Collectibles > Droid Factory 2013

2013 Droid Factory = Dead

<< < (11/12) > >>

Jesse James:
Two eventually but yeah, I don't know if I buy the Disney thing either.  I've heard that rumor and just don't know  how much weight it holds.  You never know though, but for now I'm fine not considering that a factor.

I don't think there's a boatload of people going for Disney Parts either.  My local buddy's been my drug mule on those for me and let me use his discount.  I'm probably in a vast minority that cared.

Brian:
Its always a little sad to see "our" line have things like this happen, as regardless of the reason a hiatus like this can't exactly be a great thing for the line.  For me, the break will be nice.  I spent more than I wanted to last year again, and I could use the break to just save up.  I guess the re-releases of vintage is good for those who missed it, but it seems like most collectors probably got these online via cases or sets or whatever by this point.  Could be a lot of stuff sitting on the pegs again this year, just due to it basically being "old" stuff - even if it was hard to find (or impossible) the first time around.

I'm not sure I buy either of the build a droid/Disney or pricing reasons for the death of this line.  I really think Hasbro got thrown for a loop with the combination of the disaster of 2012 (TPM backlog), the general slow down in action figure buying from non-collectors, the movement of the 3D releases, and the Disney acquisition.  They are probably scrambling a bit now, moving the AOTC heavy wave to the Fall (and likely adding in some ROTS themed stuff), and lining things up for the possibility of the 3D OT next year.  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised to see an OTC type line next year, with a few new figures and a lot of repacks.  They have to start dedicating a lot of their resources to the new movie stuff with the first one scheduled for 2015.  If that date holds, I think that they'd want to be working on stuff already and there hasn't even been a single person cast yet.

Pete_Fett:
I kinda wish I had known this bit of news before the TRU Buy-One-Get-One-50%-Off sale had ended - the only reason I hadn't upped my count of Speederbikes to 6 openers from 4 was because I was planning on getting a bunch of Droid Factory Biker Scouts (which was supposed to be the same sculpt as what's with the bike)....

Here's hoping TRU has another sale soon...

Mister Skeezler:
You should get more of the speederbike anyways...that thing is just, plain awesome.

Greg:
I can't say I was too distraught by this news... in fact, I'm actually a bit relieved. I have always had mixed feelings on the whole "Build a Figure" concept. While I don't mind getting full waves and completing the BAFs, I hate the idea of missing one or two figures and having an incomplete BAF. Now that BAD is cancelled I don't have to worry about completing BAFs. In addition I'm sure all of the figures shown will make it out over the next two years so it's difficult to lose any sleep over the cancellation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version