasn't there something about an OT Obi FX saber coming?

And my Luke ships from thesabervault.com on Friday.   8)

Same here. I actually got in on the preoreder the last day(7/15) with Jeff.  And yes the Obi-Wan is coming put has been pushed back a bit.

Offline jr87mustang

• Jedi Initiate
  • Have you seen this Kubrick???
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 6, 2005, 10:23 AM »
I would love too see a Count Dooku.  I really don't like it when the saber doesn't look like the one in the movie.  Lukes is horrible, and since Obi's is skinny at the end too, they will make it fat to fit the blade.  Count Dookus would be a better choice along with Sidious.  Also I think Asajj Ventress sabers would be wicked!!
Anyone got a ben for sale??

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 6, 2005, 07:14 PM »
I would love too see a Count Dooku.  I really don't like it when the saber doesn't look like the one in the movie.  Lukes is horrible, and since Obi's is skinny at the end too, they will make it fat to fit the blade.  Count Dookus would be a better choice along with Sidious.  Also I think Asajj Ventress sabers would be wicked!!

I'd bet they're watching the sales of the Maul saber(s) before committing to a an Asajj saber.  I think if Maul meets sales expectations we'll see that pair of sabers come down the pipe before too long.