Collectibles > The Vintage Collection

Kenner "Special Action Figure Set" 3-Packs

<< < (2/45) > >>

Brian:
Although it is just more repacks (which might be for the best, as already mentioned), they don't look too bad.  Plus, I'll be much more likely to grab some if they are sold as individual 3 packs instead of the big 9 box.  I've been hoping we'd see the VOTC Han out there again at some point for awhile now, so I'll definitely try to grab at least one of those.  I may get the others too.  I never bit on the 9 pack, but thought I would if it ever hit clearance.  Our closest store marked them down to $35, and they flew out the door, so I missed out there.  May have to check the Super Target across town.

Scockery:
2011 and they repacked a 1997 2-1B. LOL.

More old packaging for people who like old packaging.

CHEWIE:
These sets look interesting... not sure I'll bite (depends on the price).

Imperial Set - The Stormtrooper looks like the Sandtrooper that is currently out, but the helmet kind of looks different to me (probably just my eyes playing tricks on me).  If the helmet looks right, if there's no yellowing, and if the belt isn't "choppy" looking like the current Sandtrooper, I'll probably get a couple sets of that one.  That's a lot of "ifs" though.

ANH Rebels - Ugh, that Luke again?  I can't stand that mold.  Those arms are the real problem in my opinion with that figure.  They just seem a bit oversized.  If they did something about that, the figure would be a lot better I think.  I might get a set because I love that Han Solo, and Kenobi is cool.

ESB Rebels - That 2-1B... well, yeah he's outdated and I prefer the mold from the TAC line better even though that one is tiny.  The Rebel is cool, but really... I can do without most likely.  I actually like the Leia figure the most and have always liked her look on Hoth.  May or may not grab this one.  It's not that exciting... if they had used the newer droid, I'd be convinced to get at least one set.  As is, probably a pass.  Not worth it simply for a Rebel scarf. 

I kind of think both Rebel sets might pegwarm.

jedipurge:
what's that sound I hear????

OH ya it's the sound of these suckers ringing up at clearance price.
really we need vader in a pack like this.  This just for kids/new fans getting into it

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Paul on January  5, 2011, 09:27 AM ---The set with the Hoth Rebel is the one JJ is referring to, I believe.

--- End quote ---

Yes.

A figure released only in a large battlepack, that people wanted to army build a lot?  I'll have 7 total when it's all said and done here, but how many people bought more than 1 of that battlepack but wanted more of that trooper?  If these are reasonably priced, I could see that set being the only one that sells at a decent pace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version