Author Topic: Smartypants update 6/24/07 Sith lord  (Read 67113 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Smartypants update saturday 1/13
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2007, 10:05 PM »
Quote from Yakfinities thread at YAK. The theme for the month was Dark Jedi

Ok I made mine, technically hes a "sith" but i dont really think theres a whole lotta difference. I havnt come up with a name, Maybe Darth Marauder. Hes the Foil to Ra'an in my story line.

Close up on his face.

Showdown.

LMK what you all think[/quote]

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Smartypants update saturday 1/27
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2007, 10:23 PM »
Smartypants, very nice job.  I don't do customs, but your Darth Marauder looks very cool.  I certainly don't want to meet him in a dark alley at night.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 28, 2007, 03:53 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D Nice!! 8) 8)
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 28, 2007, 08:12 PM »
I like his shoulder armor especially, and the paint scheme is well-done.  The face I'm not sure about yet...are those tattoos?  Maybe sand the black down a bit so it's not so pronounced, but that's just my opinion.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Smartypants update 4/15/06
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2007, 11:14 PM »
Hey everyone well I got some sculpting done last week. A revised Advosec and a Selkath. Let me know what you think.
PS these are clay masters painted up. not the final resin casts(my mold making supplies died on the shelf, and i only had used 1/3rd of it :x )

Also check out some of my latest over at Yakface :P

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Smartypants update 4/15/07 Head sculpts
« Reply #290 on: April 17, 2007, 12:04 PM »
Smarty, Dude, these sculpts are fantastic. Advosec is very well done, and the paint job is excellent.
I can make more details out in that picture than i can in the Selkath, but both look great.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #291 on: April 17, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Looks great!
Too bad the molding supplies died.
Wonder if you can still make molds of the painted heads without ruining the paint? I know sometimes my mold making material strips paint off, but not often.
Out of curiosity, where did the Advosec origionate? Was one in Mos Eisely Cantina?
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Ruprecht

• Jedi Initiate
  • Yes I did say it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 17, 2007, 07:26 PM »
Erectile Dysfunction?  Try Advosec.

Rectal Bleeding?  Try Advosec.

I jest due to my ignorance.  Never heard of Advosec, but I do take Prilosec!

The Advosec looks kind of like a hairless Ewok, I think it's just the big eyes and nose.  Great job, as I am not ballsy enough to try faces yet.

The Selkath is by far my favorite.  The head shape is spot on, and the skin makes it look like it jumped out of KOTOR.  Nice job Smarty.  A guy your age producing this quality work is really amazing.  When I was your age, I was rocking out to Winger and Metallica, worried about keeping my mullet at the required 10/90 ratio.  Just remember us little guys when you're working for the big H.

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #293 on: April 17, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Out of curiosity, where did the Advosec origionate? Was one in Mos Eisely Cantina?

The Advosec Named Bom Vimdin was in fact a cantina patron. I dunno if he was seen in ANH but I know he was in holiday special.

The Selkath is by far my favorite.  The head shape is spot on, and the skin makes it look like it jumped out of KOTOR.  Nice job Smarty.  A guy your age producing this quality work is really amazing.  When I was your age, I was rocking out to Winger and Metallica, worried about keeping my mullet at the required 10/90 ratio.  Just remember us little guys when you're working for the big H.

Thanks Ruprecht, Thats a Big compliment. I dunno If I will ever work for Hasblow but maybe do a bit of freelance stuff on the side :P haha I must say that the Selkath is my favorite aswell. I like it alot.

Oh BTW these both took anywhere from an hour to 2 and half to produce these heads like I do. Of course, they are no where near in detail like a figures or JMB's but I think IF I got into wax casting and sculpting, I could do even more detail once I got the hang of it. But that may just be my ego talking haha.

Adam

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #294 on: April 20, 2007, 09:01 PM »
Might have a few more this weekend :P

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #295 on: May 27, 2007, 08:35 PM »
Heres one that I just finished yesterday night, painting outside, when its getting dark is not the best way to paint, and was surprised there wern't any goof ups or blotches on him. This is a Redux of my Nautolan Jedi. The upper body remained the same, but I assembled the lower body out of the original base figure with the help of some DSG lower legs to give it some articulation.

He has all the points of articulation except the waist, the way he is assembled required me to glue him together. But I believe this version is superior.

First without tunic

Next with the tunic

adam

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Smartypants update 5/27/07 figure Redux
« Reply #296 on: June 2, 2007, 10:26 AM »
Bizump ???

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 2, 2007, 10:36 AM »
The Nautolan is very unique, nice work! I like the removable tunic idea.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #298 on: June 5, 2007, 11:41 AM »
thanks RBQ

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #299 on: June 24, 2007, 11:59 PM »
Update!!! I finally found the head I wanted for my Dark lord of the sith, and I picked his body up 2 weeks ago! Thank you Hawkeye for the Gung ho head, it wouldn't have been possible with out you.

Darth Marauder:
Darth Marauder is the leader of the Sith, after the Sith imperial wars ended. Only a few of Darth Kraytes members had survived. They retreated into deep uncharted space. Here over the past 300 years, the sith have been biding their time. Darth Marauder, a young and powerful sith lord, recently took control of the Sith. His ambitions are great, and his strategy flawless. The Galactic Alliance WILL fall.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 12:04 AM by Smartypants1635 »