Author Topic: Which Anakin head is best?  (Read 2066 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Which Anakin head is best?
« on: November 9, 2005, 10:29 AM »
After seeing the awesome job that Hasbro did on the Obi-Wan #55 (IMO the best Jedi figure we've ever gotten) I was disappointed in every Anakin figure they gave us, with the exception of the EVO set version (which I found only once, and was still not 100% satisfied with either of them). So I'm doing what every good customizer does, and making my own. Fully articulated, posseable as hell... I've got everything figured out for the body, but which Anakin head should I use? I'm going for the Darth Vader version, before the suit. 501st/Jedi Temple Assault/Mustafar Duel basically. I'm not particularly fond of any of them, as I personally think they all suck. And since I suck at sculpting, I'm not even going to try making a new one. The one I have on the bench now is the un-burnt version from the #50 Anakin. I'm going to re-paint the eyes to the Sith colors, but is there a better head (outside of the EVO sets, again) that I should/could use instead?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Which Anakin head is best?
« Reply #1 on: November 9, 2005, 12:27 PM »
I'm assuming you want a ROTS head obviously... to me nothing comes close to the Evolutions one.  But if you do need to look at the other ones, I don't think the first Anakin (the one that has been repainted in the Target Lava sets) is a bad choice at all.  You may need to repaint it some, and maybe make his face look a little more "determined."  But other than that, I'm not sure what a good head would be.

Also, the body on it... I do think the Evolutions is the way to go also.  If you can get a hold of one of those figures, it might be the best way to go... I don't think I would be able to make my own that could top that one.

:P

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 9, 2005, 01:33 PM »
Well, that's kinda what I pointed out, that the EVO head is the best. But I don't agree that the body is. I was a little disappointed with the bodies on the Ep2 and Ep3 Anakins. One has ankle articualtion, one doesn't. One has good elbow articulation, the other doesn't. I don't know why they didn't make them both with an SA body. And the cloak on the Ep3 body is absolute ****. So I'm going to do one the way Hasbro should have in the first place.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 11:49 AM »
Well, maybe you could mix the parts with the two Anakin Evolution figures?  I though about doing that.

Offline Quazar

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 01:03 PM »
I actually think the "Slashing attack" Anakin head is pretty good.  Better than the Evo. one, which is pretty darn good in all other respects.
Sith Lords Are Our Speciality

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Well, maybe you could mix the parts with the two Anakin Evolution figures?  I though about doing that.

Ahh, but the point is not to buy another $20 box set to make a single figure. I'm actually just about done, hopefully by tomorrow night I can unveil my Ultimate Anakin.