Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Are you ready for yearly Star Wars films?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Matt_Fury:

--- Quote from: Jesse James on April 17, 2013, 09:29 PM ---I got a couple local buddies with 4 and 5 year old boys...  I envy them.  It's good timing.

I think that's the guys who should be most excited are the ones with lil kids.

--- End quote ---

I have mixed feelings about this.  The part that thinks it's great is in line with you Jesse...my Son will be old enough to go to these movies and I'll be able to take my son to see Star Wars in the theater.

On the otherhand, I'm afraid that oo many people are going to have their hands on these, I wasn't fond of GL just surrounding himself with yes men, but too may people having input might be just as detrimental.  Also, with so much coming out, it might actually be too much.

bigj22:
what exactly is a standalone film?

shmashwitdaclub:

--- Quote from: bigj22 on April 23, 2013, 04:44 PM ---what exactly is a standalone film?

--- End quote ---

i was figuring it is basically a movie following one of the characters we know (rumoured Han or Boba or Yoda) and putting them into an all new storyline, completely unrelated to anything in prior films or the future trilogy. Also having an all new cast of new supporting characters.

JediJman:

--- Quote from: shmashwitdaclub on April 23, 2013, 08:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: bigj22 on April 23, 2013, 04:44 PM ---what exactly is a standalone film?

--- End quote ---

i was figuring it is basically a movie following one of the characters we know (rumoured Han or Boba or Yoda) and putting them into an all new storyline, completely unrelated to anything in prior films or the future trilogy. Also having an all new cast of new supporting characters.

--- End quote ---

I don't know if it needs to have all those constraints.  I think its simply planned as one-and-done instead of having sequels.  Star Wars movies have always been grouped as trilogies, so the stand-alones can act as a complete story on their own, really focusing on any aspect of Star Wars.

Phrubruh:
I'm looking at them as side quests. The places in a game were you have to go retrieve a object from a dungeon to give to a town person in order to get a better sword.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version