Author Topic: ROTS - #57 and beyond  (Read 52127 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
#65 Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2005, 10:13 PM »
So does anyone want to go in on a case? Maybe we can get a case with two of each of the first six? EE or NewForce might have such a thing.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2005, 11:02 PM »
Does newforce even take pre-orders for cases anymore?  Last time I was on their site it looked like it hadn't been updated in over a year.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2005, 09:23 AM »
I'm mainly in for the clones in this final wave as well, and I fear how tough they will be to find.  I'd really like to get Gree, Bly, and the 501st trooper...and will pursue those until I get them.  A few of the others (most notable the wookiees, astromech, and possibly the holo Jedi) I will pick up if I find them at retail locally.  Hopefully everyone will be able to find those clones though, they'll be tough ones I'm sure.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2005, 09:26 AM »
Does newforce even take pre-orders for cases anymore?  Last time I was on their site it looked like it hadn't been updated in over a year.

They do look pretty pathic now. They use to be a great cheap site for cases. I guess they been having problems in the last year. However, its the only place I know of that you can buy a exclusive online Wedge for $9.99 plus $3.85 shipping.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2005, 10:16 AM »
Re: New Force,

It looks bad, but it's not really that bad.  Rick and the gang over there have made a conscious decision to hold off on a lot of the activity on full cases this year.  Being a smaller retailer, they realized that many of these figures would hit the big boys (TRU/Target/etc) before them, so they've held off.

They've said that in a movie year, it's hard for them to compete with the big boys because retail get product faster.  NewForce have put up a few of the "collector interest things" - Evolutions, BH 7-pack, Wedge, Clone Variant cases, etc.  They have even ordered a few things for me when I sent an e-mail, even though they weren't listed on the site.

They do a pretty good business with their retail stuff and then there is the "other" on-line stuff they sell - DCD, Diamond, Star Trek, etc.  I don't think they are in any financial trouble or anything, just decided to play it low key because of the movie year and the fact that orders go way down when stuff is rampantly available at retail.

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 12, 2005, 01:08 PM »
Thanks for that info Jeff. I've always like dealing with Newforce, they seem like good guys. To be honest, I thought their recent lack of activity was fallout from the passing of a family member, but it's nice to hear that they're back up and running and just playing it smart.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Tijuanajedi

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ay Chichona!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2005, 09:40 PM »
I hope the figures are not too hard, but I agree with you all expect the worst & hope for the best.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: ROTS - #57 and beyond
« Reply #232 on: September 21, 2005, 05:02 AM »
Some nice carded images of #57 to 63 at Brian's Toys.

___ III-57 - Commander Bly (III-33 yellow repaint)
___ III-58 - Wookiee Commando (Snk Prev tan repaint)
___ III-59 - Commander Gree (III-41 green repaint)
___ III-60 - Grievous' Bodyguard (III-8 white repaint)
___ III-61 - Passel Argente (SAGA repaint)
___ III-62 - Cat Miin - Shu Mai’s Aide (SAGA repaint)
___ III-63 - Nemoidian Commander (#42 silver repaint)

Clicky pic for more images

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 24, 2005, 12:34 PM »
If you haven't checked out the recent purchases, I just scored Wave 7 Collection 1, minus Gree which another collector got, but I came a cross an interesting tid bit as food for thought.

A Wal Mart manager told a friend today that on Oct 1st they are making a SW endcap and are holding on putting out new figures until then. Has anyone heard of such a game plan? I'm usually sceptical about such claims, but the context in which it came up, it sounds lagit. Thoughts?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 24, 2005, 03:51 PM »
Well I know they have a flier coming out for Wal-Mart's "Toyland" on October 1st.  The figures are supoosed to be marked down to $4.88 that day or week.  As far as every single Wal-Mart participating in endcaps with potential new figures is something that would not hurt to check out I suppose. 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 24, 2005, 07:05 PM »
The WM in my hometown finally got their first cases of the Collection 1 AT-RT Driver/Obi-Wan Pilot wave (without the Mustafar Sentry but with the Green Clone Commander), so that should tell you how far behind they are.  The even sadder thing is that out of the two cases they got, they were only able to stock one because of the metric ton of Neimoidians, Palpatines, Clone Pilots, and Wookiee Warriors on the pegs.  Where the other case went to, I have no idea, but at least the woman who was stocking let me have both Obi-Wan Pilots before she sent them into the netherworld.

So yeah, my hopes for an endcap at that particular WM are slim to none.  I hope that I'm wrong and that I walk in to see enough figures to satisfy everyone in my area (including me), but when a store still has an Arena Padme from 2002 hanging around at full price, you'll understand why I'm skeptical.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 25, 2005, 03:03 AM »
Got the new wave, and listed info at New Acq's thread, and will list part of it here.

Case number on the side is 8573A00J  and C1 W7R1 05. 

Case breaksdown as

1 Gree, 1 Bly, 1 Grevious Bodyguard (white), 1 Cat Minn, 1 Passel, 1 Wookie Commander, 1 Nemodian Bodyguard, 1 AT RT Driver, 1 Obi Wan Pilot, 1 R2 D2 #48 with sound, and 2 Darth Vaders.

"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

SilverZ

« Reply #237 on: September 25, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Well, I'm disappointed with Gree. The paint details on the camo work have been competely lost and turned to mud. The helmet is missing the white stripes that should be running along the helmet's crown. It sounds minor but I think the drop in quality from the hand painted version shown at Comic Con that this figure isn't even Gree.

Is there someone in China that hates applying white deco to green clones? This is a similar error to the helmet details missing (and then corrected) on the AT-RT Driver. I'm not looking forward to tracking down a correct Gree weeks down the road.

If you're going to do a repaint, can it at least be done correctly? Sheesh.

I picked up the other figures as well, and I'm at least pleased enough with Bly and, surprisingly, the Wookiee Commando. The Wookiee looks better in black and gray, and the loincloth thing is enough to make him feel different. The other four aren't even interesting enough to open yet.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 25, 2005, 01:08 PM »
I would agree with you Jared on the Gree. He'll be okay for my son to play with and he is ok as a figure, but it is another example of a figure that could have been very good if not great.
I love the Wookie! I love the new color and the loincloth. He's a keeper. I also really like the new Neimodian Commander! Much improved for a rehash and I'll be keeping in.
The Grevious Bodyguard is nothing big. I got him and will keep him because my son wants 1 of each to play with off my shelf.
I left the Passel, no interest there. Got a Cat Minn for a friend, but if he doesn't want it then it will go back.

This wave made me realize one thing. I know in the next wave I will get 2 501st and 1 R4 and then I am done.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 25, 2005, 03:36 PM »

If you're going to do a repaint, can it at least be done correctly? Sheesh.

I started dreading Gree the moment I saw that the "straps" were going to be painted on rather than detailed in the sculpt and/or part of a backpack accessory.  I love the 41 SA body, but I would have much rather had Hasbro hold off on Gree until they could do it right and replace him in this assortment with a 501st or an Utapau Clone using this body.  To hear that the helmet isn't correctly done, in addition to the lack of a comm pack and sculpted straps is making me much less excited about not finding this figure at retail than I had been.

Is Bly similarly botched, or did they actually get him right?