Author Topic: Clone Pilots! Now in black too...  (Read 8171 times)

Offline Pliscken

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!..NO IM NOT!! ARE 2!..hehe R2
    • View Profile
Clone Pilots! Now in black too...
« on: April 3, 2005, 05:23 AM »
Well i went to Wal-mart this afternoon to get 7 more figures. I looked got the 7 i wanted, but then i saw a Clone Pilot standing in the front! I asked one of the employees if he still had the box it came in. The employee knew his stuff and said man we've been checking all day for where that came from, but apperantly we found it in a C1 box with your average figures. So i was very happy to get a #34 :D

has anyone else ran into this??

EDIT: If this a rare case i will gladly take a pic and put it up.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 07:09 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Pilot!
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2005, 10:30 AM »
Sadly no.  We were all hunting for the clone commander and this pilot.   I did not hear of anyone getting it.  A lot of the figures moved off the pegs so maybe the stores will have them and put them out? 

Offline darkksith

• Youngling
  • Completest Crazy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2005, 11:46 AM »
just a heads up if you have any KROGER grocery stores in your area. i
found four untouched cases on pegs in the toy section that included
clone commander, clone pilot, #35 palpatine, and #36 grievous. they
were $5.99 each. a couple other local michigan collectors tipped me
off to start checking there yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2005, 11:48 AM by darkksith »

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2005, 01:24 PM »
2 Krogers within 15 minutes of the house...I think we need Eggs.....or Milk.....I'll post here if it was successful.

***UPDATE*****

Kroger here didn't have a thing.
« Last Edit: April 3, 2005, 05:47 PM by pmundheim »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: April 4, 2005, 07:17 PM »
Sadly no.  We were all hunting for the clone commander and this pilot.   I did not hear of anyone getting it.

The WM we were at when Midnight struck put them out, Brian.  I was randomly grabbing at any army builders I saw, and when all was said and done, I accidentally wound up with 5 of these in my basket.  So I scoped out the nicest carded version, and the best paint job for an opener, and then put the other 3 back.

Not until a few hours later did I realize that although I don't army build with PT figures, I did want extras of these for the new Gunship.  Whoops!  Duh.  Didn't see them again that night...  Jared scolded me for putting them back too (which he was unaware that I'd done), since he wanted extras too...  Oh well!  I'm sure there'll be more floating around soon enough.

But yeah, the Pilot, and Clone Commander seemed to be the two toughest to find upon release, followed by the two different Royal Guards and Grievous in poncho.
« Last Edit: April 4, 2005, 07:17 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Firebat

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2005, 07:27 PM »
Nice! I didn't think these were out yet!

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 4, 2005, 07:30 PM »
I found the Clone Commander and Pilot,  but never saw the Gunner.

I was talking to the manager of the WM in Foothill Ranch, CA today and he said Hasbro was controlling his shipping and that he had placed orders long ago, but they were deleted.

He told me it'd be 2-3 weeks before he knew who was controlling shipments, him or Hasbro...Hope this helps explain anything.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: April 4, 2005, 07:32 PM »
Yeah, I never saw a Gunner either, and have heard of very few who have, since that #37-40 portion of figures just barely trickled out in a couple spots around the country.  Tough finds there.  At least for now...

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 4, 2005, 07:37 PM »
See that's the wierd thing..I found 33,34,35,36,39, and 40...Looks like the two got skipped over.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 4, 2005, 07:45 PM »
Be happy you guys only got two skipped over.  Sounds like people out West got to see 33-40.  I have heard of none of these figs appearing in New England.  Alot of stores up here only saw Collection ! ???  Its killing me in not finding any of these since they were the ones I was looking forward to the most.  12 stores later and several visits to each have nothing.  I was hoping, from hearing reports that maybe these assortments got put out a few days after the hype on the 2nd.  Anyone who has these any of these 8 have any negative on them?  Looking for some feedback. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 4, 2005, 08:17 PM »
I haven't heard of anything past #32 showing up in my area yet...

Today I went by a different Walmart and saw a pallet that had a ton of Collection 2 display cases on it - there were 5 cases - each one had been opened and had two figures missing from each one.  I am guessing it had to be  the Royal Guard, because then I saw a guy that I recognize as a dealer at collector shows with a stack of Red Royal Guards in his shopping cart.  He didn't have anything else in the cart but two Unleashed Grievous figures.

I said something to him about it.  I asked if I could get two of them (I haven't been able to get them yet).  He said he needed them.  I said I knew he was just gonna sell them, and he just laughed and said I'd find them in stores soon enough.

Then I said I knew he had opened the cases and gotten them out.  He denied it and said he got them from the pegs - I told him "whatever man, you're full of ****."  And then I was so pissed I had to turn around and walk off/

If I was not so freaking sore from Dodgeball, I think I would have followed him to the parking lot and kicked his ass.

I guess it's not worth worrying about though.  I'll find me a few someday soon. 

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #11 on: April 4, 2005, 09:41 PM »
The Red Guard is the ONLY figure here you can't find.  Besides #33-40, but we haven't gotten any of those yet.  I want to WM today and they had multiples of everybody, #1-32, except for the guard.  I've never seen this any of the other two launches.  There were always figures you couldn't get, even the day after.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 4, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Wow. Now I feel lucky for finding the red guard back a few weeks ago.  :-\ If I had seen more on MM I'd have grabbed some, but all we had here was 5 blues by my count.

I nabbed 3.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 4, 2005, 11:51 PM »
In the afternoon hours of April 2nd, watching WM employees cutting open boxes, a group of 6 of us were each after the Gunner, Red Guard, Medic Droid, Pilot, and Commander. 10 boxes...10 boxes...and nothing for any of us.

The employee was working the morning shift when I was there earlier and said there was a guy that came after me and bought 10 Commanders, and she couldn't do anyting about it. Pissed me off....I wish I had bought more and put them on the boards here for trade..if only I had known it would be like this. :(

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: April 4, 2005, 11:54 PM »
These have only been on pegs for a few days, so within a couple weeks they should show up in better numbers.

It doesn't help that every ******* dealer with money to burn buys a bunch at a time, I'll say that.

This reminds me of the Anakin Hangar Duel, Yoda, and Dooku figures from last time. It took a few weeks, but they showed in better numbers eventually.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk