Author Topic: HOW MUCH DOES LUKE KNOW  (Read 1920 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
HOW MUCH DOES LUKE KNOW
« on: September 27, 2005, 06:55 PM »
Okay my very first topic, it might be a long one but please bare with me as it's a question i feel really needs to be asked and answered.  now that the final movie is over and everybody knows basically everything that leads up to EP IV what is it that luke knows about his family tree?  so when luke & obi are in the Falcon on their way to Alderaan luke never asks so what's my mom's name?  so we obviously know there is no conversing with Yoda about the whole Ani/Vader turning, but in ROTJ when spirit Obi & Luke are talking there couldn't possibly be a longer conversation there before it cuts to the rebel fleet where Obi tells Luke everything plane as day none of that point of view B.S.  Now also the coming back from the netherwold stuff this would obviosly continue into the EU realm but no continuing Luke's training from the afterlife, i know all about the i can't talk anymore bit from Tim Zahn's book, but that all seems like a great big cop out to me because Lucas didn't let anybody touch the prequel era stuff and it just seems like a chitty way around everything.  oh and i forgot the greatest one of all, r2 never gets his memory wiped so here's lil r2 running around with the biggest secrect in the star wars universe and he hasn't told anybody yet?  i guess this all kind of stems from my past love the EU.  I read all the books and with the prequels now complete it seems like just about everything i've read was a waste of time.  the EU should be completely rewritten.  anyway what's  everybody's opinion EU not really counting here but how do you think it should be?
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: HOW MUCH DOES LUKE KNOW
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2005, 10:44 PM »
I take EU as just fun ol entertainment for a Star Wars fan and that is about it.  I guess I take some of the stories AFTER ROTJ a tad more seriously since there will not be any more movies to much up the fantasy tales after that. 

Just like Star Wars itself.  It's better if you not take everything so seriously about it.  It was meant to be a fantasy tale for youger kids or teens and that is about all.  A good time for everyone.  It's not supposed to be something we all take as the gospel.  To many do though I am afraid.  Even the media does.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: HOW MUCH DOES LUKE KNOW
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 06:06 PM »
Actually in one of the newer NJO era books,R2 slips out some stuff from ROTS like Ani 7 Padme together,Anakin choking Padme & his/Leia's birth,so eventually R2 tells Luke some stuff.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m