Author Topic: Carded Wedge, finally!  (Read 53155 times)

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: Carded Wedge, finally!
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2005, 04:11 PM »
This exclusive stuff is getting out of hand
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2005, 04:54 PM »

Wedge for $9.99 plus $4 shipping - plus, only $1 more in shipping for each additional Wedge you order.  2 shipped for $25, 3 Shipped for $36!

Case of 12 Wedge for $109.99 plus $9 shipping - that works out to $10 each including shipping!

A group of locals and I went in a case together and we get our Wedges for $10 shipped - that's a great deal better than $23 shipped from SWShop or $20 shipped from EE!   :o

This is incredibly tempting Jeff.  It just sucks being in a town of 5000 where there's no one else to buy/sell/trade locally.  I'd have to turn around and ship to everyone else...  :(

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2005, 08:39 PM »

Get used to it.  That is how it's going to be from now on with Star Wars merchandise. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2005, 03:28 AM »
Yeah, exclusives are not only a means of appeasing retail, they're also a means of getting the "odd" out to the public.  Some of the reasoning as to what's odd or not eludes me (I would think a Wedge figure would be as popular as Gold Leader, if not moreso, but whatever), but at least a "new" wedge comes of it.

That price stings though...  I am at a loss why Wedge isn't a figure Hasbro wants at retail though.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2005, 05:49 AM »
Yeah, what Hasbro has against Wedge being a regular, carded figure is inexplicable.  I think it's safe to say retail isn't sore on him the way it was Tatooine Luke at one point.  I'm not buying this, because I know Hasbro will go back to him, again, as soon as they come with another pilot body to kit bash him from.   ::)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2005, 11:01 AM »

At least it's not a limited Target exclusive.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2005, 02:24 PM »
Is a limited Target exclusive any more worse than an overpriced SWS.com exclusive? :P
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2005, 01:50 PM »
At least you can order Wedge from home. So, in that aspect I could see it being better.  With Target you have to first find a DCPI number, 2nd a willing employee to go in the back to get it for you, 3rd the store has to physically have it, 4th the employee can actually locate the box it is in. 

Or stand in line an hour before the store opens, get a ticket, and hope they have it there for you :)

Offline Stim

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2005, 06:03 PM »
Looks like starwarsshop.com finallly updated with the new figure...

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2005, 12:02 PM »
I have to say i still like exclsuives like this, con exclusives still annoy me though. As long as everyone has a shot at it, much like this one, i say why not. I just wish it was a little more obscure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 3, 2005, 06:25 AM »

Wedge has shown up on eBay!  It seem strange that the card appears to be done in the style of the Original Trilogy Collection with its squared bubble, rather than the expected The Saga Collection that would have a more rounded shape, as shown here.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 3, 2005, 07:05 AM »
Why is the falcon the background image for the card?
Its almost the same as the General Lando and regular Han both of those have the falcon as the cardback background.
I thought they could do the rebel hanger bay or something!!!! >:( >:( >:(
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 3, 2005, 09:43 AM »
I am so stoked that he includes the propper helmet now!
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 3, 2005, 11:23 AM »
I'm kinda on the fence as to whether or not I want this figure... as an opener, I already made this figure by customizing a Dutch Vander.  Just removed his head and added the Wedge head.  I suppose my helmet on mine isn't accurate though.

:P

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #74 on: October 3, 2005, 11:28 AM »
I am so stoked that he includes the propper helmet now!

ditto!  And, I'm still glad that this figure got changed from that original plan of just re-releasing the first PotF2 Wedge. 

I'd love to see a 2006 Internet Figure for Biggs using the same set-up - Dutch Vandar Body w/Biggs head and removable helmet!   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender