Author Topic: RotS DVD 3-Packs!  (Read 25414 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: RotS DVD 3-Packs!
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2005, 08:56 PM »
The figures are identical, I have no need to have a set of 3-packs opened.

But the Clones aren't identical, are they Peter?  I was thinking I would need to get an opener of those, unless I'm mistaken...  No?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2005, 06:19 AM »
*sigh*

You're right Matt. The clone set does contain different figures than anything else we've seen so far.

Well crap.

I guess I am going to need to get two of at least the clone set.

Well - if it's any consolation, at our local WalMart stores the day the DVDs have come out, the past two sets were VERY easy to get.

The Clone Set was easier since there were only two, but with OT DVD set was odd 'cause some stores only received two different ones so it meant having to go to two stores to get all three.

Here's hoping the distribution is balanced and if you hit a WalMart at 7AM on November 1st there is a good number of all three (although, if they go heavy on the Clones, that would be smart)

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2005, 11:16 AM »
Galactic Hunter has a preview up of the first of the DVD 3 packs, the one including Mace, Obi-Wan, and Anakin.  The figures that are said to be included are the Episode I Sneak Preview Mace Windu, the Battle Arenas Anakin Skywalker, and the Mustafar Playset Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2005, 11:29 AM »
Does anyone else think that the artwork for this set is better that the actual movie poster?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2005, 02:24 AM »
These POS sets showwed up here tonight. They were an easy pass for me. The figures look horrible. The packaging is OK but there is way to much white, they should of had some kind of insert in the tray. The clones are just the Deluxe Clone 3-pack with some random gold lines on them. And the paint app on Obi-Wan's face is terrible.
"This is the way."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2005, 03:07 AM »
I picked them up tonite at my local WM. No, I won't be fighting to get these later on ebay( for 10$ an easy take).

Bring on the clone wars DVD release figs ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2005, 09:41 AM »
Aghhhh! I hate when stores break the release dates. All it takes is one scalper to figure it out and I've already heard two guys here say that they will grab every clone pack they see. >:(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2005, 10:33 AM »
Anthony...start worrying...Well my store only had 3 cases-(18 units-6 clones) I hope they get more than that or a reshipment or these are gonna suck to get

SilverZ

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2005, 01:19 PM »
Heyguys, were these sitting on the shelves in the toy aisle like normal figures or somewhere else? Its just odd that these didn't show up on the big DVD palettes like the previous 3-pack exclusives.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2005, 01:43 PM »
Heyguys, were these sitting on the shelves in the toy aisle like normal figures or somewhere else? Its just odd that these didn't show up on the big DVD palettes like the previous 3-pack exclusives.

I'm sure what happened is when they got them in, the stockers, who can't read which is why they work at Wal Mart, couldn't figure out what they were for, so they put them in the toy isle.

Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

SilverZ

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2005, 01:48 PM »
It just sucks if they aren't arriving on those palettes. I was really looking forward to these not being an extra headache to track down, and now they may be.

Damn illiterates.

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2005, 03:13 PM »
The ones I bought were put out on the SW island. 

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2005, 03:35 PM »
I still haven't decided on the clone trooper pack--I'm waiting to see just how lame they look in person before I make my decision.

Easy pass on the other two.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2005, 04:52 PM »
I opened the cases to find em. THey were sitting on palletes next to the DVD island though, so I assume that's where they go.
"This is the way."

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2005, 06:08 PM »
honestly they all suck, but for $10 mind as well get the Clone pack since its another repaint of the Clone 3 pack  ::)