Author Topic: Hunting Season: A Vator/Diddly Squat Production  (Read 3416 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hunting Season: A Vator/Diddly Squat Production
« on: August 5, 2005, 02:56 AM »
Well, I found a few more old pictures yesterday that didn't really have a story...so I proposed to Travis that we make this a joint, stand alone, story. After a little confusion, we got the brainstorming process underway and made a bridge to both of our photonovels (The Sith Revelations and The United) that also hypes up some future happenings in both of them. We hope you enjoy!

========================================================
In a stunning move, the heros of the New Republic have been captured by the forces of the Imperial Remanent. Across the Galaxy, the forces of the new Dark Lord seek to capture or kill key leaders of the New Republic in order to bring the new government to its knees.
On Nal Salio, the venerable General Fahadin is besieged by a horde of white-clad drones. Can he defend against these would be conquerors?

Imperial troops land just outfront of a New Republic compound during the midnight hour. Snipers begin their work from atop the building.

Ever dutiful, the Imperials continue to set up their equipment, despite great peril.

Soon, New Republic regulars rush out to meet the invaders...only to be supressed by superior numbers.

And yet such is the nature of war; the defenders gain an advantage threw exploiting a weakness in the Imperial lines just in time for General Fahadin to escape.
=======================================================
*Note: General Fahadin and the fate of the Galaxy...
After fighting along side General Windu during the liberation of Nal Salio, Fahadin would lead an insurgency against the Imperial occupation of his planet. When war broke out on Kobarra, Fahadin found himself compelled to help his former enemies in light of recent perils.
After joining the Rebel Alliance, Fahadin would return to Nal Salio to topple the Imperial Garrison once and for all. Nal Salio was one of the first planets to join the New Republic and Fahadin became a celebrity among the denizens of the New Republic.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Hunting Season: A Vator/Diddly Squat Production
« Reply #1 on: August 5, 2005, 06:17 AM »
I liked it! There were some things I think needed fixing but overall it is good. I'll break this up into pros and cons for you.

PROS

You have got some really good shots there. I really like the shot of the wookiee destroying that stormtrooper. :) You have an impressive army, I like the Stormie with the bazoka in the first shot. And it is cool how you snuck a McQuarrie Trooper in there.  :) The overhead shot of the carnage is cool too.

You have some nice looking customs in there. I'm not sure why the one guy has an orange vest, but it is kinda cool looking. I like the wookiee too. It is nice to see the stormtrooper hadn't abandoned the color ranking system entirely, though it looks like it made that captain a bit of a target. ;)

CONS

That dang timestamp. I wish you could have gotten rid of it, I found it little bit distracting.

The length. It was too short I know you guys were going for a little short story but I think that it could have been fleshed out a bit more, maybe we could see the place prior to landing or see a shot of  Fahadin deploying the troops as the New Republic evacuated. I think a few more little scenes could have helped a lot.

Overall it's good, but like I said need a few changes. Nice job guys. :)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2005, 12:31 AM by Sith Lord Chaos »
"This is the way."

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 5, 2005, 07:05 AM »
First off, thanks and I agree with pretty much everything you said, but-
You've got to understand though that these pics are old! I mean, I'm talking different house, camera and furniture, so naturally I'd be unable to further show the battle...although I'm not so sure I won't revist the shots in the future, in some form atleast.

(And yeah, I probably should have edited that timestrip)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2005, 09:58 AM »
Nice effort I like the story idea, but I would've liked to see some more.

Maybe you could work on backdrops instead of furniture as a setting so you could use older pics in the future.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2005, 03:58 PM »
It's fun and cool to see so many troops.  My favorite was the Sandtrooper with the bazooka.

:P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 5, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Maybe you could work on backdrops instead of furniture as a setting so you could use older pics in the future.

I think you'll appreciate some upcoming parts of The United then.  ;)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 5, 2005, 05:46 PM »
We used old pics because this was a test to see if these crossover novels would work. Vator and I plan on doing more of these in the future, but we wanted to post a few pics, make up a backstory, and see what the overall reaction was.

Since everything seems to be positive, it looks like we are A-OK to proceed. :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks