Author Topic: Target's "Attack on Coruscant" Clone 5-pack  (Read 37570 times)

Offline Xander

• Jedi Initiate
  • She-mantis, Ampata, Anya…a true demon magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Target's "Attack on Coruscant" Clone 5-pack
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2005, 07:13 AM »
With the sale at Target, I bit and bought this for $17.99.  Looking at it, its well worth it to have this many clones for the price.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2005, 09:13 AM »
I was amazed, last Wednesday I was at Target and it had the new endcap set up with all the Star Wars exclusives.  They had plenty of the Lava figures, at least 5-6 of the Clone Battle Packs, several Plo Koon Starfighters, etc.  Stopped by there yesterday morning (after oral surgery, woo hoo), and all the Lava figures were gone, clone packs completely gone, and 1 Plo Koon fighter on the shelf.  I was a little surprised all those lava figs sold, unless they took them in back during their sale or something.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2005, 10:03 AM »
With the sale at Target, I bit and bought this for $17.99.  Looking at it, its well worth it to have this many clones for the price.

You're lucky, these aren't supposed to be on sale. None of the Target exclusives are except the TIE.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2005, 10:17 AM »

You're lucky, these aren't supposed to be on sale. None of the Target exclusives are except the TIE.

You sure?  They're on sale in my neck of the woods, at multiple Targets.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2005, 11:35 AM »

Mike which Target you finding these figs?  Mine has not put out the exclusives or the Clone 5-pack.  The employees in my area are not cooperative at all when asked to look for them.

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #155 on: October 20, 2005, 11:40 AM »

I've been to a few Targets around the twin cities and they are all different.  ::)

- Some Targets have NO exclusives on sale (cases, TIEs, Mustafar, Clone 5-pack)
- Some Targets have EVERYTHING on sale (including the exclusives)
- Some Targets have "selected" items on sale

It's really strange.  Some Targets have the Collector Cases on sale, others don't.  Some have the Clone 5-packs on sale, others don't.  it appears to be a totally regional random thing (probably based on sales or some other random metric).   :-\

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 20, 2005, 11:45 AM »

Mike which Target you finding these figs?  Mine has not put out the exclusives or the Clone 5-pack.  The employees in my area are not cooperative at all when asked to look for them.

Woburn and Danvers, both within the last two days.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 20, 2005, 01:11 PM »

I've been to a few Targets around the twin cities and they are all different.  ::)

- Some Targets have NO exclusives on sale (cases, TIEs, Mustafar, Clone 5-pack)
- Some Targets have EVERYTHING on sale (including the exclusives)
- Some Targets have "selected" items on sale

It's really strange.  Some Targets have the Collector Cases on sale, others don't.  Some have the Clone 5-packs on sale, others don't.  it appears to be a totally regional random thing (probably based on sales or some other random metric).   :-\

Wow, I better check all my Targets then.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2005, 05:06 PM »
So I just picked up this set and I'm pretty disappointed. I knew going in that the grey Clones were the Deluxe Clonetrooper mold, I just didn't realize how bad they were. The packaging certainly hides their flaws, I was able to get past the odd ball hips they have that make them look bow-legged, but then I opened the box up and took a grey Clone out and it was all downhill from there. I was going to look past the lack of ball joints at the shoulders and elbows, but then I find that the left elbow has no joint at all, it's just stuck in one position. Then the wrists have no articulation and the coup-de-grac (sp?), the Clone can't hold his blaster in the right hand! The hand is so open, the blaster falls right out! Bah what a load of crap! Had this set been made with the #41 or even the #6 Clone molds, I would easily have bought a couple of these sets, but I had a hard time making a decision at the store to get one. I should have listened to that voice in my head saying not to buy it, but I bit the bullet and figured it couldn't be all that bad. I was wrong.... Now I'm contemplating returning it to the store for a refund, this shoulda been a sure hit....  >:(
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2005, 12:03 AM »
The Battle Packs weren't on sale at any of the Targets around me either.  I've bought two of these and might pick up one or two more.  It's a pretty good set for the price, even if it is generic.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2005, 01:30 AM »
I agree with your disappointment Jason, but the price makes it worth it to me...  If I could find those supposed all-troop sets I'd likely cave and buy one or two more actually, but all my area stores have the Bacara in them.

I hate that sculpt as much as the next guy though, and if this was more than $20 I'd probably have bought my set begrudgingly.  The troopers are ok, but there's such BETTER sculpts available that they kinda feel like a letdown.  Even the #6 sculpt's vastly superior IMO.  I wish they'd have used that since it seems to met hat they sure as **** aren't using it to make Red Shocktroopers given that I've yet to see one of those damn things.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline rishakra

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2005, 07:23 AM »
I LOVE this set ! :D  I have 3 and my army is even more vast & for a decent price too!  Since I have so many I can't "play" with most so the lack of articulation doesn't bother me.  I'm just glad they can hold their weapons in a two handed pose.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2005, 01:40 PM »
  Even the #6 sculpt's vastly superior IMO.  I wish they'd have used that since it seems to met hat they sure as **** aren't using it to make Red Shocktroopers given that I've yet to see one of those damn things.

Jesse- check your PM's

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #163 on: October 29, 2005, 04:11 AM »
I agree with your disappointment Jason, but the price makes it worth it to me...  If I could find those supposed all-troop sets I'd likely cave and buy one or two more actually, but all my area stores have the Bacara in them.

I hate that sculpt as much as the next guy though, and if this was more than $20 I'd probably have bought my set begrudgingly.  The troopers are ok, but there's such BETTER sculpts available that they kinda feel like a letdown.  Even the #6 sculpt's vastly superior IMO.  I wish they'd have used that since it seems to met hat they sure as **** aren't using it to make Red Shocktroopers given that I've yet to see one of those damn things.

I just feel that knowing what could be put into the set based on pre-existing figures, that the set just isn't worth keeping to me. I'm going to likely return it tomorrow and get my money back. Maybe use the money to pick up a few more SA Clones since they're no longer hard to find and Target has figures for under $5 now.

Really too bad, this could have been a spectacular set, instead it's just craptacular.  >:(
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #164 on: October 29, 2005, 05:05 AM »
They're still not sold out out here too...  Which surprises me.  Though there are noticeably less of them, but I only see 2 now whereas they had 5 or 6 the last time I was out to this same store, so that's odd that it seemed to take a moment to "hook" people.

Though I think the one lower traffic store I go to still has a ton of them, and Lava figures, etc., etc., etc...
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77