Author Topic: Storing Loose Figs  (Read 33593 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Storing Loose Figs
« on: April 7, 2003, 01:17 PM »
I use Plano Tackle Boxes to store my loose figures.  It is sweet cause you can adjust the height of the slots and keep the weapons below each figure.  They harken back to the days of the vintage cases...

Offline Depmode

• Jedi Initiate
  • Utinni!
    • View Profile
Re: Storing Loose Figs
« Reply #1 on: April 7, 2003, 01:41 PM »
how cute and useful.

James
DepmodeETS@aol.com
AIM: DepmodeETS
My lego collection: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Depmode

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 7, 2003, 02:49 PM »
All of my loose figs are in individual Ziploc bags and then placed in Rubbermaid containers (the shallow ones, about 12" deep) and then are stored in the closet in the spare bedroom.  I have absolutely no room for any of my collection and most of it's packed away.  This way they're out of light, smoke (wife smokes), and no weapons and accessories get lost.  
Common sense isn't so common

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 7, 2003, 03:19 PM »
Hey OCB (does that stand for Old Country Buffet?) where do you get those tackle boxes?
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 7, 2003, 03:30 PM »
Hey OCB (does that stand for Old Country Buffet?) where do you get those tackle boxes?

Whoa boy, did you just open a can of worms.  ;)  

I'll let Scott (OCB) explain.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: April 7, 2003, 04:14 PM »
Nope, my name doesn't stand for Old Country Buffett  :P

I can link you to our username thread though...

http://www.jedidefender.com/yabbse/index.php?board=28;action=display;threadid=642

I get them at Wal Mart but I'm not sure if Plano still makes this case.  They are in the Sporting Good section though
« Last Edit: April 7, 2003, 04:15 PM by OCB »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: April 7, 2003, 09:29 PM »
Just curious here... why do you "store" your loose figures?  Wouldn't you want them out for display purposes?  If you don't need those Stormies let me know and we could work out a deal.

;)
dustrho

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2003, 12:36 AM »
I stored my old loose figures in a bonfire at the age of 15 (prime pyro days). Melted them into a big blob of Kenner plastic and I still have nightmares about it!

Otherwise I'm in dustro's boat... I display them. I assume that OCB has this profoundly emmense collection and not enough room to display them. Or he's currently in the process of cloning an army of ICMGs (notice he conveniently has ICMG on a stand in the image) and doesn't want to get plastic shavings and dust on his nice and clean troopers...
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: April 8, 2003, 03:57 PM »
Kind of, having recently moved I needed a way to store the stuff while in storage and in transit.  I also have 100+ figs just waiting to be customized and extra versions of Vader and Maul that don't have homes in my display.  Just an easy way to keep it all together  Plus if you play with you stuff you need a way to put them away when you are done :-*

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2003, 03:42 AM »
My loose figures are on Real Stands on a shelf. My last 17 figures & rare ones are in a cherry wood display case with a mirror backing & a nice glass front.

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #10 on: January 3, 2004, 12:34 AM »
I have a few of my loose figures in hard plastic boxes that are just the right size for 3 3/4" figures.  I don't know what the boxes were made for, but my husband had a few and I put them to good use. :)  The others are in snack sized Ziplock bags -- just the right size for a figure and weapon.  The backcards are stored separately in a box (yep, I opened my figures and saved the backs, for the pictures, going right back to my 12-back Luke and Vader, the first figures I ever owned.  I even same some of the blisters and those little bits of cardboard the figures stood on).  Someday I hope to package the backcards together with the figures and their blisters and their little pieces of cardboard, either in clamshell packs or larger baggies.

Auriette
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline stormtripper

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 3, 2004, 02:39 AM »
I have loose figures everywhere, there is no rhyme or reason. I have figures in my bathroom, living room, in with my sons toys, in drawers, in buckets, in my tool boxes, crates and even in a christmas fruitcake box :P. I have 4 display cabinets full, they have 3 shelves each and each shelf has around 30-50 figures. Its actually pretty organized, now that I think about it  ;D

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • The one who dies with the most dioramas, WINS.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com, the news that gets you the toys.
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2004, 09:38 AM »
I display my 400+ figures in dioramas, and on shelf units. My Cantina diorama has 70 or more figures in it, and my Geonosian setup has about the same. 140+ figures in two dioramas, and they look sweet in their natural suroundings. The rest are scattered throughout smaller dioramas, and shelf displays.  The whole setup really impresses people when they first see it. This just goes to show, you do'nt have to be a carded collector to be cool. ;)

Get loose with your figs. ;D

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 2, 2004, 05:36 PM »
Geonosian setup has about the same.

....must...show...pictures. *Is a sucker for Genosian Scenes*

I keep mine loose, and falling on floor when a certain Clone decides to adjust my shelves. :-X

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2004, 01:46 AM »
I used to just throw them into shoebox-sized palstic boxes and put the accessories in another box altogether. Now I'm in the process of putting them into Ziploc bags with their accessories, and putting them into some better storage. I have no room to display them all, so they spend a lot of time in storage.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk