Author Topic: 25th Anniversary Line  (Read 210183 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1485 on: September 27, 2008, 02:00 AM »
That's a very sweet Falcon figure Paul.  I dig the shottie...  Removable beret?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1486 on: September 27, 2008, 04:48 PM »
Just picked up my second Rattler this morning.  I guess I'm just going to do a squad of three each and call it quits on these suckers.  Been seeing tons of full pegs everywhere - even decided to stop at WM today in hopes of new vehicles.  Not looking good.  I sure hope retail doesn't choke on all these figs which may lead to an Indy syndrome.  Nice to see that Hasbro finally answered the call though.

Picked up a Conquest X-30 today. No sign of the Rattler, but I'm not sure I have room for two of these.

There's always room!   :D
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1487 on: September 28, 2008, 12:21 PM »
Yeah, but I have the 2002 Rattler so it's hard to buy something I already bought (says a guy who owns four ROTS Jedi Starfighters...)

I suppose if I find a Rattler, I'd buy it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1488 on: September 28, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Guys- I have a Shipwreck from the comic pack that I don't want (bought it for the Copperhead), so please let me know if you want to buy/trade him.  This is the one with the life vest on.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1489 on: September 28, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Yeah, but I have the 2002 Rattler so it's hard to buy something I already bought (says a guy who owns four ROTS Jedi Starfighters...)

The Rattler was my first Joe vehicle ever so it's near and dear to me and brings back a lot of good memories.  Wasn't the TRU Rattler like all red/tan or something with electronics/missing/weird bombs?  TRU also did the Snow Cat in a funky manor as well IIRC.  I have hopes for the Hydrofoil being re-released in classic colors even though they seemed to have been warming a bit too much in 05.  Oh and I'm not diggin the fact that the new Moccasin is green either.  WTF is up with that  ???

I can hook you up if you're not having any luck.   It's beneficial to live in the land of Target sometimes.   ;)

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1490 on: September 30, 2008, 04:46 AM »
Not sure if you guys had seen the Combat Heroes carded...  I got a photo handed to me of them.  I don't collect 3.75" stuff so I really have no clue what is going on with these.  Just thought I'd share if you're interested in it.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1491 on: October 3, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Wave 7 comic packs.

Looks like I'll only be buying Deep Six/Rock & Roll. I would have bought the hell out of the IG/Viper pack had Hasbro bothered to fix the Viper's arms. And there's no need for Fred/Gung Ho, IMO.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1492 on: October 3, 2008, 01:23 AM »
Yawn.  Sorry, I just can't get overly excited about any of those sets.  I agree with you on hte IG/Viper pack.  I'm not a fan of that Viper figure due to the goofy arms.

I haven't picked up any 25th Joe figures in a couple months now.  Haven't seen more than the first wave of vehicles (and the Target planes) or Battle Packs and the single carded figures have now stagnated at both Target and WM locally.  The Destro/IG, CC/Tripwire wave is the most recent comic packs we've seen here.  I've actually kind of lost track on where we should be.  The only plans I have for the near future on this line are the BP's to finish off my MASS Device.

My most recent Joe purchase was the SWAT 3-pack from the 2008 Convention.  Love the figures in that set and was happy to pick them up.  Now I have to decide if I want to splurge on the Bullhorn/RTV set or not.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1493 on: October 3, 2008, 11:14 AM »
BBTS has the following for a December preorder.

1x Cobra Commander & Tripwire
1x Snake Eyes & Hard Master
1x Beachhead & Mainframe
1x Scrap Iron & Wild Bill
2x Shockwave & Pilot Destro
2x Storm Shadow (Training) & Tunnel Rat

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1494 on: October 3, 2008, 11:44 AM »
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1495 on: October 3, 2008, 02:13 PM »
Looks more like he's being shot in the crotch.
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1496 on: October 3, 2008, 03:24 PM »
He fired off some knuckle children, at a pretty good velocity too with the flaming flagelli and all.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2008, 03:25 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1497 on: October 3, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Agreed.  And apparently after drinking a fair amount of highly flammable Dreadnok moonshine.  I hope this is implemented as an action feature in future...um...releases.
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1498 on: October 3, 2008, 05:25 PM »
2x Shockwave & Pilot Destro

Wait, is there a GI Joe Shockwave or is this a Transformers crossover!?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
G.I. Joe Toys Thread
« Reply #1499 on: October 3, 2008, 05:37 PM »
1988 Release...GI Joes SWAT Trooper also released as part of the Night Force sub-team.

Hopefully Hasbros will look close to this....