Author Topic: Indiana Jones 4 - The Movie  (Read 84065 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: "George Lucas to direct Indy IV"
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2006, 01:31 PM »
Wow I just read that article and Lucas is making the SW TV show in 3D with the 3 D glasses and everything :-X that will suck unless its the good 3 D where you dont see the outline of red and blue on everything, like what you see at Disney amusement parks "Like the Honey I shrunk the kids" 3D film at disneyland it looks real becasue it doesnt have a stupid red and blue outline.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: April 5, 2006, 02:53 AM »
"This is the way."

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: April 5, 2006, 03:42 AM »
Hmmmm, it says this page cannot be found...
"This is the way."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #48 on: April 5, 2006, 03:53 AM »
Hmmmm, it says this page cannot be found...

Well, apparently they weren't joking about the "put it on your Flickr account" business.  Like I said, it wasn't that good anyway, so I'll just delete the whole kit-and-caboodle and in a hundred years this won't make a lick of sense to anybody.

Continued apologies for the red x.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2006, 12:21 PM »
Star Wars and Indiana Jones 4 Updates

Howard Roffman, president of Lucas Licensing, said the Lucasfilm division also will be looking for licensing partners for the summer 2007 release of a new "Indiana Jones" video game from LucasArts and the summer 2008 release of a new "Indiana Jones" movie.

2008!

If they film it next summer, Ford will be 65. 

(Well, he'll be 65 next summer, whether they film it or not, won't he?)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2006, 12:44 PM »
How old was he supposed to be as the old professor in the Young Indy TV series?  Maybe he'll lose an eye in the 2008 film.   ;D

Ford can still pull off 50 with no problem.  But who knows if he can pull off a fight scene.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2006, 12:55 PM »
Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Ancient Nursing Home.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2006, 01:11 PM »
If Sean Connery Returns he would have to be like 85-90 in the film ???  To quote a famous SW line: "I have a bad feeling about this"

The only good I see possibly coming out of this is the licensing.  Hopefully we will get a new line of Indy figs to cover all the movies.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2006, 02:11 PM »
The only good I see possibly coming out of this is the licensing.  Hopefully we will get a new line of Indy figs to cover all the movies.

At this point, I'd be happy with just a good, 3 3/4", super-articulated Indy.  Pack it with a bunch of accessories, and let SWShop sell it for $15 or $20.  I'd be in for at least one or two.

I'm convinced that, even if IJ4 happens, we'll never see a resurgence of Indy toys like we did with SW back in '95.  But then again, the Indy toys had nowhere near the popularity that the SW line enjoyed.  Why is that, I wonder?  Not that they should have done as well as SW, but they shouldn't have tanked like they did.  Maybe it's because they didn't hit stores until well after Raiders came out, and before Temple of Doom was released.  Too bad, though--I think the figures themselves were just as good, if not better, than the SW figures.  Decent likenesses for the time, good accessories, lots of soft-goods, and ARTICULATED KNEES!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2006, 02:56 PM »
At this point, I'd be happy with just a good, 3 3/4", super-articulated Indy.  Pack it with a bunch of accessories, and let SWShop sell it for $15 or $20.  I'd be in for at least one or two.

I couldn't agree more.  I hope that the movie is good as well, but I hope that we can at least get some Indiana Jones action figures out of this - hopefully in the 3 3/4" scale.  Like mentioned by Grandma Tarkin, if they could at least do an all-out, super articulated Indy figure - even if it is a $15 exclusive - I'd be all over it.  I was always surprised the vintage Indy toys weren't more successful too, heck, I don't even remember seeing them as a kid for the most part.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2006, 03:39 PM »
After further thought, I think the failure of Kenner's Indy line was probably due to Kenner's own success with Star Wars than anything else.  The Indy stuff was good, but I think it was out around '82 and '83, which was right when the Jedi stuff was coming out.  Plus, their 3 3/4" G.I. Joe line started up in '82, as well.  Competing for shelf space (and consumers' disposable income) with those two lines had to have been a tall order back then.  I think that's it--it was just a victim of bad timing, probably.

(And would it be possible for a mod to change the title of the thread, just to "Indiana Jones 4" or something?  If and when it gets made, Lucas won't be directing. . .)

(Thanks, Jeff.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 05:01 PM by Grandma Tarkin »

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2006, 02:45 PM »
Quote from: Brian link=topic=939.msg236790#msg236790
heck, I don't even remember seeing them as a kid for the most part.

I remember them being in the discount bin at KB Toys when I was a kid. They didn't have the regular Indy but I remember having multiples of the German Disguise Indy and the German Mechanic. Oh how I wish I still had those...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 02:52 PM by Madcow »

Offline Roton7

• Jedi Padawan
  • Roton, King of the Ozone
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2006, 02:59 PM »
"Honey I shrunk the kids" 3D film at disneyland it looks real becasue it doesnt have a stupid red and blue outline.

I loved that thing! :D
Yo is what yo is.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2006, 03:01 PM »
"Honey I shrunk the kids" 3D film at disneyland it looks real becasue it doesnt have a stupid red and blue outline.

I loved that thing! :D

You would. :)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Indiana Jones 4
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Seeing the preview for Rocky 18 or whatever the newest one is has actually given me great fear for Indy 4.

Harrison Ford is too damn old to be Indiana Jones.  Unless he's playing the Sean Connery roll to some other action star in this one, I'm not sure I want to see him swinging from a tree by his whip or getting into fist fights.  It might be more depressing than anything else.

I'm sure I'll still go the day it comes out, but I sincerely hope Indy is more of a treasure hunter than a swashbuckler this time around.

Got Clones?