Author Topic: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 84968 times)

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
Re: Master Replicas Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #345 on: June 8, 2006, 07:48 AM »
Oh i see, they have some better pics of the yoda fan made over at the fx-sabers.com forum

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=1679.0 The guys also made some others.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2006, 07:53 AM by kirk_dougall »
http://www.generationxmodels.co.uk
U.K Stockist of Sideshow, Gentle Giant, Master Replicas and Kotobukiya.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 8, 2006, 08:45 AM »

Do these come with display stands and what do they look like?

As you can see, the do come with the black display stands but eventually take up a lot of room.  I know Philip Wise had worked with someone and they made a "pool stick" display case (pictures are at RS).  I never bought one and would buy a "baseball bat" holder if I ever decided to change the way I have them now (which is two crossed-over on each wall).

Battery wise, I'd go with Duracell as they seem to last longer but that's just my opinion. 

Beth

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 8, 2006, 11:43 AM »
You can also buy the vertical stands from fx-sabers.com.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 8, 2006, 12:08 PM »
I'd be really patient and look for deals Mikey.  I feel I've overpaid on most of the F/X sabers I've bought simply by paying MSRP.  Only Anakin was a great deal for me, at around $80 or so USD.  I think most can be had for around that price these days, though maybe a couple of the older ones would fetch higher prices, but those have the old electronics. 

Like Jared, I currently have the four colours available (Green - Luke Rotj, blue - Anakin Aotc, red - Vader Esb, purple - Mace Windu Rots).  I'll pick up Maul's saber (2) simply because it's a double bladed saber.  I don't feel any need to be a completeist with this line. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 8, 2006, 05:41 PM »
the way I have them now (which is two crossed-over on each wall).

Hey, that's a cool idea.  Do you have pics of them mounted that way?  And what did you use to keep them on the wall at 45o angles without falling down?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 8, 2006, 08:44 PM »
This should bring you to the page with the photo:

Wall Sabers

I used a door stopper in between the sabers to lay each blade on and then a double hook at each end (the kind you'd hang a bathrobe on).  I got them in some kind of chrome silver color and it matches the ends of the sabers perfectly.  They slide right into the holders and I have only had one fall off the wall (as I have more than one wall with sabers on).  I am pretty sure the cat had something to do with that fiasco  :P.
Beth

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 8, 2006, 10:14 PM »
Thanks for the info Beth!  I think I may have to steal your idea in the future - they look awesome lit up and crossed as if in battle. 

Of course, you'll have to explain to my wife why I'm suddenly buying $100 lightsabers.   ;)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 9, 2006, 10:30 PM »
Hi Everyone.  I'm new to collecting FX sabers, but I dove right in over the past two months.  I ended up getting the double bladed Darth Maul (favorite character, favorite saber), the ESB Vader, the ROTS Anakin, and the ROTJ Luke.  Although I've missed out on a lot of the first releases (based on what I've read in this thread), I can't see myself going back and completing the set.  One because of the price and two because I wouldn't know where to even begin to locate them.  I do really like this generation of sabers.

I'm pretty glad that I waited until now to get them, as I saved myself a few hundred by getting them on ebay or through the MR package deals that I've split with another collector I work with.

I can't wait to get the ROTS Obi-Wan and would love to see either Dooku made eventually as I love the uniqueness of the hilt.

I have to ask though, has anyone purchased one of the 'Luxeon' versions of these with the sparring blades posted on ebay?  I just want to know how they stack up.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2006, 08:36 AM »
Got my first FX lightsaber yesterday - Anakin's ROTS one.  I got a good deal from a guy over at scum and had to bite.  This thing is just too cool.  Even the wife was impressed (not to mention getting a big laugh out of my son, but he laughs at everything, especially dad acting like a goofball).

Now I have to track down some of the other colors.  I'm thinking Vader's red one next.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline kirk_dougall

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2006, 10:44 AM »
I Am Sith Will you be going for the mace Windu? The hilt is in my oppinion the best one.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 30, 2006, 03:17 PM »
I Am Sith Will you be going for the mace Windu? The hilt is in my oppinion the best one.

I really don't think that I'm going to get a Mace one, but who knows what will happen if the price is right.  If FAO Schwarz puts it up on sale like the Vader and Anakin sabers are this week, I don't think that I could pass it up at $68 like those.

I know that the hilt is great as a friend of mine has one and I've been able to see it up close.  I'm also not crazy about purple.  But my main beef is with the character more than the saber.  He and Jar Jar are by far my two least favorite prequel characters.  I don't mean to offend those of you who like Samuel L. Jackson's character, but I just didn't care for him, especially in EP1.

Call me crazy, but having an 'attachment' to the character is a big deal to me when it comes to getting these lightsabers.  Anakin, Luke, Maul, Vader, I got into all of these characters and was really psyched to get their force fx sabers.  I also can't wait to get the Obi-Wan when it comes out.  With Mace, he was just 'eh' to me in the prequels, so the desire isn't there.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rod

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 1, 2006, 11:31 AM »
Ray Park was a guest at a local show in KNoxville, TN that I volunteer at (Adventure Con) and he did a little demo with a friend's Maul F/X saber...thought some might find this interesting

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4568665999118643253

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 2, 2006, 12:10 AM »
Park's a mighty cool guy, really seems to enjoy the fans.  Nice vid, thanks for sharing.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 5, 2006, 08:36 AM »
That was awesome!  Thanks for sharing Gundam.  If I were one of his two 'assistants', I don't think that I would forget that experience any time soon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 5, 2006, 10:37 AM »
Thanks for sharing that video clip.  Like Brent mentioned, Ray Park is a heck of a guy the way it seems - and its nice of him to take the time to put on a little show for the fans like that.