Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Figures  (Read 279601 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: LOTR Trilogy Figures
« Reply #1080 on: March 3, 2005, 02:29 PM »
Lots of hi-res images of upcoming LOTR figures over at the Green Dragon.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1081 on: March 3, 2005, 10:30 PM »
Lucked into finding some more for my brother tonight...  Coronation Elrond, Gimli, and Arwen.  I got the Isengard Orc for myself, and there's an Elendil figure that if my brother doesn't take I'm gladly gonna take...  Not sure if he needs him.

Just hope I can find a Shelob sometime soon...  Or I'll just wait for the multi-pack she's in I guess.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 4, 2005, 03:09 AM »
I saw a Shelob today for $4.88. I could try to grab tomorrow.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #1083 on: March 4, 2005, 08:18 AM »
That's ok Ook, but thanks.  Just gonna hope to get the multi-pack if worse comes to worse...  It's one of the few figures I definitely want for myself and know my brother wants of course since he collects everything.

I'm pondering how I'll get him a NECA Balrog...   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1084 on: April 8, 2005, 02:25 PM »
Dang, I forgot to post that I found ROTK Sam and Frodo Mt Doom, Gothmog and Eye of Sauron on Wednesday at TRU!  Nice looking stuff, I have not opened them yet though

The next FOTR wave should also be out fairly soon here

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: April 8, 2005, 02:31 PM »
Congrats on the find Scott.  Its been pretty quiet on the LOTR front lately, but I guess that is to be expected.  I'm pretty much happy with what I have for figures, I don't have room for much more, but the Eye of Sauron is kind of tempting to me for some reason.  How do the figures all look?  From the pics I've seen the Frodo and Sam aren't too bad either.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1086 on: April 8, 2005, 02:37 PM »
They are nice.  I dig the dirty look of Sam and Frodo.  Gothmog is the winner of the group.  I'm not exactly sure why they waited for the last ROTK wave to finally do him but it was worth the wait.  I bought the Eye as well, not sure why because the scale is almost silly (probably the most out of scale figure of all time actually) but it looked pretty neat.  I passed on Legolas since I already have like 6 of them, most in the same outfit.  That is the one frustrating thing about LOTR collecting, the subtle costume changes that happen during the films make it difficult to tell what is new and what isn't.

I will probably buy the upcoming Council Legolas, possibly Strider and Dark Galadriel from FOTR and probably Balrog Gandalf and Aged Theoden.  What was shown at Toy Fair for LOTR?  I sort of didn't even look at anything for that  :-[

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: April 8, 2005, 02:40 PM »
I don't remember too much from Toy Fair either, I think it was a fairly subdued showing overall.  Toy Biz has redone their various web pages, and the LOTR does have some updates on it.  The "Epic Trilogy" collection figures are listed under ROTK.  Other than that, it looks like lots of gift packs.

Edit:  Here's the photo gallery from LOTRGuide.com's coverage of Toy Fair:  LOTR Toy Biz Gallery
« Last Edit: April 8, 2005, 02:43 PM by mosnab »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #1088 on: April 9, 2005, 03:53 PM »
I bet I'll have to wait for Sam Goody to bail me out again, since now there's so many Birthday Bilbos and Queen Arwens hanging on the pegs at Wal-Mart, and TRU and Target don't bother anymore with this line.

At least these will be the last couple of series, at least for me.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: April 12, 2005, 01:33 PM »
Some updated pics at toybiz for the LOTR stuff.  Nothing you haven't probably seen, but some of the box sets are pretty nice.

clicky here
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: April 12, 2005, 02:52 PM »
The Final Battle set looks sweet, mostly because I don't have an Attack Troll yet.  :(

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: April 15, 2005, 04:45 PM »
The Green Dragon has HI-RES pics up of the Epic Trilogy assortment, straight from Toy Biz.  You can check them out on their front page HERE, or visit their photo archives HERE.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: April 29, 2005, 05:56 PM »
Picked up Galadriel Entranced, Gothmog, and the Eye of Sauron at Suncoast today. I considered buying the Mount Doom Frodo and Sam, Council Legolas, and Weathertop Strider, but since I lost my job, I decided to pass on them since I need to watch the spending.

They also had the Pelennor Fields gift set, which looked pretty cool.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 12, 2005, 08:59 AM »
Forgot to mention that I found the Pelennor Fields and Lothlorien gift packs last night at TRU.  Whichever one has five figures was $49.99, the other was $39.99 so basically $100 after taxes.  Same as $80 US.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #1094 on: May 12, 2005, 09:02 AM »
I'm looking for a Galadriel Entranced still.  I found the FOTR Wave a couple of times but she was already gone :-\

I'll probably eventually get the Pelennor and Lothlorien sets.  Maybe from Amazon