Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 206260 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1560 on: October 29, 2008, 11:31 AM »
The Skyhawk looks great, I might actually grab two of those. 

Been passing on pretty much everything with this line as of late... saw the Cobra Fang w/ Glider at Wal-Mart last week.  Looked kind of cool, but the figures were a bit silly with their color schemes.  So, I passed.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1561 on: October 29, 2008, 05:40 PM »

Been passing on pretty much everything with this line as of late... saw the Cobra Fang w/ Glider at Wal-Mart last week.  Looked kind of cool, but the figures were a bit silly with their color schemes.  So, I passed.

The Skyhawk is actually a new tool which is more incentive to by it. I may buy two as well when it hits. Chew, I know you can make a sweet custom ship for SW out of it.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1562 on: October 29, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Saw the Cobra Arctic and Desert multipacks today.  The Arctic one seemed cool, but the Desert one seemed like a bit of a stretch.  I for one am glad I didn't get sucked back into the Joes line.  Even if they are making Lift Ticket with the Sky Hawk.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1563 on: October 29, 2008, 10:31 PM »

The Skyhawk is actually a new tool which is more incentive to by it. I may buy two as well when it hits. Chew, I know you can make a sweet custom ship for SW out of it.

Funny you should say that... I did customize a vintage one a couple years ago, and used it in a photonovel last year -

I love that vehicle...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1564 on: October 30, 2008, 12:45 PM »
It looks like BBTS has the Wave 11 figures in stock (for a bit higher price) for anyone interested.  I have some of these preordered at HTS, so we'll see how that turns out.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1565 on: October 31, 2008, 12:50 AM »
AFA graded Joes at HTS

Hasbro is starting to remind me of GM in the 1990s when they made huge profits from SUVs.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1566 on: October 31, 2008, 01:23 AM »
I find that to be completely ridiculous and out of line for a toy company.  Hasbro's been trying to straddle that collector/kids toy market for a while but this is too much.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1567 on: October 31, 2008, 08:29 AM »
Got Notification that Wave 11 and 12 are headed my way from BBTS.  Also, on a tip from Alyosha, I ordered the 5th DVD pack (Alpine, Cobra Comm, Cobra Soldier and BJ Duke) from ToyRacket.com, and those are due here today.

So we will see. If I get them I will post pics.

And stop all the Attorney Bashing...... don't believe Hollywood, we weren't all issued BMW's and Trust Funds upon Graduation (although I went to school with a few who did).  And don't buy into Shakespeare's little quip...  :)

Here is a bit of Joe Related Trivia...which RAH figure's Cardback listed him as an Attorney in Civilian Life?

As far as the AFA figures on HTS goes... well, it is a case of be careful what you wish for.  Certain very vocal folks have been attacking Hasbro to do something for collectors... So I don't fault their intent, just their execution.  The same effort it took to send those figures to AFA could have been spent putting decently carded figures in the "Star Cases" they sell themselves for only double the mark up.  But at least this way if the grading is not to standard...it was AFA's fault not HTS.  All this is lost no me as I open all my figures anyway.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1568 on: October 31, 2008, 05:37 PM »
Two attorneys?  My god...  How has JD survived!  ::)   :-*
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1569 on: November 1, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Question.  Does the Breaker in the Trouble Bubble set have all of the accessories that the comic pack version came with (helmet, communicator, bubble gum, etc)?  Also, in the first wave of vehicles the figures didn't come with stands - do they in the newer releases?

John

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1570 on: November 1, 2008, 12:57 PM »
Question.  Does the Breaker in the Trouble Bubble set have all of the accessories that the comic pack version came with (helmet, communicator, bubble gum, etc)?  Also, in the first wave of vehicles the figures didn't come with stands - do they in the newer releases?

John

Nope.  Helmet and gun, but no communicator or gum.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1571 on: November 1, 2008, 10:46 PM »
The eBay gods have not been kind to me.

In the off chance that any of you have a loose Shipwreck (single carded, not the comic pack) that you're interested in parting with, shoot me a PM or something.  I'm willing to negotiate.  Sorry if I'm not supposed to post this stuff here.  I am, after all, stupid.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1572 on: November 1, 2008, 11:04 PM »
I say this section is fine as long as it is not just lists of stuff, but I am not a moderator in here, so that would be up to Brad, Dale or Ryan)

Oh and PM sent

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1573 on: November 2, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Got around to opening one of my Firebats and the Sharc today.  LOVE the Firebat.  Never owned the Terrordome, and I guess I missed out on the mail aways, but it's a sweet lil jet.  A.V.A.C. is all sorts of awesome as well.  Sharc is nice to own again, but I never had Deep Six for some reason so I was unaware that he was a brick with arms.  Glad to finally have him in my collection, but it would have been nice for some added articulation.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1574 on: November 2, 2008, 06:47 PM »
Sadly...he DOES have added articulation. The arms are much better than the vintage one.

The Best Of DVD has the Ultimate Cobra Commander....chrome faceplate (larger that previous) and larger helmet as well as open hands on each side (no fists).