Author Topic: Customs of Us  (Read 64252 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Group Project 8 - Customs of Us
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2005, 10:17 AM »
Thanks guys,

Gregor, Airbrushing wasnt hard, i used to do it back in the late 80's early 90's when hip-hopers were wearing painted jeans and jean jackets.

So since i have a box full of paint from then ( and no they werent dried up!!??)  i figured that would be faster than bleaching, then dying...

SO i was using what i had, verses going and buying stuff to do it.

Meta, Thats what i thought also, that the clothes were worn, so i left some of the creases like that. But now that i think of it, it would be the reverse. The creases stay dark and the rest of the fabric wears out. But it works for me as is.

Phurby, It could happen... some of the best jedi have been turned... :) After i get the sculpt perfect, i may do a Dark version... Who knows.  My wife wants me to make her now.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 10:17 AM by Glassman6 »

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
  • i'm the monster's mother...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 1, 2005, 12:51 AM »
first of all thanks for the nice words about my Biker hubby everyone  :)

Gregorbian, all i did was cut the tabs on the chest armor and poke holes in it to sew it together. i can't sew too well myself either, but i borrowed some curved needles from my mother and those are a life saver for sewing armor on 12" troopers. any fabric store should have them for around $2-3 a pack. the jumpsuit fit the Dragon body fine. it's very tight on the bulky Hasbro body, but it should be more loose like a jumpsuit, not spandex-y if you know what i mean. i also sewed the diaper to the jumpsuit to keep it up higher where it should be - more movie accurate again. the holster is easy to cut off the tabs and epoxy to the boot, just use rubberbands to hold it in place while drying so it will keep its shape. don't be intimidated by the sewing, maybe you could get your girlfriend to help too  ;)

Glassman, your 12" Jedi looks great. i really like the airbrushing on the robes and the blue stands out nicely instead of the old brown/tan every other Jedi has.

welp, i was hoping to have WIP pics to show you guys but due to a series of unfortunate events, i am back to square one. i decided to go with a Jedi Leia EU body and a GI Joe Scarlett head (courtesy of DD - thanks again!) Scarlett was just so "well-endowed" that the chestburster could barely be seen  :P
so i went to the Leia body and i managed to ruin it with the Dremel. i was working on it this afternoon when the doorbell rang and it startled me and the Dremel slipped and score one ruined Leia body and a cut finger. today just wasn't my day for customs, and i was trying to hurry on getting the custom more put together for pics. but its ok, i found another Leia on flee-bay so i'll pick her up & start over. i learned a lot from my sculpting mistakes in the meantime so i am anxious to get the new body and begin again. suffice to say it's been a long day, but everything happens for a reason and i am ok now.

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 1, 2005, 01:34 PM »
Glad to hear you are OK.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 1, 2005, 02:52 PM »
thanks tijuanajedi  :) its not a bad cut on my finger, i've cut it worse with an xacto blade before actually. i'm a bit of a clutz sometimes i'm afraid.  :-X

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 1, 2005, 02:54 PM »
i managed to ruin it with the Dremel

If I had a buck for every time I've ruined something with the Dremel, I'd be a rich man. 

B

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #230 on: October 1, 2005, 08:03 PM »
If i had a buck for everytime the dremel slipped and everytime i cut my finger... I'd be able to retire....!
Well rip, better late than never. Still looking forward to seeing it finished.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 2, 2005, 12:22 AM »
So lets see, the final totals are:

Jedi Defender pulled in 7. Darth_Ripley will finish her version soon making it 8. So currently:

FFURG 4
Jedi Defender 7

I'm really pleased with the response from both forums. I think we should keep doing different group projects at both sites. What do you think?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 2, 2005, 02:29 AM »
I agree, count me in.

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 4, 2005, 06:13 PM »
Phruby I have my Jedi Scott finished and My Snoova soon to be. I am trying to snap pics and get them posted. It should only be about another week or so. The Librarys arouind here close at about 5:00, and since this is the only computer access I have its been a little tough to get them downloaded. :( But I think they are the best work Ive ever done.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 4, 2005, 09:12 PM »
Fantastic!  I'm so glad you made these figures. I can't wait to see them.

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
« Reply #235 on: October 5, 2005, 11:20 AM »
Now folks, thats dedication.... Looking Forward to seeing them Darth E.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 7, 2005, 10:37 AM »
I can't wait to see darth_ripley's chest buster.

Wait a minute that sounded dirty.

Offline darth_ripley

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 8, 2005, 12:51 AM »
I can't wait to see darth_ripley's chest buster.

Wait a minute that sounded dirty.

LOL Phruby!

my figure should be coming anyday now...finally got one off of flea-bay & i can't wait to get it all done too!

in the meantime, i just finished up my Elite Mygeeto Clone & have a soft goods Obi-Wan Clone General in the works too. i caved in and bought the Jedi vs. Seperatists battle pack since the only Asajj I had was from the animated series and heck there was a lot of good fodder in there!

i'll start a thread of all the customs i have done so far later this month. i am really busy right now with having to sell some things on Ebay (no, none of my customs - not yet anyways) to help pay for my husband's $1400 dentist bill - OUCH! as well as some car repairs too.

i will get this custom finished though, i promise  :)

Offline Darth_Ennis

• Jedi Padawan
  • The beatings will continue until morale improves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 4, 2006, 12:31 PM »
Well, Better late than never right. Heres my entry for the group project from August or September, I dont remember which. ;D

He sure is one handsome devil. Let me know what you guys think. Everyone I show it too says the resemblence is eerie.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 4, 2006, 12:37 PM »
It is errie! Where did you find that head? Your hair is a little darker thought but everything looks just about right. I forgot you were working on this guy. It's good to finally see him. You need to send this to Jason over at ffurg to have him put it in the group projects page. jason@ffurg.com