Collectibles > The Black Series 3.75"

Your Hopes/Fears for The Black Series 3.75" Figures?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Muftak:
What constitutes the "wow factor" 3000 figures into the line? What can they give us that we haven't seen before?

Force Guy:

--- Quote from: Muftak on February  2, 2013, 11:04 PM ---What constitutes the "wow factor" 3000 figures into the line? What can they give us that we haven't seen before?

--- End quote ---

How about an 8D8/EV-9D9 two pack with pull-apart tortured droid and torture mechanism? Or how about some Build-A-Droid sets of 2 or 3 with interchangable parts? Or a 3.75" scaled Krayt Dragon or Dagobah Dragon Snake?  Figures like the Tonnika Sisters, Velken Tezeri, Toryn Farr, or heck at this point, even a figure of Jamie Farr would be very much welcomed...anything but the same old regurgitated crap like another Anakin, another Clone Trooper, another Obi-Wan.  Those are the type of items that would fulfill my personal "wow factor" requirements at this point in time.         

I'd also like to see a return of "ultra" or "deluxe" figures packaged with diorama pieces.  Larger accessories such as the Tractor Beam panel thingy from ANH, or the War Room console from ROTJ before the Battle of Endor, or a Funeral Pyre for Vader.  Hasbro just needs to excercise some inspired creativity with the 3.75" line.  It might be asking for too much, but how about some frickin' playsets for the "3000 figures into the line?"   

Scockery:

--- Quote from: Force Guy on February  3, 2013, 12:35 AM ---
 Figures like the Tonnika Sisters, Velken Tezeri, Toryn Farr, or heck at this point, even a figure of Jamie Farr would be very much welcomed...

--- End quote ---

They made two 3 3/4" figures of Jamie Farr in the 80's M.A.S.H. line. Why would kids want to play M.A.S.H.? I did have one, though.

Jesse James:
I had MASH guys for hostages Cobra would take.   :-\

DoctorPadawan:
My hope is that with Hasbro apparently going with the "budget" approach as it relates to Movie Heroes (5 POA), they'll finally admit that the Vintage/Black Series/whatever line is a collector-focused line and offer a figure assortment that respects that fact. I'm talking super-articulation as the bare minimum with no corners being cut on deco and no sacrifice of film authenticity for stupid pack-ins and gimmicks.

We already know we aren't getting BAD pieces so I'm hoping they realize anything other than a stand (and we all have all we need of those at this point) as a pack-in is a waste. Use whatever budget for those on including lightsaber hilts that attach to belts, or for a frigging leg strap for the holster. Lack of holster aside, the Vintage RFT is a perfect example of great accessories packed in to add value, so more of that where they can do it would be great.

And if they're going for a true collector-focused line, and with the main characters being well-represented in the budget line for kids, don't sacrifice spaces in the Black Series to repack Obi-Wan and Anakin and X-Wing Luke for the millionth time. If you do a main character in the Black Series, make it a version that isn't identical, costume-wise to another figure (like 3 identical Obi-Wans in 3 different assortments). Do a ROTJ-deco Boba Fett using the Evolutions body with mods as necessary, or do a cloth-lower coat Hoth Han with the hood up.

My other main hope is that they not overdo things in terms of the number of figures released. Part of the problem these last few years is there have been too many figures split across too many "waves" and 90% of them didn't show up to retail or, if they did show up, were victims of horrible case packs and only showed up once. They could cut the line to 24 totally new figures for the entire year (4 waves of 6 figures) and release an assortment every 3 months, with the first release being a case of 12 figures (2 of each new figure) and, in the off months, release a revision case with the more popular figures as a fill-in assortment. No short packs, no chase figures (which is my biggest fear with the 6" line), and for God's sake, no Phantom Menace figures for a long time.

Like I said, each wave would have 6 brand new figures which would encompass five of the six films and, as available, realistic versions of CW characters. I won't go into personal wish lists but I think we could (mostly) all agree that realistic versions of animated Jedi who appeared in the films (Mace, Fisto, Koon) with forearm armor isn't going to be interesting. Do stuff like Bo-Katan, Pong Krell, Hondo Ohnaka, Duchess Satine, Savage Opress, or even Rex and Wolffe instead of just blowing a spot on "Saesee Tiin in Leg Armor".

My biggest hope is that, whatever they do, people are able to actually find it. If Hasbro doesn't get their **** together this fall, especially after the complete cluster**** of the last 3 years, a lot of the people who have been sitting on the fence and giving the big H another chance are going to jump ship completely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version