« on: March 26, 2016, 04:01 AM »
First off there is no post credits scene
I really wanted to like this movie, I really did, but there is just so much bad in this movie that outweighs the good. It felt like they had 2 hours to write the script before they had to turn it in and had come up with 800 ideas during a brainstorming session involving marijuana and just decided to go with everything. The pacing and editing were all over the place, and there was just way too much going on. Also, the ENTIRE MOVIE was spoiled by the second trailer. Imagine how badass the Wonder Woman debut would have been had we not known it was coming? Or the Luthor one-liners and general craziness, which wasn't even really explained anyway? Ugh, whatever company was in charge of marketing this movie deserves to go out of business. It's a textbook case to other studios of how to NOT put everything in the trailer and leave some elements of surprise.
Some random thoughts (spoilers apply):
- LOVED Affleck as Batman. Someone involved in this movie obviously played the Arkham video games because the Batman fight scenes were straight out of them. Alfred was great too. Seriously, I'd watch a Batman movie with those two. In fact, I really did enjoy the whole cast
- The one thing I disliked about Batman, why was he killing and using guns?
- The soundtrack was FANTASTIC, probably the best part of the movie
- They did a horrible job with the "Martha" thing. I get that compassion for his mother is what made Batman realize that Superman is human, but the way it played out sounded like "Our moms have the same name, let's go play!"
- What was with the random spread eagle shot of Wonder Woman on her back after spending the whole movie trying not to sexualize her?
- Zack Snyder REALLY wanted us to see Amy Adam's boobs
- The cameos would have made a perfect post credits scene... Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg have less screen time combined than Luke in TFA. And then there's the photo of Chris Pine imitating Captain America. Weird.
I dunno... I need to sleep on it, and I might need to see it again anyway since there was a doofus couple next to me laughing and commentating on everything that happened