Community > Watto's Junk Yard

What do you drive?

<< < (73/77) > >>

Morgbug:

April to November.   :-*

Rob:
I do the same from about April until the early part of December - to work at least.  It's about a 12 mile round trip down the lake from my house to my office and it's awesome.  We put gas in the car maybe every 5 or 6 weeks during those months.

The new car is going with my wife, to New Hampshire where she'll have a 20 mile or so commute.

Jesse James:
Wow 5 or 6 weeks?  I'd drop a lil seafoam in just to keep things dry and smoove.

Rob:
Not familiar... would that still be your advice if I told you I was still driving the car every 3 to 4 days, but just wasn't going far enough to burn through a tank of gas that fast?

Jesse James:
Ah ok, no...  You won't need to do that then.  Yeah it's just an additive to keep moisture out of fuel lines that aren't used often.  If you're starting it up and running it routinely, just not far, that'll keep it fine.  Gas goes "bad" though if it's left sit long periods and in general moisture gathers in the tank and things and that's not good so you dump a little Seafoam in... 

There are other products, Heet, etc.  All basically doing the same thing, but Seafoam is some pretty solid stuff and seems to clear up a lot of fuel issues I've found.  People put it in boats for the winter, tractors, etc.

You'll be good though running it just for short bits.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version