Collectibles > The Black Series 6" Figures

6 Inch Figures?

<< < (24/32) > >>

Jayson:

--- Quote from: Force Guy on February 14, 2013, 10:00 AM ---B) 6" figures from various other toy lines aren't anywhere near $10
--- End quote ---

The Hobbit 6" figures are $14.99 each (at TRU), and 7" Wresting figures are $12.99 each so a lower MSRP is conceivable for this scale.

Force Guy:
Perhaps, but is the license for The Hobbit as lucrative and expensive as the license for Star Wars?  I'm pretty sure we know the answer, and that translates to extra $$$ for items.

Jesse James:
The Hobbit license wasn't cheap from what I hear, and was bought by a company a fraction of the size of Hasbro...  The argument can be made, is all I'm saying.

I have a feeling the 6" figures, like all Hasbro stuff, seem to have a decent cushion for sales...  I think $15 with still probably cutting out a decent profit is absolutely possible on these, but that's just my opinion.  I know even at $7.50 a piece, TRU still makes a tidy profit on Star Wars figures.

I think $20's a bit absurd for them, but that's my opinion, I wouldn't be all in on them at $10 even so my opinion is moot.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: Jayson on February 14, 2013, 09:57 AM ---If they were on sale for $14.99 each would you maybe get them?  ;)

--- End quote ---

Hmm.  Good question.  I would be sorely tempted at $15.  That still feels too high to me, but I'd probably talk myself into it given the lack of other stuff to buy.  It helps that there's only four in the wave as well.  If I see them lining the pegs for months on end, I'll probably wait, but if they seem to be selling pretty well and someone runs a BOGO50, I might cave.  Somewhere closer to the 50% is my all-in buy though.

MasterFisto:
When I first saw these 6" toys, I was really excited for them.  But as the weeks have passed, my enthusiasm for them has waned.  I am still a little underwhelmed with the character selection for the initial wave.  From my stump, I would say that an initial wave should really WOW the collector in terms of character selection; and I gotta say that the selection here is a little...ho hum.  Although Hasbro stated to the contrary, Pilot Luke is not what I would call iconic.  Well, in all fairness, I guess it is; but it certainly is not the first one to come to mind when I think of Luke in an "action" sequence.  If you watch the OT, all Luke ever does while wearing that suit is sit in his vehicle.  Granted, he's in a couple dogfights in A New Hope while wearing that suit, and he blows up the Death Star; but no lightsaber fights or blaster shoot-outs.  He just drives a vehicle.  If it were up to me to decide which Luke to start the line with, I would have gone with an outfit that invoked more physical action, such as his Bespin fatigues, or his black outfit in Return of the Jedi.  There, you could pose him with his lightsaber, or have him draw his blaster, and it would invoke more of what he actually looked like when he did that stuff in the movies.

And the Sandtrooper?  I know that a lot of collectors get some major wood over this character; but I only think of one thing: "Look, sir: droids!"  These are the guys who just walked around Mos Eisley looking for droids. 

R2-D2 is what I would expect from an initial wave; and he's loaded to the gills with accessories.  He makes sense for an initial wave.  And the Darth Maul figure is also a good choice for an initial wave.  I just wish that the figure looked more like the character from the film.  Oh well.

Like some of you here, I might just wait to see how these sell, and perhaps pick them up on sale. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version