Author Topic: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper  (Read 53733 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper
« Reply #285 on: May 20, 2005, 03:13 AM »
-Sears Clone would only be available in the holiday season for a brief time, plus its packaging would be trashed, and thanks to their deal with KB they'd be the exact same stuff KB has.

(Or it would be a Clone in "Tough Skins"...   :D  That joke hit home for anyone here?)

-J.C. Penney Clone would only be able to be ordered through their catalogue center, and it would cost exactly 25% more than what Hasbro told them to sell it for.  This is because JCP has a 25% off sale every weekend that's touted as the biggest sale they've ever had.  (I worked there on my externship, that place is funny...  Eye-opening to a 19 year old to work there and see how they're run from the corporate level on down).

-Diamond Comics Clone would come with a "Gotcha By The Balls" feature where the Clone looked like the comic book guy from the Simpsons, and the MSRP just had ???'s beside it for the various different shop's convenience....

Oh yeah, and then it would wind up at stores like Suncoast of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 21, 2005, 12:46 AM »
SPOILERS!

Highlight to read:
Is it just me, or is this Clone usesless now? He doesn't even appear in the movie! (At least from what I saw)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #287 on: May 21, 2005, 09:32 AM »
I believe the Target Clones are the ones riding the speeder bikes during the Jedi purge.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #288 on: May 21, 2005, 10:21 AM »
No, they are from the same unit, but the Target clone is not in the movie. The clones riding the speeder bikes are Commander Neyo and his partner (lieutenant, I guess). These two have a different helmet from shocktroopers.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2005, 10:25 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 21, 2005, 02:43 PM »
No, they are from the same unit, but the Target clone is not in the movie. The clones riding the speeder bikes are Commander Neyo and his partner (lieutenant, I guess). These two have a different helmet from shocktroopers.

I really loved the design on the helmet.  This would make an excellent fig in the future.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 21, 2005, 02:57 PM »

(Or it would be a Clone in "Tough Skins"...   :D  That joke hit home for anyone here?)

Not personally but I had a good friend that had to endure tough skins.  I felt bad for him (though I might have joined in on the teasing on occasion) ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Omega Squad Commander

• Jedi Initiate
  • LatinAmerica FanForce PRJO HC * CFAPR Member
    • View Profile
Re: Target Exclusive Clone Trooper on-line for $51.38?
« Reply #291 on: June 9, 2005, 04:22 PM »
I found this at ToyPalace.com, I use to love this site for a last resorce e-tailer (I buy my Sandcrawler here, arrive almost one month early that those sale by Diamond and they give me two POTJ figures for that order), but this is insane. >:(

Note: If you ganna buy it beware of shipping, this is a German site. :-\

TheForce.net LatinAmerica FanForce Puerto Rico Jedi Outcast High Council Member
Club de Figuras de Acción de Puerto Rico

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 9, 2005, 04:26 PM »
I saw a number of these at Wizard World last weekend.  They ranged from $20 - $30.  Thanks, I got my fill.  :)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 9, 2005, 04:40 PM »
I won one of these off of ebay for $13.51 but I'm waiting for someone to leave feedback on the seller....he/she has a big fat 0 right now - I wasn't born yesterday (though some may disagree!   :-*

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 9, 2005, 05:38 PM »
I won one of these off of ebay for $13.51 but I'm waiting for someone to leave feedback on the seller....he/she has a big fat 0 right now - I wasn't born yesterday (though some may disagree!   :-*

Was it Neo_Toys? (Just kidding)  :-*
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 9, 2005, 08:02 PM »
This figure is officially considered "expanded universe."  It was not in the film, and only the film is canon.

Now, the funny thing is, with all of these I saw on the pegs over the past few weeks, I wouldn't have even bought them for $5.99!  I'm glad a non-movie expanded universe figure wound up being the exclusive so I didn't have to bend over and take it up the poop chute from Target.

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #296 on: June 9, 2005, 11:48 PM »
Eh, I still consider the figure one of Neyo's grunts.

On Utapau, there were grunts with both style helmets:

The "medic" Clone has the Neyo style helmet.

I just figure the same was true for Neyo - that is, he had some of these Target Clones off doing something else while he was tracking down and killing Stass with the other style helmet clones...  :P

Either that, or it's entirely possible that Hasbro got the color sceme and then LFL changed the helmet style after the fact.  It isn't the first time that we got a figure that was slightly different then what we saw on the screen.

Personally, I'm not too worked up about it and I actually like the figure.   :)

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2005, 12:01 AM »

Personally, I'm not too worked up about it and I actually like the figure.   :)

Well said.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #298 on: June 10, 2005, 12:46 AM »
That's my point of view too Jeff, that they're the footsoldiers Neyo's got under him...  Whether they're there or not will forever remain a mystery.  They make a nice figure, just a pisspoor price.  I'd take a 3-pack of them for $15 (tucked into the small vehicle assortment or something...  Maybe a special base?) even...

Right now my little "team" are busting in to help my whites out, who've become overrun by a droid assault force.  It looks like Custer's Last Stand, but if he'd been smart enough to wait till some reinforcements were in semi-close proximity.  ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 10, 2005, 02:45 AM »
I have 2 of these things, one of which is dead, the other about to be pile-driven (pile-drived?) by a Wookiee. I'd love a Neyo figure (in a normal package for a fair price). But in the meantime, they serve under my clone commander; hey, they both have RED on them. :P

Of course, we're all complete tools for even considering this purchase.